Almost every single Madonna has released since the Confessions era- which is when radio deemed her "too old" to play on US radio... Ok. Maybe not the Madame X stuff.. but almost every other single: Give It To Me, GhostTown, Get Together, Sorry, Living For Love, ***** I'm Madonna, Turn Up The Radio......  **** human nature GIF

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, scottmoorela said:

Almost every single Madonna has released since the Confessions era- which is when radio deemed her "too old" to play on US radio... Ok. Maybe not the Madame X stuff.. but almost every other single: Give It To Me, GhostTown, Get Together, Sorry, Living For Love, ***** I'm Madonna, Turn Up The Radio......  **** human nature GIF

Before 2013 though she could’ve still had chart success off sales alone. I know Rádio wasn’t playing Britney that frequently and she was still getting hits. I do think it’s quite comical that in the age of streaming they still give radio that much power like who listens to the radio anymore? I know it’s been YEARS for me and probably like when I was in middle school :haha:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

What even is that flop chart though like how can you be a top 40 hit and still chart like that like make it make sense Billboard

Top 40 Radio as in the pop radio stations that Nielsen measures and is presented under Billboard's Pop Songs Chart. :barbie:

An example would be Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM station. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

• Haha 1
Just now, Roxxy said:

Top 40 Radio as in the pop radio stations that Nielsen measures and is presented under Billboard's Pop Songs Chart. :barbie:

An example would be Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM station. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

I know but I mean those charts don’t make sense as a whole because that should measure popular songs, but when they formulate everything else then it wasn’t really a “hit” per se but more so a radio hit. I hate that they gave radio that much weight on charts back then and even now :enigma:

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I know but I mean those charts don’t make sense as a whole because that should measure popular songs, but when they formulate everything else then it wasn’t really a “hit” per se but more so a radio hit. I hate that they gave radio that much weight on charts back then and even now

It's really unfair. :sobbing: Commercial pop songs are at a disadvantage. Pop girls like Britney and Ashlee will never find a home with another format other than Top 40 Radio (Pop stations). While pop songs containing elements outside of commercial pop are able to crossover to other formats like Adult Top 40, Adult Pop, Adult Contemporary, and Rhythmic stations. :imacat:

Their appeal also doesn't help them to be appreciated by adult listeners and that's why adult radio stations are hesistant to add their songs. :embarrassney:

That's why they don't impact the Hot 100 because they only get their points from Mainstream Top 40 Radio and unless they hit it REALLY BIG on Top 40, only then can they really make a splash on the Hot 100. Example, Oops peaking at a measly #9 is largely thanks to it hitting #1 across Top 40 Radio stations. :mattafact:

The only other way to help pop songs is pure sales (which is the hardest to get because it means SPENDING, whereas radio is FREE) and Dance Club Airplay. :ehum:

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

It's really unfair. :sobbing: Commercial pop songs are at a disadvantage. Pop girls like Britney and Ashlee will never find a home with another format other than Top 40 Radio (Pop stations). While pop songs containing elements outside of commercial pop are able to crossover to other formats like Adult Top 40, Adult Pop, Adult Contemporary, and Rhythmic stations. :imacat:

Their appeal also doesn't help them to be appreciated by adult listeners and that's why adult radio stations are hesistant to add their songs. :embarrassney:

That's why they don't impact the Hot 100 because they only get their points from Mainstream Top 40 Radio and unless they hit it REALLY BIG on Top 40, only then can they really make a splash on the Hot 100. Example, Oops peaking at a measly #9 is largely thanks to it hitting #1 across Top 40 Radio stations. :mattafact:

The only other way to help pop songs is pure sales (which is the hardest to get because it means SPENDING, whereas radio is FREE) and Dance Club Airplay. :ehum:

And tbh I’m all about supporting music that I really like. Like you can drop 1.29 on a bag of chips, but you can’t spend it to buy a song from iTunes to support your faves? Like what kind of tomfoolery is that :lessons:

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Britney Spears  “Just yesterday/ little me”  deserves to be seen & heard the potential for that song is crazy! It’s a crime that some of her best work is sitting on a shelf collecting dust 

Definitely think a lot of non singles/unreleased tracks need justice, but for my lists I just included singles that didn’t chart as well as they should’ve. Britney has such a golden discography that she really should’ve taken more advantage of releasing more of them back then. I love that she went all out with Britney but wish that she would’ve released more singles from her other albums as well :makeitrain:

• Love 2

Alexz Johnson's various songs. I can think of, at least, 6 that are far better songs than some big hits.  She reminds me of what Taylor could have been before her last two records (I think she has improved) if her songs were not all about being some dude's emotional victim.

Oh and I agree, Bed rocks. It's not a symphony, hit it's a banger

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Bigno said:

Alexz Johnson's various songs. I can think of, at least, 6 that are far better songs than some big hits.  She reminds me of what Taylor could have been before her last two records (I think she has improved) if her songs were not all about being some dude's emotional victim.

Oh and I agree, Bed rocks. It's not a symphony, hit it's a banger

I’ve never heard of that artist but I checked her out on Spotify and her streams are abysmal :gloriascary: who is she? 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

And tbh I’m all about supporting music that I really like. Like you can drop 1.29 on a bag of chips, but you can’t spend it to buy a song from iTunes to support your faves? Like what kind of tomfoolery is that

I always preach this on Instagram. "Buy records. You're not a real fan if you don't own records." :barbie:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block