Melanie Joy Fontana, co-writer of "Mood Ring", shares two early demos of the song

The final version that made the JP album is my favorite. The production on the demo versions are cool, but the album version is my favorite. It feels more original. The first one sounds too much like a Chainsmokers song (which I get as they produced but its for a Britney album) and the demo with Mustard sounds like a 2008 Timbaland beat. The final Mustard album version sounds like a Britney song but evolved. :comingthru:

• Love 4
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

The one we got sounds like that Rihanna song that was a hit at the time so yeah!

I mean, they sound similar because they're produced by him

I just went and heard Rihanna's and to me, Mood Ring doesn't sound like a rip-off of that, it's just a similar production. The melody isn't even that similar.

It's like when people said Now That I Found You was a rip-off of Wake Me Up just because the sound had a similar style, even though the melody was completely different.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I just went and heard Rihanna's and to me, Mood Ring doesn't sound like a rip-off of that, it's just a similar production. The melody isn't even that similar.

It's like when people said Now That I Found You was a rip-off of Wake Me Up just because the sound had a similar style, even though the melody was completely different.

Well the song was a hit single when Britney was releasing Glory so. Yeah. The internet would’ve compared the two.

Britney is a trailblazer so..... Yeah.

Also, Now That I Found You is trash and deserves what it got tbh. It’s nothing close to Mood Ring. LMAO.

• Love 1

For me the uptempo version ironically sounds like lots of other mustard songs from 2014-2015, but It wasn't produce by him lmfao.

Haters will insist Melanie is the new Myah, like they say Keri hilson sang GM and BTI more than backing vocals and Cathy Dennis is the main singer for Toxic. I can see already!

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Aside the mustard on da BEAT and the structure of certain parts, I never understood the comparisons between the songs.

I can see when people compare Just Luv me and Good for You by Selena, but not in this case.

2 hours ago, MakeMeFweaky said:
mr.png.2b7f47832f96d773c80120f82c620d1a.png

this is the first demo, meant to be a collab with her and The Chainsmokers

here is the original DJ Mustard demo for the song

Thoughts? I actually really like the Chainsmokers version 

DJ Mustard version. OMG I WANT ITT! 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Johanpapz said:

OMG DJ Mustard version is everything! I was already in love with Mood Ring but now, damn... We need to ask her for the full HQ version!!! I need this version in my life!!!

Same!!! If we get her to post the instrumental I’d be willing to give it a shot at mixing it with Brit’s vocals. If Mood Ring was a single back I. 2016, I think this remixes version would be a really great version for single 

• Love 2
  • Like 1