Apparently Britney album has been removed in some regions.

6 hours ago, RND said:

Britney has disappeared from the canadian spotify for months already, it’s nothing new around here. 

Yeah I was just gonna say... The "Britney" album has been gone from Spotify in Canada for at least a year now. In the listed discography, it goes straight from "Oops" to "In The Zone". 

Some of the songs are still available -- mainly the singles -- if they were already on another playlist. But when you play those songs, the album cover that shows up is the cover for Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (even though it still says "Britney (Deluxe Edition)" for the album name). 

• Like 1

Some things about licenses it's the cause some albums dissapper.

Streaming services needs permissions from the record label to put the whole thing or some songs available, depending the record label and the permissions or restrictions they put. So, RCA probably forgot to renew the permissions and probably didn't figure it out yet.

• Like 3

Actually, come to think of it (after reading the comment by the user above), this has happened with many K-Pop albums before as well (disappearing in certain countries for a certain amount of time). It's just a licensing / distributing / whatever issue, and they probably haven't renewed whatever they have to renew. I don't know how any of that stuff works, but I don't think there's anything to worry about, as I've seen it happen before many a time. :)

9 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Some things about licenses it's the cause some albums dissapper.

Streaming services needs permissions from the record label to put the whole thing or some songs available, depending the record label and the permissions or restrictions they put. So, RCA probably forgot to renew the permissions and probably didn't figure it out yet.

99% sure this is the right answer. Let's not get outraged over nothing. :gagacrash:

• Love 2
11 hours ago, FeedTheStans said:

Compared to Baby and Oops, it's her least successful album. 

No hate, I like the album a lot. 

Do you actually know why it was less successful? it's mainly because around that time britney her team decided to use another touring agency for dwad and clearchannel who did previous tours got fed up about that and basically boycotted her from most american radio channels.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Slaaay***** said:

Next year is the 20th anniversary right? What if they’re getting prepared for the coins. Unlike oops this year they’ll get a lot more money if they own the masters. :fakecry: Also, even if Britney fires them when she gets free they’ll still be pulling in the cash. 

This wth 

This has been the case for months now. Since 2019. Here in Toronto, Canada on Spotify, they first made most of her songs unavailable from the Britney album (only leaving the singles available) and then they removed the album in it's entirety. Now only the singles are available on her Greatest Hits album. This isn't recent at all, since last summer most of the album was removed. I was so pissed because my favorite songs on that album aren't even the singles LOL (like in most cases) Shrug GIF by MacKenzie Bourg

• 4 months later...