Stream Ellie Goulding's new album "Brightest Blue"

Ellie Goulding's new album Brightest Blue is out!

The cover caught me off guard at first, but I actually kinda like it. After taking a second look at the cover, she really looks like Lana, doesn't she?! :ohwut: 

The album seems to be separated into two parts:

• Brightest Blue (13 songs; includes "Power" and "Flux", which were released previously)
  • EG.0 (5 songs; includes "Worry About Me", "Close to Me" and "Hate Me", which were released previously)

"EG.0" seems to contain three of her droplet singles + two new songs. I'm assuming it's her way of separating the songs she was heavily involved in from the rest. Pretty cute solution, if you ask me, without completely disowning the radio songs. :typing: Should've included the Red Velvet version of "Close to Me", though. That's the tea. :trash: 13 new songs is solid enough, but I hope there's a repackage down the line. :)

Ellie's fourth album, out on July 17, is split into two halves, which she previously explained is separated by "classically influenced" tracks and her "alter-ego" pop songs.

I'm so here for this. :clicktina: These seem to be the physical covers:

ellie-goulding-brightest-blue-album.jpg?

Track list:

Spoiler

Brightest Blue

1. Start (feat. serpentwithfeet) [wikipedia, "an experimental American musician"]
  2. Power
  3. How Deep Is Too Deep
  4. Cyan
  5. Love I'm Given
  6. New Heights
  7. Ode to Myself
  8. Woman
  9. Tides
  10. Wine Drunk
  11. Bleach
  12. Flux
  13. Brightest Blue

EG.0

1. Overture
  2. Worry About Me (feat. blackbear)
  3. Slow Grenade (feat. Lauv)
  4. Close to Me (feat. Diplo & Swae Lee)
  5. Hate Me (feat. Juice WRLD)

rsz_20200527_175233.jpg

• Love 2

She's been flopping harder than Katy is. I loved Ellie's music till Close To Me. Delirium is my favorite album by her and was FULL OF BOPS. Not a single song felt like a filler track but lately her songs have been sooooo not like her. Both lyrical and genre wise, her droplets sound like a miserable attempt to get a good charting song.

I need Halycon Days 2.0 or Delirium 2.0

• Like 3

When she started I think she looked like the talented and innocent girl next door :), now she has big lips and this super **** image:ohwut:. It is like seeing a different artist.

I am very curious to hear the new album, hope she is back to experimental dance stuff, she is very good on that.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

She's been flopping harder than Katy is. I loved Ellie's music till Close To Me. Delirium is my favorite album by her and was FULL OF BOPS. Not a single song felt like a filler track but lately her songs have been sooooo not like her. Both lyrical and genre wise, her droplets sound like a miserable attempt to get a good charting song.

I need Halycon Days 2.0 or Delirium 2.0

29 minutes ago, Barajas said:

When she started I think she looked like the talented and innocent girl next door :), now she has big lips and this super **** image:ohwut:. It is like seeing a different artist.

I am very curious to hear the new album, hope she is back to experimental dance stuff, she is very good on that.

The first part of the album is going to be "classical music inspired" apparently. :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

It's quite good imo. It includes all the singles she released since Close to me, except Sixteen for some reason.

My favourite tracks are Flux, How deep is too deep, Tides, Close to me and Worry about me. I feel like more tracks will grow on me, the more I listen to it, though.

I didn't see a thread about this, so I hope it's not ap.

• Love 2
  • Leader
54 minutes ago, IUSAtonight said:

It's quite good imo. It includes all the singles she released since Close to me, except Sixteen for some reason.

My favourite tracks are Flux, How deep is too deep, Tides, Close to me and Worry about me. I feel like more tracks will grow on me, the more I listen to it, though.

I didn't see a thread about this, so I hope it's not ap.

Merged into the original 🙏  Thank you for posting!! Appreciate it. @IUSAtonight

I'm looking forward to listening to this this weekend! 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block