Is Britney Over?

Scrappy

No. HOWEVER, we have to accept the fact that she is 22 years into her career. That’s a long time and the likely hood that she will get another Womanzier or Hold It Against Me (it terms of #1 singles ) is slim to none. BUT, she has the name on her side and if the single is well enough.... I could see her getting another top 10 (IF the promo is well and the song is good )

the thing is though ... Britney is going to be 40 soon. They are going to start lumping her in with Madonna, Janet, Cher etc very soon. So if there is any chance of her getting commercial success again. She better do it soon.

That being said. Mariah had hit singles in her 40s, Cher didn’t get believe until she was in HER 50s, Madonna had hung up and 4 minutes etc. Britney is still able to score hits HOWEVER.... she really needs good material if she wants it (which I don’t think she does)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Britney the artist has been over a long, long time. Just compare her interviews, attitude and passion back around ITZ to anything from the past few years. She doesn’t care anymore. I don’t really care either, I just think she deserves to be free and maybe later she will find passion again. 

For the record I do think she has/had more to her than what we got to see. Yes she’s already done a LOT but it still feels like we missed out on a lot more. She could’ve written more, used her voice more... 

I hope she never releases anything under the cship. 

She's like every other pop star 20+ years into her career - she's still going to make music and tour, but she won't have the sales or chart positions that she used to have. Plus, Britney doesn't really promote so that's another reason. But Britney has definitely solidified her position as a legend, so I don't think you're ever really "over" after that. But I don't think she's super relative anymore. The newer girls are more popular right now - Ariana, Taylor. 

I wish Britney would pull a Beyonce and find ways to stay relevant but she doesn't seem to be interested. I don't think she's done recording music though - wasn't there talk months ago of Justin Trainor being the EP for her next album? The pandemic has put everything on a hold obviously but she's almost always making new music after another project wraps up. 

3 hours ago, BritneySpurs said:

She's like every other pop star 20+ years into her career - she's still going to make music and tour, but she won't have the sales or chart positions that she used to have. Plus, Britney doesn't really promote so that's another reason. But Britney has definitely solidified her position as a legend, so I don't think you're ever really "over" after that. But I don't think she's super relative anymore. The newer girls are more popular right now - Ariana, Taylor. 

I wish Britney would pull a Beyonce and find ways to stay relevant but she doesn't seem to be interested. I don't think she's done recording music though - wasn't there talk months ago of Justin Trainor being the EP for her next album? The pandemic has put everything on a hold obviously but she's almost always making new music after another project wraps up. 

If she really was interested in releasing music, I wish she was more like Kylie Minogue in the sense that she keeps releasing stuff, relatively often, without caring how successful an album or era is, she just keeps going and experimenting, and delivering. I think that's cool. 

18 hours ago, Slave_4_u said:

I agree about the mouth surgery, that was the worst and obviously a very permanent decision.

It's just that Britney (maybe naively), Larry Rudolph, the rest of her "team"/label were the ones (not fans or even media) that exploited that image (her smile) to the fullest.

(While I would never comment on her Instagram) How the hell can you blame the public for critiquing it??

Although she would look great with talented stylists, which she obviously doesn't use a lot.

7 hours ago, EasyThere said:

Lmao for years now.

Obviously her Femme Fatale era and this...

Just Confirmed that Britney was never ever going to be the performer she was from 1999-2004.

Obviously I think she could have returned to that level had she taken a long break after Circus.   I also believe she wouldn't have gotten the plastic surgery she got if she healed herself out of the public eye.

But she didn't for whatever (monetary) reasons.  That's why I said since she DID stay in the public eye, Vegas was the best decision and should have made her wealthy for the rest of her life.  (Although I think she could still tour certain places)

57 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

If she really was interested in releasing music, I wish she was more like Kylie Minogue in the sense that she keeps releasing stuff, relatively often, without caring how successful an album or era is, she just keeps going and experimenting, and delivering. I think that's cool. 

Well that was pretty much Britney Jean and Glory - she did something different for each of those albums. Obviously it paid off with Glory bc it's a great album.

But I would love to see her have another successful era like Femme Fatale. If they had a great album and marketed it right, they could have another great era. 4 full singles with good videos and mostly (if not all) dance songs, promo, a tour. Great visuals. It doesn't have to be super innovative, just really good quality. Would be great if she worked with actually cool people too... G-Easy and Tinashe didn't do anything for her career. Would make her relative again to work with better artists.

