Britney Spears' "Mood Ring" hits #1 on the US iTunes chart

11 minutes ago, FraFromThe90's said:

The song is not even in the 50 viral of spotify :(  our streaming numbers are ridiculous , and nowdays the only chart that count is the streaming one :(  Did Britney ever have a song in top ten on global spotify chart?

streaming is for peasants :queenflopga: majority of brinty stans are rich older gays like me and we can afford to buy 50 copies of anything brinty releases :ari:

i'm totally kidding, i'm poor af :katycry: but really i guess it has something to do with fan demographics to a certain extent :britstare11:

11 hours ago, Ryu said:

What a great moment to be a Britney fan and I'm all busy with college projects:kyliecry:

But I've been streaming nonstop since yesterday on Spotify with an US VPN :awkblink:am I doing it right? 

yes but having the song on reply doesnt count as stream on Spotify. You have to create a playlist with Mood Ring and 1 other song and put that playlist on replay, otherwise the streams don't count. A song on replay on Spotify counts as a flood and that wont be added to the streams.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, Itachi said:

streaming is for peasants :queenflopga: majority of brinty stans are rich older gays like me and we can afford to buy 50 copies of anything brinty releases :ari:

i'm totally kidding, i'm poor af :katycry: but really i guess it has something to do with fan demographics to a certain extent :britstare11:

mmm, maybe 4 years ago but now everyone is being doin' spotify... the fact is that Britney lost many of her diehard fans and the general public consider her as 90's nostalgia thing..  she has to create at least one new epic era to be considered again, as Mariah did with The emancipation of Mimi and Madonna did with Confessions... 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, nakedsoldier said:

yes but having the song on reply doesnt count as stream on Spotify. You have to create a playlist with Mood Ring and 1 other song and put that playlist on replay, otherwise the streams don't count. A song on replay on Spotify counts as a flood and that wont be added to the streams.

Thank you! Fixed it! 

4 hours ago, alienatedNey said:

I am beyond proud it did this well. She defeated Gaga + Ariana + Blackpink! With an old song! Who would have thought???

Not trying to be negative, but Rain on me will debute at #1 on the BB hot 100, and Mood Ring nowhere to found. So i dont see it as defeading gaga ariana and blackpink.

But she is doing great on Itunes, yes. :deserves:

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Needleney said:

Meanwhile Rain on me will debute at #1 on the BB hot 100, and Mood Ring nowhere to found.

At the end no one cares that much about Itunes im afraid :deserves:

That is such a myopic mindset. 

An old, previously available and accessible song on Youtube and other platforms (though not as widely released) doing this good and being #1 in a chart is already outstanding in itself. It’s almost unprecedented.

Everyone knows Mood Ring will never outpeak an LG and Ari song on the BB considering that MR is up against a new song (with a solid roll out, massive streams, media traction).

People are just genuinely happy that it is doing so well, and has even outsold Gaga in itunes on the eve of an album release. 

Britney, Gaga and Ari are all winning here. Why do we stans need to always pit female artists against each other? It is so petty.

• Love 7
  • Like 2