It's not Madonna's fault for creating the template of the modern dayblonde hair pop star.

You can blame Madonna for creating the template for the modern day Blonde haired female dance pop act.

But also please blame the media as well for also using this narrative. Kylie minogue,  Dannii minogue, Gwen Stefani,  Britney spears and of course Lady gaga went through the comparisons 

I understand your anger. But don't put all the blame on Madonna. Point that as well to the mainstream media. This isn't new. This has been going around since the 1980s. It's not likely to change. 

The comparisons at this point should be taken as a compliment not like oh god, what if she fails.

Madonna  is the blueprint for the modern day Pop star of a white Italian or blonde female.

Just like How Mariah Carey  is the standard of vocalists, and Like Janet Jackson is the standard of the African American female pop star..

I'm getting tired of the blame being on Madonna solely. When I truly believe that was never her intention at all.

But the media will always create a standard.  They just used her. And like I said it's been this way since the days of Paula Abdul in the late 80s. It's not likely to change. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Cher showed them all the way and that’s on that :peasants:

The media need to check their facts :gunriah:

But like Cher said. She was never as successful as Madonna. And there have been several hiatuses. Plus exercise tapes, infomercials. I can continue. Cher did stuff that a pop icon would never do. Hell even Psychic hotlines. Madonna would never stoop that low to degrading  herself. 

29 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But like Cher said. She was never as successful as Madonna. And there have been several hiatuses. Plus exercise tapes, infomercials. I can continue. Cher did stuff that a pop icon would never do. Hell even Psychic hotlines. Madonna would never stoop that low to degrading  herself. 

It’s true. But when you’re the first of your kind, a real trailblazer, the OG, missteps are bound to happen. Madonna launched in a totally different world to Cher, one Cher created.

Archived