Zara Larsson drags Lana Del Rey: "haven't 'delicate' and 'soft' women always been celebrated?"

• Leader

Zara is not here for Lana Del Rey's viral rants. 

She posted a statement about it. Nnnn not her inserting herself into the drama but she makes valid points.

“Serious question for the culture (lol): haven’t ‘delicate’ and ‘soft’ women always been celebrated? It’s literally the ‘ideal’ woman. For decades women have been seen as delicate and soft as well as passive and submissive. And if A woman didn’t fit into that standard she was frowned upon,” she said.

“I do agree that sometimes women today, because we had to fight for the right to change the narrative and to authoritarian, lead, and to own our sexuality, have to put on a ‘strong girl’ facade to be seen as a ~true~ Feminist, when the truth is, women (and every other gender) is sometimes strong and sometimes soft. And you should be able to express yourself in whatever light you may wanna be in, ’cause that’s the reality. People are multidimensional. But…fight for the right to be soft? Is it necessary?” she said.

“When I released ‘Ruin My Life’ I was scared I was gonna get comments about how I glamorized abusive relationships (and I did get them). I understand where they’re coming from, but as an artist I wanted to express my feelings that I had in a previous toxic relationship and I should be allowed to do that, even tho I’m a feminist!!!! Feeling like you want to ruin your life is f–ked up, but at one point I wanted that more than being without him. BUT my artistic freedom shouldn’t be the center of a feministic debate, because I think they’re way more important topics, like actual domestic abuse. Ya feel?”

If you're unsure what Lana said, I'll include the related-Topics at the bottom of this post. 

Thoughts? Do you agree with Zara?

Cky93Bz.jpg

Related:

zara.jpg.d6af2d3cf8e05c5d91fef4d565143501.jpg

Lana is not saying soft, feminine, submissive women aren’t accepted. She’s saying they are often not accepted by feminists, like the ones who were saying that Lana turned back women’s rights to the 1920s or who say that women like Lana are just internalizing misogyny. Her point was that those feminists need to find room for women like Lana if they want their movement to win.

• Love 9

Eww, I can not. But she's WHO? :ohwut:

An irrelevant D List platinum selling artist dares to drag Lana Del Rey? :tiffdrink:

Zara, try again when you have a Billboard Hot 100 top 10 and five Billboard 200 top 3 albums including two #1s. :mattafact:

It's always the irrelevants who are so brave and vocal. :imacat:

• Love 6
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

An irrelevant D List platinum selling artist dares to drag Lana Del Rey? :tiffdrink:

Zara, try again when you have a Billboard Hot 100 top 10 and five Billboard 200 top 3 albums including two #1s. :mattafact:

Wait wait wait. I may have given you @Mattyj7883, but I will not stand for slander of Zara Larsson. She has bops!!! While they don’t chart anymore, they’re still bops. So, no ma’am miss Pam.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, OnlyFacts said:

Wait wait wait. I may have given you @Mattyj7883, but I will not stand for slander of Zara Larsson. She has bops!!! While they don’t chart anymore, they’re still bops. So, no ma’am miss Pam.

Ok first of all, you did not give me @Mattyj7883. Girl, please. :ohwut: and second of all, I don't care if she has bops. Bops is subjective. She's still an irrelevant who hasn't accomplished that much in the industry except for that one feature with Clean Bandit. That is only facts:tiffdrink:

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Not to be that person but Zara is actually really successful in Europe (She's Swedish). And you know she was correct in her statements. Calling her irrelevant doesn't make her points less valid. 

2 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

Not to be that person but Zara is actually really successful in Europe (She's Swedish). And you know she was correct in her statements. Calling her irrelevant doesn't make her points less valid. 

I said irrelevant platinum selling artist. I am aware that she is kinda a thing. But to call her "really successful" is a reach. She is a moderate success at best. :imacat:

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Ok first of all, you did not give me @Mattyj7883. Girl, please. :ohwut: and second of all, I don't care if she has bops. Bops is subjective. She's still an irrelevant who hasn't accomplished that much in the industry except for that one feature with Clean Bandit. That is only facts:tiffdrink:

No, she had a top 10 hit of her own a few years ago titled “never forget you” ....which is exactly what @Mattyj7883will be saying about me when he’s with you ☺️ Lol. All love from me Roxxy ❤️

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

No, she had a top 10 hit of her own a few years ago titled “never forget you” ....which is exactly what @Mattyj7883will be saying about me when he’s with you ☺️ Lol. All love from me Roxxy ❤️

You tried it. :ohwut:

And did you just say top 10 hit? Hit? As in... singular? :blol:

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I said irrelevant platinum selling artist. I am aware that she is kinda a thing. But to call her "really successful" is a reach. She is a moderate success at best. :imacat:

Lol. Idek. I don't stan that young woman. But I do agree with the points she is making about misogyny and feminism.

7 minutes ago, Deyonce said:

Lol. Idek. I don't stan that young woman. But I do agree with the points she is making about misogyny and feminism.

You say you don't even know and yet you make claims that she's "really successful". :imacat:

I would've accepted if you only pointed out that she had A point. And she does. But only to a certain extent. Because I identify with what Lana is fighting for. I relate to it and I get her. Which means that's two of us. We exist. 💛🧡💜

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block