Jump to content

Internet bashes Madonna for posting video of her son dancing to Michael Jackson "to honor and pay tribute to George and His Family and all Acts of Racism and Discrimination"


Recommended Posts

Oh FFS. But nobody has an issue with Gaga waiting until 5 hours before her album release to acknowledge the murder??! 
 

and nobody says anything about Camila cabello talking about her anxiety instead of the murder of George Floyd?! https://www.wsj.com/articles/camila-cabello-letter-ocd-mental-health-fans-11590668326?mod=searchresults&page=1&pos=1

 

FFS! Scold all of them! Not just Madonna! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

As a black person I don't understand the issue with this. She made a post about this earlier expressing her feelings about the murder and now she just posted her son dancing to a song decrying the same racism and violence that she just talked about a few days prior. I feel like this is one of the few instances where things were looked into to hard.

My thoughts excatly! But nobody finds anything wrong with Camila Cabello penning an open letter today about her anxiety because she’s famous...but they’re scolding Madonna after she literally said “f the police” yesterday. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

U know if it was any other artist I wouldn’t put much thought into it but Madonna.... 

hasn’t she called her kids the n word before? 
and constantly appropriates black culture 

but anyways if I say anything too liberal on here I get downvoted so I’ll keep quiet 

well, in early 2014 she called her white kid that word which I think is an important distinction to make, not that that excuses what she said at all. That was definitely a terrible thing for her to say and I think one of the moments i'm most ashamed of as a Madonna fan.

there was a big controversy over this in 2014 and she apologized, but I think the general public forgot about it mostly. I'm kinda scared tho that with this happening people are bringing that up again, i really don't want to wake up tomorrow to a #MadonnaIsOverParty :eheeek: 

as for cultural appropriation she hasn't really done anything that every other white popstar hasn't done as well, and she's from a time where the idea of cultural appropriation wasn't on people's consciousness. and at least she hasn't criticized black culture after appropriating it like Miley Cyrus and Billie Eillish have.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Madonna has been out of touch for years but it’s not like she’s trying to make matters worse or being malicious. 
Twitter should focus on Kayleigh McEnima (McEnany), she’s the one who believes police brutality against black people in America has nothing to do with the country’s history of slavery and racism. 
The perpetually outraged really need to look at the bigger picture here. All Madonna did was throw in her two cents and try to bring more attention to the issue, tone deaf or not :tired:

  • Love 4
  • Like 1
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

well, in early 2014 she called her white kid that word which I think is an important distinction to make, not that that excuses what she said at all. That was definitely a terrible thing for her to say and I think one of the moments i'm most ashamed of as a Madonna fan.

there was a big controversy over this in 2014 and she apologized, but I think the general public forgot about it mostly. I'm kinda scared tho that with this happening people are bringing that up again, i really don't want to wake up tomorrow to a #MadonnaIsOverParty :eheeek: 

as for cultural appropriation she hasn't really done anything that every other white popstar hasn't done as well, and she's from a time where the idea of cultural appropriation wasn't on people's consciousness. and at least she hasn't criticized black culture after appropriating it like Miley Cyrus and Billie Eillish have.

I honestly don't feel like she's ever truly appropriated culture. Because cultural appropriation is when you take an element from a culture out of its original context and distort for oneself. Madonna has always made sure to be knowledgeable about the cultures she was exploring and to be respectful towards them even in the 80s and 90s.

  • Love 3
  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

I honestly don't feel like she's ever truly appropriated culture. Because cultural appropriation is when you take an element from a culture out of its original context and distort for oneself. Madonna has always made sure to be knowledgeable about the cultures she was exploring and to be respectful towards them even in the 80s and 90s.

that's true actually. you can tell whenever she uses a culture in her music or fashion that she's always well educated and genuinely interested in said culture.

i guess that makes me even more confused about why she would use the n word in early 2014, isn't she a really well educated person who would know better than that? was she just trying to be edgy? did people back then just not care? I mean i know a lot of celebrities have used to the n word on social media from that era but at least they had the excuse of being teenagers at the time, Madonna was in her 50s. I don't believe she's a racist at all so that's why i find it confusing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Curators
50 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

My thoughts excatly! But nobody finds anything wrong with Camila Cabello penning an open letter today about her anxiety because she’s famous...but they’re scolding Madonna after she literally said “f the police” yesterday. 

Camilla is disgusting period

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

that's true actually. you can tell whenever she uses a culture in her music or fashion that she's always well educated and genuinely interested in said culture.

i guess that makes me even more confused about why she would use the n word in early 2014, isn't she a really well educated person who would know better than that? was she just trying to be edgy? did people back then just not care? I mean i know a lot of celebrities have used to the n word on social media from that era but at least they had the excuse of being teenagers at the time, Madonna was in her 50s. I don't believe she's a racist at all so that's why i find it confusing.

Yeah, that one REALLY puzzles me. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Madonna was just trying to bring the light the injustices that are taking place in the world, the most recent one being the George Floyd murder, and she's criticized. 

Thoughts? Some people feel like the video is tone-deaf. I don't see it that way, but would love to know your thoughts.

madonna.jpg.84d4513d7ba978dc10a203482795aed3.jpg

@JordanMiller when you quote from twitter, on desktop it shows black text on blue background. you drive me crazy.

 

on the post:

i dont care so much. people are way too sensitive.

Link to comment
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

The perpetually outraged really need to look at the bigger picture here. All Madonna did was throw in her two cents and try to bring more attention to the issue, tone deaf or not 

I approve this message. :barbie:

  • Love 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block