Protests: Are they happening in your city? Are you participating? Thoughts?

Protests and riots are erupting across the U.S. due to the ****** of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer. Americans, are these protests rising in your city? Have you participated in any of them? Any thoughts?

-------------

Protests have been happening here for the past couple days. I'm fully in support of it, but I'm also too nervous to go out into it due to the violence and coronavirus. I'm also getting a little scared here because things are pretty tense and things are expected to get really bad tonight. I live in the city and while I'm a decent ways away to where most of the protests are happening, I'm really scared about protests moving to where I live. Police have been on power trips and seem to just be fanning the flames of the fire. 

2000.jpeg

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

I'm in Atlanta, and the protests have been happening since yesterday. I fully support them 100% and I would be in attendance myself if it weren't for thr pandemic. I don't understand how people aren't scared of being in such a large crowd. Georgia was already hit very hard by COVID and I don't mean to down the protests, but it's going to get worse because of this. Also, I'm incredibly saddened by the arrests that are occurring right now and all the fires and looting that took place last night. I really hope they don't continue to burn Atlanta. Setting fires achieves nothing unfortunately but it seems to be the only "real" action being taken. 

As for whether I'm scared by the protesting itself, I would say yes but also I've always been in a bad area so it's not much farther than the normal fear I experience. 

• Love 3

It's happening in DC and Baltimore (Baltimore's is tonight), and I'm a little nervous. I completely support it 100%, but I do worry about the looters and the fact that everything is being destroyed. I would be joining the peaceful protests if it wasn't for the coronavirus which I'm high risk and can't risk it. I feel bad for the business owners (not Target that has tons of insurance etc.) but the small business owners and black business owners who are losing everything. Please give to this man if you can, he spent his entire life savings on his business which was about to open but has been burned down: https://www.gofundme.com/f/scores-bar-mpls-riot-rebuild?fbclid=IwAR1nEhoV3YyLEYGOu5HkJxuNoyMp4ndDxqeL8-H73TrZT_vulHqk1QkAu2w 

well I live in France and protesting is kinda cultural here (once a week for over a year, for one thing or another, as long as you scream & shout a motto) :jl: so I do know those gas bombs, and the anti-riot police shots from fireballs (during a protest for a silly school reform & another one for the environment haha)

I just hate it when it turns into anarchy. you don't need to break anything, or to hit/spit at/abuse policemen (I hate generalisations, erghhhh, a lot of them are ******* ****, yeah I know this cause I've got some friends that have had some abusive reactions from them, but there's also some good guys over there, and during this crisis (corovanirus), loosing your job (especially in America) isn't really the most obvious option).

a peaceful walk is much more impactful. and eventually shows how superior you are to these **** spreading hate and violence. :tysm:

actually, I'm shocked at one thing in that story... orange is the new black. one prisoner has been killed in the show with the exact same technique & after that a huge riot occurred, and the Blacks were described as 'thugs' and 'savages' 

the exact same thing happen(ed)s atm. disturbing. 

• Love 1

Y'all know they looted the whole foods and the Grove right next to The Zone. Like literally next door, buildings connected.

It's my neighborhood. Helicopters haven't stopped circling. The Grove police kiosk was set ablaze. Lots of graffiti.

I just know they probably graffitied Britney's murials on the front of the building so be prepared for that. Hope they didn't steal the toxic costume :nervousney:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Peaceful protests are understandable but these ANTIFA-style riots are not at all. 

I too fail to understand how looting and trashing their own hometowns achieves anything whatsoever aside from distancing people from supporting them.

Also waiting for an explanation as to how people who just wanted to go to work to provide for their families are "grandma and grandpa murderers" while these completely unregulated, undistanced, out of control riots get a free pass.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

I changed the logo up top as a means of solidarity for what’s going on. 

Before anyone comments that it’s mostly white... since our theme color is dark blue, if the colors were inverted the black would fade into the background and not be visible. Thought that would be much much worse. 

I really like it, Jordan, and I’m so glad you’re taking a stand ❤️

15 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

I too fail to understand how looting and trashing their own hometowns achieves anything whatsoever aside from distancing people from supporting them.

Also waiting for an explanation as to how people who just wanted to go to work to provide for their families are "grandma and grandpa murderers" while these completely unregulated, undistanced, out of control riots get a free pass.

I am not lying, signs point to the Black Lives Matter movement has willingly or unwillingly been infiltrated by ANTIFA.  Some LGBT movements have as well.  

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block