Britney Spears' "Mood Ring" hits #1 on the US iTunes chart

3 hours ago, Catalin said:

I love how we blame the conservatorship/her handlers for anything.

Haha true.

But I do really believe Britney is very alienated about what's happening out of her "bubble" and the informations she has might be very controlled to not "stress her out".

Her Instagram just serves as promotion to whatever/who her team wants to sell. Even the charity stuff has some connection with her management or family somehow. Britney barely speak freely about important stuff there... 

The first video where she mentioned Corona, she called It a disease.

It's not exactly an excuse Im giving, I think Britney nowadays likes being in her own world and this is wrong, her trust in the wrong people will probably end up bad, but...

I really don't believe Britney is insensitive and definitely not racist.

55 minutes ago, Buffybot said:

Haha true.

But I do really believe Britney is very alienated about what's happening out of her "bubble" and the informations she has might be very controlled to not "stress her out".

Her Instagram just serves as promotion to whatever/who her team wants to sell. Even the charity stuff has some connection with her management or family somehow. Britney barely speak freely about important stuff there... 

The first video where she mentioned Corona, she called It a disease.

It's not exactly an excuse Im giving, I think Britney nowadays likes being in her own world and this is wrong, her trust in the wrong people will probably end up bad, but...

I really don't believe Britney is insensitive and definitely not racist.

Not to split hairs but COVID-19 is a respitory disease that is caused by contracting the novel Coronavirus. A lot of people have been confused about that, but I personally don’t think she was, she just doesn’t like speaking on camera.

3 hours ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

If any US fan needs Mood Ring gifted to them, DM me :)  let’s keep Brit stabilized on iTunes and hopefully that will translate into more locals buying and streaming! 

I wanna do this as well but someone said it doesn’t help charts unless you are giving a gift card for someone else to purchase 

5 minutes ago, YannFrance said:

No really, it could have been #1 on Bilboard Hot 100 in 2016. Make Me as a first single was a weak choice.

Maybe but i remember i was really obsessed with make me back then so for me was a good choice

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, YannFrance said:

No really, it could have been #1 on Bilboard Hot 100 in 2016. Make Me as a first single was a weak choice.

That was not the opinion back then. I remember media praising Britney for releasing a slower track instead of the usual pop/dance track. Also, if MM went no 1 you wouldn’t be saying that 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, iknowthemusic'sgood said:

Not to split hairs but COVID-19 is a respitory disease that is caused by contracting the novel Coronavirus. A lot of people have been confused about that, but I personally don’t think she was, she just doesn’t like speaking on camera.

No problem.

Yes, I don't even think it's a big deal... But people mocked her for saying disease and since the beginning the media and the public call virus, she didn't say covid (the disease). Again, not big deal, but she seemed very clueless about what she was talking about.

If she doesn't like speaking on camera, she shouldn't do It. Looks forced.

• Like 1

Make me debuted at 17 with sales alone let’s make that clear, if her video would have debuted the same week she  would of had a top 5 & if she had an award show performance also that week it would have been 1. When she perform at the vmas MM was at the lower end of the charts & made it back to 17 it really did have longevity & I think it was a good first single choice. It wasn’t the single that didn’t perform, because it had all the tools to be number 1, Britney & co just drop the ball 

• Love 4
  • Like 2