People are saying Rain on me is only huge cos of Ariana grande

It's no secret. Ariana is a bigger pop star than Lady Gaga today.

Some blogs are suggesting that Rain on me is only huge cos of Ariana and not lady gaga. They mostly expect Chromatica to perform like Bionic..

They state at 34. She went back to the outlandish outfits and make up and theatrical antics. 

Bottom line is In many articles. Lady gaga's image is basically a revamped version of her original image. Many think it might not work given most modern day musicians just wear baggy sweats and a messy t shirt like a normal teenager.  Messed up hair and everything.

They also feel the image of gaga might work in 2010. But in 2020. It's definitely dated..

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Ariana definitely elevated the song and maybe put some little kids- tweens up on Lady GaGa, but I wouldn't say she is the sole reason it has gotten the response it has. The concept of the video is all Gaga, and the song is more pop driven than what Ariana normally does (although I think it sounds a lot like "Be Alright").  Beside Billie Eilish who are these teen girls that dress in messy hair and baggy clothes?:wtf: Most teen girls I see dress casual female attire to Ariana style to Kylie Jenner style. 

I think her image is GAGA. I feel she has a certain level of creativity with her fashion and visuals when she is Pop Star Gaga, as opposed to actress Gaga or Jazz singer Gaga. Will she gain new younger generation of fans with her image, probably not, but that is her brand. I think most artists find their niche and stay in their lane. They may stray a bit and experiment with different sounds and fashion, but ultimately it still stays much like their OG brand. I mean did Team Britney really think this was going to get her a new generation of fans?

Slumber Party GIF by Britney Spears - Find & Share on GIPHY

No, but that's her brand. I think Lady Gaga will sell decent, but it won't be ground breaking numbers, plus with the quarantine she can't promote like normal. It's sad that they feel at 34 she is passed her time. :sickofu:

Archived