Britney Spears' "Mood Ring" hits #1 on the US iTunes chart

7 minutes ago, IonutM said:

If they do some sort of promotion(maybe some ig videos or a lyric video on yt) it could. It hasn't been out for more than 24 hours and is no 1, the streams will build up till next week. The music is slow during this pandemic.

It could chart low on hot100 imo :praisega:

Because streaming is the #1 way the world consumes music it’s easy to think that....but in actuality, sales far outweigh streams when it comes to hot 100 charting. You need thousands of streams to equal one digital sale...iTunes is the reason why Lady Gaga and Ariana are going to debut at number one on hot 100 on Tuesdays listing. 

Even if Mood Ring had absolutely no radio play or streams this week (which it will def have decent streams) it could still debut at number 1 on the hot 100 just off of itunes sales if it outsold whoever was pacing to be number 1 By the right amount.

EXAMPLE: Lets say Rain On Me is looking to take the following weeks #1 spot w Say 55,000 sales, 40 million streams, and 50 million in radio audience.....Mood Ring, or any other song, could still beat Rain On Me for number 1 if they had 75,000 to 80,000 sales w vietually no radio or streams....now that level of sales for anyone is extremely unlikely, but thats how strong sales are compared to streams. 

• Love 1

I am soooo happy right now!!!! Can only imagine how britney is feeling!! Pure euphoria she is soooo loved and been through hell and still has such a beautiful radiant energy about her and always spreading positivity. I’m truly proud to have been a Britney Stan through the thick and thin her Glory days are coming again!! I wanna see a video on her instagram twirling away to mood ring doing her thing HOLY GODNEY she is number 1 woooow!

• Love 8
  • Haha 1