What songs do you love that would be problematic if released today?

I used to get angry at Ur So Gay but now I honestly think its SUCHHHH a hilariously written song omg "i hope you hang yourself with your H&M scarf" she CLOCKEDDDT :shadelaugh:

I think another problematic song would be 'Stupid Girls' by P!nk... its such a bop tho 😫 and the music video is so good, although its even more problematic than the song :ipass:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Literally the entire Love Symbol album by Prince. A lot of the songs are about him being with Mayte Garcia, his future wife, who was at the time underage. :gagasmile: It's one of my favorite albums of all time, but it would definitely be problematic if released today.

I Wanna Melt With U:

"Don't look now, but there's a river of blood
You must have been a virgin
What am I guilty of?"

Love 2 The 9's:

"Name?
Arabia
Age?
Jailbait
Occupation, if any?
*** symbol to many"

Segue II:

"Do you know that the princess is 16 years old?
How 'bout this for a story: "320 year old robs the cradle"
What a scandal"

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Deyonce said:

Outraegous- Britney Spears

What's so outrageous (:katyfrog:)  about this song now? I mean, the lyrics would probably suit Cardi B or Iggy Azalea more but still. It's kinda freeing in a way with Britney basically being like yeah, I can do whatever I want and dress how I want and you can't shame me for that.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Indemik said:

What's so outrageous (:katyfrog:)  about this song now? I mean, the lyrics would probably suit Cardi B or Iggy Azalea more but still. It's kinda freeing in a way with Britney basically being like yeah, I can do whatever I want and dress how I want and you can't shame me for that.

R. Kelly wrote it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block