Britney Spears' "Mood Ring" hits #1 on the US iTunes chart

2 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Welcome to Exhale! 

It doesn't need to be this Gaga vs Britney thing. Both are having an incredible day and both fanbases get to celebrate. I see it as a win win :bareclap:

Jordy it's not really a britney vs Gaga thing this time around. It literally could have been anyone else. 

As a fanbase we go through so much that we're celebrating, even if we know it's just a moment. Of course Gaga is the "victim", but that's because no one expected Mood Ring to have such an explosion. We are crazy! 

• Love 7
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Lafi said:

Britney's fans are old fashioned, they buy things. Gaga's fans are focused on streaming... but buying is better than streaming in the music Industry... I guess 

:yaknow:

no I guess? imo if we stream the song on youtube and spotify, it'll have a chance to debut on hot100. this is what I hear all the time

13 minutes ago, Lafi said:

Britney's fans are old fashioned, they buy things. Gaga's fans are focused on streaming... but buying is better than streaming in the music Industry... I guess 

:yaknow:

We’re not Madonna fans. We know how to stream and buy at the same time, hence why we’re winning.

• Haha 4
35 minutes ago, YannFrance said:

Streaming the song is more useful than buying it on iTunes if you want it to chart.

thousands of streams = 1 sale :jl:

an instagram post + a Spotify link can't compete with a MV, promotion, radio deals :jl:

that's like comparing an independent movie vs a blockbuster :jl:

a single from a long-waited album including one huge pop act (Ariana) that has a music video including both being the first one in pop culture since a few months VS a bonus track released 4 years ago :jl:

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, TheGrandeLife said:

what's the problem with the YT counter goes from nearly 70k to 618 people, someone trying to break that justice....

what's the problem with the YT counter goes from nearly 70k to 618 people, someone trying to break that justice....

There’s two videos, one from the explicit album and one from the clean album. They’re the same song but two different videos

• Like 1