Rihanna's Demo Of "Same Old Love" Has Leaked In Full

Who Did It Better?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Selena Gomez's Charli XCX penned track "Same Old Love" was originally meant for Rihanna, we been knew. There's been a snippet of her demo online for years, if I'm not mistaken, but it has finally leaked in full. :typing: And I gotta say... It's really good, and I actually like it more than Selena's version. I know, I know... Why compare women? Bla, bla, bla... But I think it's a valid point of comparison. :clicktina: Rihanna brings much more attitude, and there's a noticeable lack of Charli XCX's vocals, which I like. I'm not really fond of overpowering background vocals. I would know as a Britney fan. :chrissy: Anyway, here's the full demo (not sure if I'm allowed to post it, so just remove it if it's against the rules):

A certified bop. :clicktina: rsz_screenshot_20200526-201249_chrome.thumb.jpg.6d404677d7a6d0f65bca0a42b6659d34.jpg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE 💛🧡💜
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, ExXL said:

Been waiting for this to leak for yearsss , this is the only version I'm gonna be jamming to :gloriascary:..... Thas it ..... (Awkward moment when the demo sounds 9863441x better than the "finished" version) :makeup:

Same. I've never been into the original version, but this is gorgerous :duadance:

• Love 2

I love this!:bparty: when I first heard the 5 second snippet of her demo, I was stunned and wished we would get the full version, now here we are!:ohcrap: I love the fierce and up-yr face attitude riti portrayed here. I loved Selena’s, but Selena’s attitude was very depressed and couldn’t move on. Whereas Rihanna was like “I don’t give a crap, your not worthy of my love”.:letitburn: Stan and find this version better :makeitrain: love Selena’s version tho ngl. Remembering singing same old love so much back in 4th grade with my friends when i was 10.:fakecry:

• Love 2

I enjoy Rihannas vocla smore on the track, I like her attitude, BUT it doesnt feel like a Rihanna track, I cant see this fitting anywhere in her discography, and if I did, it would be somewhere in her first 2 albums. She sounds great, and I probably prefer Rihanna on the track, but I wouldnt see it on any of her albums, and if I was her manager I would have advised her the same, I doestn sit well with the Rihanna we know and love today. Adn I am not a Selena fan at all.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Niko_TheFreak said:

I enjoy Rihannas vocla smore on the track, I like her attitude, BUT it doesnt feel like a Rihanna track, I cant see this fitting anywhere in her discography, and if I did, it would be somewhere in her first 2 albums. She sounds great, and I probably prefer Rihanna on the track, but I wouldnt see it on any of her albums, and if I was her manager I would have advised her the same, I doestn sit well with the Rihanna we know and love today. Adn I am not a Selena fan at all.

As far as I know, it was intended for "ANTI" before they changed direction, so I can totally see why they scrapped it. But I think it could've been cute on "Talk That Talk":)

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block