Stream Ellie Goulding's new album "Brightest Blue"

Ngl, I'm not crazy about it. I mean, I expected a more stripped and slow album, but there wasn't much to grab onto on first listen. Plus, I didn't expect 4 freakin' intros (Apple Music doesn't show song lengths). We'll see, though. I wasn't crazy about "Chromatica" either at first, but it's my most played album of 2020 now. :kylie: Highlights:

• Power
  • Flux
  • New Heights

:straddle:

The first single Close to me was a good lead and IDK why she dragged the release after that. I hadn't heard Worry About Me until the album came out and i like it:lizzie:

The entire roll out of this album has been messy. All of her one off singles are part of the second part of the album called Ego :huh: Anyway, I like 10 out of the 18 songs and the rest is :ririshade2:

These are the tracks I liked...some of them are slightly filler...

Power

New Heights

Tides

Wine Drunk

Bleach

Brightest blue

Worry bout me

Close to me

Slow Grenade 

Hate me

• 2 weeks later...

Okay Im in the middle of listening the album for the first time (cause im always late to all the good things :pieceofwhat:)
And I FIND IT TOTALLY GENIOUS!.. for the first time since Halcyon I feel depness in the lyrics and innovative rhythms, im lovingg it.
Its a shame it seems not to be having a good global performance, I hope it gets some recognition :clap1:.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Barajas said:

Okay Im in the middle of listening the album for the first time (cause im always late to all the good things :pieceofwhat:)
And I FIND IT TOTALLY GENIOUS!.. for the first time since Halcyon I feel depness in the lyrics and innovative rhythms, im lovingg it.
Its a shame it seems not to be having a good global performance, I hope it gets some recognition :clap1:.

Took me a few listens, but now I'm in love with this album. :bigkiss: I wish she had turned some of the intros into actual songs, though. The only song I'm still not sold on is "Woman". :typing:

• Love 1

I find it boring. Doesn't feel cohesive or authentic and it sounds like Ellie's lost her signature sound. The singles are all so different and were each an attempt to a hit which only Flux and Vlose to Me are considered.

Hate Me and Worry About Me are her worst songs ever imo. I saw her mive with Delirium and LOVED that show and album, it was full of BOPS and was cohesive. 

Sorry Ellie but a big no from me.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block