Britney Spears' "Mood Ring" hits #1 on the US iTunes chart

13 minutes ago, WootsWow said:

Saw her hitting iTunes chart on the news and decided to login exhale after a long time! So happy for Britney! Is iTunes sales still a thing btw? Don’t people mostly streams nowadays?

A sale still counts more than a stream. You need 125 paid streams to be equal to a sale. And like over 300+ free streams for a sale as well. As long as we are streaming AND buying we should chart without a problem. I’m just wanting to chart at the moment and don’t care what number it charts tbh :clicktina:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, WootsWow said:

Saw her hitting iTunes chart on the news and decided to login exhale after a long time! So happy for Britney! Is iTunes sales still a thing btw? Don’t people mostly streams nowadays?

it's not really a thing lol but its cute nonetheless. does iTunes have a chart for streams as well? would be a better indication than digital song sales which are basically non existent these days.

2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

A sale still counts more than a stream. You need 125 paid streams to be equal to a sale. And like over 300+ free streams for a sale as well. As long as we are streaming AND buying we should chart without a problem. I’m just wanting to chart at the moment and don’t care what number it charts tbh :clicktina:

that's true. does this iTunes chart combine sales and streams or just sales?

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
8 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

No we need a new Glory Deluxe Vinyl with the new cover AND Mood Ring :clicktina:

Really worried about it being sold out before I even know its release if they feature the new cover (which they will I believe) :wendycry:

• Love 1

I have been enjoying the conversations I had through Twitter, you know, sharing the happiness when Mood Ring was climbing the charges fast and finally hit the number one spot yesterday.

I mean.. Twitter is great but for me a web forum is still better when reading specific topics. Hahaha!

Yeah. Just droppin' by to tell you that I bought it twice, locally and using my US iTunes account. So, I did my part.

I was also able to convince 4 more friends to buy the song! :)

• Love 1
  • Like 2

What people fell to realize is iTunes is not like it used to be, Britney can be number 1 now and has thus far sold 5,000 copies. Gp really don’t buy music they stream, so other artists might not be selling on iTunes but they streams are in the millions which will equal more than 5k in sales so ultimately they will chart higher than Britney 

Right now we don’t know what Britney is selling hopefully it’s a substantial amount, but like I said before 5k can put you at number 1 

Just now, ThisMeowBiteback said:

What people fell to realize is iTunes is not like it used to be, Britney can be number 1 now and has thus far sold 5,000 copies. Gp really don’t buy music they stream, so other artists might not be selling on iTunes but they streams are in the millions which will equal more than 5k in sales so ultimately they will chart higher than Britney 

If we can't get the streaming part, maybe we can work on the radio airplay. Ugh. We need this to chart in BB!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

If it was a slow week then whatever. But the point is that Gaga just dropped a full album, and has collabs with popular acts and even dropped a music video and Britney is still outselling her with a 4 year old bonus track with no promo at all. 

You don’t think the Little Monsters are trying to take Britney down? It’s impressive whichever way you see it.

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, MANDIXMX said:

If it was a slow week then whatever. But the point is that Gaga just dropped a full album, and has collabs with popular acts and even dropped a music video and Britney is still outselling her with a 4 year old bonus track with no promo at all. 

You don’t think the Little Monsters are trying to take Britney down? It’s impressive whichever way you see it.

But they hands are kind of tied, they brought the album, why would all them buy the song again when it’s already purchase on the album they just brought ? 

You right it is impressive not taking that away I just don’t won’t anybody to get disappointed if don’t chart, Gaga also is dominating in streams 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Really worried about it being sold out before I even know its release if they feature the new cover (which they will I believe) :wendycry:

Thankfully I’ve been on top of all releases except the first Baby one, but I have like 3 different editions now I don’t even care if I missed the first :haha:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

But they hands are kind of tied, they brought the album, why would all them buy the song again when it’s already purchase on the album they just brought ? 

You right it is impressive not taking that away I just don’t won’t anybody to get disappointed if don’t chart, Gaga also is dominating in streams 

Should we not support Mood Ring anymore then? Its better to be #1 on iTunes at least than not #1 anywhere at all. We are trying our best with streaming, its just hard without help from Britney’s team or RCA. 

• Like 1
Just now, MANDIXMX said:

Should we not support Mood Ring anymore then? Its better to be #1 on iTunes at least than not #1 anywhere at all. We are trying our best with streaming, its just hard without help from Britney’s team or RCA. 

Again all I’m saying don’t aspect a debut on the hot 100. I purchase it & request it on radio, like you said we have no help 🤷🏽‍♂️

If she does debut anywhere in the hot 100 that would be very impressive giving it has no radio support or streams 

If they released it worldwide and announced it through their social media and even on Britney's accounts, why can't they just push it a little bit more then? Ugh.
If their intention is to just make it available worldwide, they wouldn't have to really announce it, right?

And one more thing, does a LYRIC VIDEO really help? I mean.. We have the official audio uploaded already on YouTube.

Just now, britrey said:

If they released it worldwide and announced it through their social media and even on Britney's accounts, why can't they just push it a little bit more then? Ugh.
If their intention is to just make it available worldwide, they wouldn't have to really announce it, right?

And one more thing, does a LYRIC VIDEO really help? I mean.. We have the official audio uploaded already on YouTube.

It helps fill the gap between the official video drop (that is if a video is in the works of course). The GP would rather see an engaging lyric video on Youtube than just a picture of Britney. People have short attention span, at least a lyric video gives them a visual aspect to stay tuned for.

• Like 2

I don’t have social media right now, so I heard about senseless killing of the unarmed man by police, so I do think it would be Insensitive if Britney to talk about her being #1 & not mention the situation that is dominated American headlines at the moment. I’m black so I really think if she’s not going to speak on it , than she shouldn’t really talk about a 4 year old single 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Again all I’m saying don’t aspect a debut on the hot 100. I purchase it & request it on radio, like you said we have no help 🤷🏽‍♂️

If she does debut anywhere in the hot 100 that would be very impressive giving it has no radio support or streams 

But no one is expecting anything sis, no need to be a Debbie Downer. This song is the little song that could, it was never suppose to take off the way it did 4 years later. If it debuts at even #100 that would still be a feat. If it doesn’t chart then we still made a statement working as a fanbase to gather together and purchase Mood Ring enough to make it #1 on iTunes. Longest iTunes #1 since Hold It Against Me, so we are winning. Remember this isn’t even a single.