3 minutes ago, BritneySpurs said:

Well that was pretty much Britney Jean and Glory - she did something different for each of those albums. Obviously it paid off with Glory bc it's a great album.

But I would love to see her have another successful era like Femme Fatale. If they had a great album and marketed it right, they could have another great era. 4 full singles with good videos and mostly (if not all) dance songs, promo, a tour. Great visuals. It doesn't have to be super innovative, just really good quality. Would be great if she worked with actually cool people too... G-Easy and Tinashe didn't do anything for her career. Would make her relative again to work with better artists.

Well, I don't follow Kylie's career that much, so I don't know how many singles she releases per album or how far apart she releases them, but as part of the GP myself (talking about Kylie) it feels like she releases something new very often. BJ and Glory were like 60 years apart and it's been 1000 years since Glory's last single. And both albums had only two singles. 

As you say, I want eras with AT LEAST 4 singles (with proper videoclip) but I want them to not care about how successful they are. The videos don't have to be super high budget. :yaknow:

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, I don't follow Kylie's career that much, so I don't know how many singles she releases per album or how far apart she releases them, but as part of the GP myself (talking about Kylie) it feels like she releases something new very often. BJ and Glory were like 60 years apart and it's been 1000 years since Glory's last single. And both albums had only two singles. 

As you say, I want eras with AT LEAST 4 singles (with proper videoclip) but I want them to not care about how successful they are. The videos don't have to be super high budget. :yaknow:

BJ and Glory weren't even 2 years and 8 months apart lol. Britney puts out albums decently often minus ITZ to Blackout and Glory to B10. But the reason that BJ and Glory only got 2 singles each was bc all the singles plus the albums all flopped. So they would need to care about how successful the music is to get a 3rd and 4th single. 

Her label is not going to spend money on a video and releasing additional singles if the previous ones flopped plus the album itself. They would have no return on investment. No label is releasing anything not caring about how successful something is. Making and releasing music is expensive and every company on earth is trying to make money. So that fantasy just won't happen.

9 minutes ago, BritneySpurs said:

Making and releasing music is expensive and every company on earth is trying to make money. So that fantasy just won't happen.

I know, that's why it's a fantasy 

article-2224622-15BCD265000005DC-865_638x341.jpg

I mean, the whole thought of Britney releasing a new album is a fantasy at this point :jl:

but it's not that crazy the thing about the videos. I mean, they spent I don't know how much on the original MM, only to get it scrapped, and on top of that they had to spend again on the second video. Instead of spending 1M or more in one video they're not even sure they're gonna release, they should distribute that in 4 "low-budget", but well done videos. 

Britney the performer has been over for years. And she's not coming back, as awful as it is to say it. I don't know exactly what her mental health issues are (early 20's is often when schizophrenia first occurs), but she has them and they affect her personality both on and off the stage. She hasn't been the same performer since Blackout, meaning the fire that was in her eyes and her dance moves is gone. Some of her performances over the years have been decent, but it's usually with a ton of flash like dancers and pyrotechnics around her. In addition to losing her fire, she also lost her killer body (she had kids, it happens) and her looks in general. Not calling her ugly, but she was breathtaking pre-breakdown. And as someone else said before, that was a big part of her appeal. Add in clumsy dancing, terrible choreography, and all those weird Instagram posts that make her look crazy, and I'd say a comeback is a fantasy at this point. The spark that made Britney Britney is gone.

I'm not happy about any of this. I was 13 when BMOT dropped, I watched Britney in awe through my teens. To see what she's become is heartbreaking.

On 5/25/2020 at 7:12 PM, WorkBishStan94 said:

No. HOWEVER, we have to accept the fact that she is 22 years into her career. That’s a long time and the likely hood that she will get another Womanzier or Hold It Against Me (it terms of #1 singles ) is slim to none. BUT, she has the name on her side and if the single is well enough.... I could see her getting another top 10 (IF the promo is well and the song is good )

the thing is though ... Britney is going to be 40 soon. They are going to start lumping her in with Madonna, Janet, Cher etc very soon. So if there is any chance of her getting commercial success again. She better do it soon.

That being said. Mariah had hit singles in her 40s, Cher didn’t get believe until she was in HER 50s, Madonna had hung up and 4 minutes etc. Britney is still able to score hits HOWEVER.... she really needs good material if she wants it (which I don’t think she does)

I think Britney will continue slaying with her good looks. and if in the video she looks beautiful people gonna buy that ****

Archived