Exhale AMA with "Mood Ring" co-writer and vocal producer Jon Asher

Hi Jon. I'd like to say how much I love Mood Ring. It's one of my favorites from Glory. So, my questions are :

•  
  • What was Britney like in the studio recording Mood Ring ?
  •  
  • What do you think about Britney's voice ?
  •  
  • A lot of producers like to over-produce Britney's vocals.. What's your opinion on that ?
  •  
  • Did you do any other songs with Britney ? If yes, can you talk about them ?
  •  

Thank you.

• Love 1
  • What inspired Mood Ring?
  • Were there parts that didn't make the final version?
  • What was the most complicated/easiest part about the production stage of the song?
  • Did you write any additional songs that didn't make the cut?

did anything surprise you about Britney?

any fun facts you can think of to give us in relation to your time working with Britney?

how do you feel knowing Mood Ring is a much loved fan track?

would you reach out to Britney regarding new music?

did you do any other songs with Britney that she recorded/wrote that didn't make the cut of the album?

what was britney like to work with?

Amazing work btw! :) I hope you work with Britney again in the future!

when were you informed of Mood Ring possibly being added to more streaming platforms? or were you not told?

what are your thoughts on Britney?

what was it like to work with her team?

is there a lot of rumours/mystery that you hear about britney in the music industry?

is it very hard to speak to Britney and do you have go through a lot of people to speak to her?

are her team overprotective of people talking to her? / do you think she is shielded?

• Like 1

Thanks for doing this! I have no questions, all the good ones got asked already. ;)

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

What are your 3 favorite Britney albums? You can not say one album three times. :barbie:

Someone is still pissed about Brian Friedman's AMA. :gimmemoar:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Mood ring is the BEST SONG OF THE ALBUM ❤️😍 I could even say is one of her best songs in her discography..... Please NEVER stop working with Britney you're a GENIUS. @jonasher 

Also love the concept and the lyric. It's not the typical song talking about ****** relations or parties. Is so mature and fresh. Please keep doing an amazing job with music.  Hope to see you more often in Britney's albums. 

P. S. To celebrate... Can you release a remix version with extra vocals or something? :clap:

Once you heard Moodring finalized what did you think? Did you know it was a smash? Were you asking her team wtf they were doing by not putting it on the album? Etc.

No offense to Make Me but that should have been the lead single.

Did that Rihanna song that came out (which sounded similar.... I forgot the name of it) block them from taking it all the way?

Hey Jon! Thanks for your incredible work on Glory, Mood Ring is one of my favorite tracks on the album and to me it deserved way more than just a special edition release.

1. As a vocal producer, what are Britney’s strengths as a vocalist? What goes into making Britney’s trademark sound from a production perspective and how does it differentiate from other artists you’ve worked with in the past? 

2. Were there any other songs of yours left off Glory that you wish would have made the cut? 

Thank you for your time! Keep on slaying. 🔥

toxic britney spears GIF

50 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

Once you heard Moodring finalized what did you think? Did you know it was a smash? Were you asking her team wtf they were doing by not putting it on the album? Etc.

No offense to Make Me but that should have been the lead single.

Did that Rihanna song that came out (which sounded similar.... I forgot the name of it) block them from taking it all the way?

I love mood ring but needed me cannot be compared

Hello, Im from Brazil. Long time Britney fan.

My questions are:

. how was like to work with/for britney? Did she or her team request anything specific? Or gave any feedback regarding song type or direction? 
. do you have any idea as to why mood ring became a bonus track? Its a fan favorite and i think i can speak for every1 that we thought it shouldve been first or at least a single!

. I love the lyrics!

. Did you work on any other song for her (that we dont know of)? If yes, hows it is like? 

. And, do u have a hard time writing for women? * Sometimes i ask myself how men can write such feminine songs (not being ******, just curious. Cause i was listening to Outrageous and we all know who wrote that, And its a ****, feminine song).

thanks a lot, and again, I really loved the lyrics this time!!! And beat of course..