Slumber Party was a bad single choice..

15 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Thank you! All of Glory was “in” at the time. Slumber Party sounded similar to Hotline Bling. The promotion for the singles weren’t good. Make Me *had* the hype but her team butchered the promo. The technical difficulties which led to the delay was also not the best. She should’ve premiered the song on the BBMAs like originally planned. The original video, love it or hate it, would’ve stirred up some controversy which would’ve led to *some noise* about it. The VMA performance, despite not being the best, *did* inflate the single somewhat. But some more performances like maybe even SNL or talk shows would’ve done the song some better justice.

Make Me had some promotion but Slumber Party had virtually none. The video was gorgeous but Brit not performing it at the AMAs like the rumors were also really killed the song.

i do think the dance tracks would’ve done somewhat better, but I did like the mature mid tempos. I think they showcased growth in her artistry.

Yessss this. And people are forgetting that everyone on this site was dying to have it as a single. 

but in general Britney fans suck at choosing singles. Remember everyone voted for Criminal and then hated it when it didn’t chart well. And now people love it again because it’s popular on social media. We don’t know anything really. Taste is subjective. And Britney fans are basically bipolar lol. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, A.a.A said:

Yessss this. And people are forgetting that everyone on this site was dying to have it as a single. 

but in general Britney fans suck at choosing singles. Remember everyone voted for Criminal and then hated it when it didn’t chart well. And now people love it again because it’s popular on social media. We don’t know anything really. Taste is subjective. And Britney fans are basically bipolar lol. 

This! :clap:

I hate how they like and even stan some music at first but when the song or the music video flops or didn't chart well, they start to hate it. We should judge the song itself normaly, without counting the charts or its popularity.

Many change their opinion like weather. :ehum:

• Love 3

I love Slumber Party and I really liked the whole vibe of the video BUT I wouldn’t have chosen it for the 2nd single and I would have gotten rid of Tinashe. She should have released it solo. Her team kept pushing for collabs. 

Glory singles should have gone;

1. Man On the Moon

2. If I’m Dancing

3. Change Your Mind

4. Slumber Party 

5. Liar 

1 hour ago, A.a.A said:

Not everyone, I never wanted Slumber Party as the second single, I wanted DWYCO while most people here were screaming Slumber Party.

I voted for Criminal and I still stick by it. Clearly Britney wanted it (based on her MTV interview showing how happy she was), but I wanted it too even if it didn't chart well.

• Like 1

Is it just me thinking none of the tracks from Glory is destined to become a hit as a single :shocked: they're all meh as singles

Maybe Change Your Mind I guess... So I don't think any of them would change the outcome compared to SB

• Like 1
On 5/25/2020 at 9:49 AM, Email My D said:

I remember the very 1st time listening to glory before I got to track number 8 I was so nervous to hear slumber party because the title sounded so juvenile and I thought she's going to be singing about a slumber party with her closest girlfriends lol. But after hearing it I was in love. It was a standout track and I remember lots of fans named it as a standout track from the very first listen. 

Its 1 of my favorite Britney singles and videos and I don't care how it did on the charts, it delivered in everyway and I still jam out to it almost 4years later. Overprotected had a similar chart fate and it still turned out to be iconic for the fans. Personally I think it was a great 2nd single choice regardless of chart position and ya'll can fight me on it:byesmoke:

I know a lot of non Britney fans who never heard the song or knew it was a single and they liked it. Something happened to bury it but the whole album rollout was messy.

I think the song was really great but i believe at that time no matter what song she would release i don't think there was any momentum to capitalize on.

It has been very clear to me that her ability to have an effortless hit was over after pretty girls was released. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, hxpnxl said:

Is it just me thinking none of the tracks from Glory is destined to become a hit as a single :shocked: they're all meh as singles

Maybe Change Your Mind I guess... So I don't think any of them would change the outcome compared to SB

I agree. Many good songs but none of them had that "hit" factor. Maybe DYWCO and that's about it.

On 5/25/2020 at 3:46 PM, joko***** said:

Oh shut up. Any single she would’ve put out would be “the wrong choice” to all because it wouldn’t chart well to your liking. Give it a rest. Slumber party was and will remain a gem. Pop music was dead in 2016 (it’s slowly coming back now) so putting out a super pop driven track would be silly

22 hours ago, A.a.A said:

The hate for the song is immature and non sense since it’s an amazing song without any type of promo

Slumber Party was the perfect single choice, the best song from Glory and rightfully one of her greatest songs, overall. It literally would have been a mistake and career suicide had a song like that not been released as the second single. It was catchy, fun, moody, had polished production, widespread appeal, showcased her personality, was experimental yet followed the trend of what was hot on Top 40 while still being very much a Britney song that had widespread appeal. I mean like are y’all forgetting how SP literally outviewed Shakira’s Chantaje in the first two weeks? It had great potential but unfortunately, the hype died down due to zero promotion and the messy rollout. My only complaint was that they should have featured Rihanna instead of Tinashe, kinda like an S&M part 2. Would have shot straight to the Top 10 and garnered more longevity. A dream. Literally a dream. 

Anyway - the ones who disagree are just tasteless rats who remain in denial but continue persuading the rest of this forum why DYWCO (ft. Pigrez H*lton) would have been a better single choice when it literally sounds like a tacky Gr*ndr hookup song with no widespread appeal but let’s leave it to Britney stans and their deluded perception of reality to determine what’s best for her career. 

• Haha 1