7 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I hate that Radar is under appreciated because it was included in Circus and because of the music video, but that song deserved so much more and you're right about the album. She would've had seven consecutive #1's and 7 overall number one's :kidcries: Looking back though it was a blessing that she still gave us that album and more after what she went through. I honestly didn't see any new music in her future at the time no matter how much I wanted it. I remember how angry I would get when everyone at school would make fun of her and even films and the media were constantly making their jokes as well. If she decides not to make music anymore then although it would suck and be unfortunate, she's in a much better place right now sans conservatorship that I would feel more at peace then I did back early 2007 :kidcries:

I love Radar. I feel the same way about it. It’s such a good song but it gets so much hate from this fan base (myself included). It was PERFECT on  Blackout but then her team chose to shove it down out throats an entire era later as a BONUS track. How insulting. I feel like the best way to go about the song is to associate it with Blackout and not Circus. I wish others would too because it’s such a fun song :crying2:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

1) Britney SpearsSlumber Party  Peak: #86 USA  Highest Peak: #1 US Dance Club Songs Fun FactThe song is Britney's 36th Billboard Hot 100 entry

2) Christina Aguilera - Your Body Peak: #34 USA Highest Peak: #1 US Dance Club Songs Fun Fact: Music video directed by longtime Beyonce collaborator Melina Matsoukas

3. Taylor Swift - New Romantics Peak: #46 USA Highest Peak: #9 US Adult Top 40 Fun Fact: Rolling Stone named it #58 Best Song of the Decade in 2019

4. Lady Gaga - The Cure Peak: #39 USA Highest Peak: #2 Finland Download Fun Fact: Lady Gaga debuted the song at 2017's Coachella Music Festival

5. Nicki Minaj & Ariana Grande - Bed Peak: #42 USA Highest Peak: #6 Belgium Fun Fact: The 5th Nicki and Ariana collaboration out of 6

7. Madonna - Girl Gone Wild Peak: #106 USA Highest Peak: #1 Global Dance Songs/US Dance Club Songs Fun Fact: Madonna was threatened litigation by Girls Gone Wild creator

8. Hilary Duff - Sparks Peak: #93 USA Highest Peak: #1 Hong Kong Fun Fact: Song is Hilary's 4th top 10 on the US Dance Club Charts after 3 consecutive #1s from 07-08

9. Katy Perry - Bon Appétit Peak: #59 USA Highest Peak: #2 New Zealand Heatseekers Fun Fact: The music video accrued 16 million views in 24 hours most since Adele's Hello

i agree with all of those they're all bops that were slept on (except bey and crj cuz idk them)

but add make me

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BritneyMinaj said:

i agree with all of those they're all bops that were slept on (except bey and crj cuz idk them)

but add make me

I included one song from each artist and mentioned that all of them have more than a single song that deserved more. I didn’t include Britney’s earlier singles because although some didn’t chart well in the US they were still massive success worldwide. Besides stans I’m pretty sure the GP thinks they were all top 10 hits with how widespread they were. I’m not a fan of Beyoncé’s anymore, but asides from a couple singles off her self-titled, I can still enjoy some of her earlier work. 
I also didn’t listen to Carly Rae since 2012 until last month when @Roxxy introduced me to E•MO•TION and I was very much “I don’t know ha” attitude before that, but I’d give her a chance unless you have heard them and they just don’t vibe with you. Then I say carry on :haha:

but yes- Make Me deserved a lot more and so did the rest of the album :clicktina:

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, IgorMarleyBasic said:

I'm A Slave 4 U

Overprotected

Boys

Me Against The Music

Break The Ice

Slumber Party

I mean although Slave didn’t chart the best we can’t deny what a monumental success it was. The gp doesn’t know it only peaked top 30 and I can promise you most would say it was a #1 hit. I know because I’ve had to correct some people as much as it hurt me to do so. I do agree with your mentions and the reason I didn’t include singles off Britney even though it’s my favorite album was that they were huge worldwide. They did deserve more in the USA but considering how heavily promoted they were I’m ok with how they did in the US. An injustice, but the gp still recognizes those songs and that to me measures more success than their chart peaks :yaknow:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

I love Radar. I feel the same way about it. It’s such a good song but it gets so much hate from this fan base (myself included). It was PERFECT on  Blackout but then her team chose to shove it down out throats an entire era later as a BONUS track. How insulting. I feel like the best way to go about the song is to associate it with Blackout and not Circus. I wish others would too because it’s such a fun song :crying2:

I must be the only one that doesn’t attribute it to Circus. Even the music video itself since it has the song included I think about it more as a Blackout song. I’m not mad about it though. Britney loved the song enough to want to give it the justice it deserved and include it as a single. And I would much rather the video we got than another animated video from the Blackout era. Love Me Down could be B10’s lead single and it would still be a Glory track to me :jl:

• Love 2

Flawless list OP!  I would also say “My Kind” by Hilary Duff, one of the best pop songs of the decade. 

Also, Run Away With Me and New Romantic are both perfect but they also sound identical while Run Away With Me is constantly praised and no one gives a **** about New Romantics even though it came out prior? That always bothered me. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, RatchetTrish said:

Flawless list OP!  I would also say “My Kind” by Hilary Duff, one of the best pop songs of the decade. 

Also, Run Away With Me and New Romantic are both perfect but they also sound identical while Run Away With Me is constantly praised and no one gives a **** about New Romantics even though it came out prior? That always bothered me. 

OMG My Kind is also on my playlist! I only included one for each artist I mentioned but yes that song should've had more success. Also All About You should've been on the album and deserved more. New Romantics gets played at work so much that I hear it every day outside of me playing it :haha:

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

“Get Outta My Way” by Kylie Minogue 

mans. “Radar” deserved more. It deserved a dark, sleek dance video...not a video about race horses 🙄🙄🙄 

But I love the video because of how **** she looks. It's one of her best looks and I'm GLAD that we got the video that era and not during the Blackout era unless she was gonna go all out and not give us an animated video :kidcries:

• Love 1

Never Really Over-Katy Perry

Only U- Ashanti (the song and video are monstrous and yet the song didn’t explode)

Ciara songs after a certain point- but she stays so consistently amazing

Jojo!!!! Mad Love is a perfect album and her new album is amazing! 

this was a really well put together post- the original one, not mine. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

But I love the video because of how **** she looks. It's one of her best looks and I'm GLAD that we got the video that era and not during the Blackout era unless she was gonna go all out and not give us an animated video :kidcries:

Lol. Right? Break the ice deserved better. I wish they’d redo that video and him give it justice. Speaking of blackout videos, I’ll never forgive Britney or RCA for the gimme more video and that blonde wig in the opening scene 😭😭😭 

29 minutes ago, rednaldeirf said:

Never Really Over-Katy Perry

Only U- Ashanti (the song and video are monstrous and yet the song didn’t explode)

Ciara songs after a certain point- but she stays so consistently amazing

Jojo!!!! Mad Love is a perfect album and her new album is amazing! 

this was a really well put together post- the original one, not mine. 

**** Apologies is on that playlist :yesplease: and Only U is a BOP

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Lol. Right? Break the ice deserved better. I wish they’d redo that video and him give it justice. Speaking of blackout videos, I’ll never forgive Britney or RCA for the gimme more video and that blonde wig in the opening scene 😭😭😭 

All the videos are tragic but I can tolerate them :clicktina:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Harleys in Hawaii deserved top 20, it was such a summer vibe. 
Slumber Party was a better single choice than make me. I said what I said. I should have been a top 30 hit. 
Motivation by Normani is a forgotten bop too. I don’t know where it should have placed, but it deserved better. 
Raising Hell by Kesha was super fun too, yet no chart impact. 
Caution by Mariah deserved top 20. Such a bop. 
Bed by Nicki and Ari was a surprising flop  such a vibe. Should have done way better. 

All the songs I’ve mentioned though have a common theme of NOT BEING PROMOTED! Still, I stan :blast:

Don’t start me on Britney though. She should have ruled the charts 01-04 :fakecry:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block