1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

All of the Britney songs deserved more :donewithit:

But from the others you mention, in my mind Your Body and Girl Gone Wild did "good" because they were heavily played on VH1, Telehit and MTV here in Latin America and that's how I measure how successful a song is :haha: In contrast, Slumber Party wasn't as played, for example.

Yeah Your Body is the biggest commercial hit from the list but because it was her Max Martin lead single after Bionic flopped it should've been a bigger hit. It should've been #1 in MY opinion, but definitely a top 10 hit. It had everything radio was playing at the time and a solid lead single. Girl Gone Wild I stumbled upon because I was much more into EDM back then and had it on my playlists and my roommate at the time loved Madonna so she would always play the music video in the living room :haha:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Slumber Party for sure!

DLMBTLTK and INAGNYAW both deserved to at least make the Hot 100 lol! I can’t that they didn’t chart at all! 

My Only Wish (This Year) 

In terms of other artists 

Through The Rain- Mariah Carey

A No No- Mariah Carey 

Oh Santa- Mariah Carey 

What You Waiting For- Gwen Stefani

Used To Love You- Gwen Stefani 

Make Me Like You- Gwen Stefani 

Run To You- Whitney Houston 

All I Ever Wanted- Kelly Clarkson 

When You Kiss Me- Shania Twain 

Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl- Shania Twain 

• Love 2
Just now, lustwecantcontrol said:

Slumber Party for sure!

DLMBTLTK and INAGNYAW both deserved to at least make the Hot 100 lol! I can’t that they didn’t chart at all! 

My Only Wish (This Year) 

In terms of other artists 

Through The Rain- Mariah Carey

A No No- Mariah Carey 

Oh Santa- Mariah Carey 

What You Waiting For- Gwen Stefani

Used To Love You- Gwen Stefani 

Make Me Like You- Gwen Stefani 

Run To You- Whitney Houston 

All I Ever Wanted- Kelly Clarkson 

When You Kiss Me- Shania Twain 

Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl- Shania Twain 

All great choices! Thanks for including them :kisses2all: I wanted to keep it at 10 so it wasn't lengthier than it already was but I love that you included Mariah, Gwen, Whitney, Kelly and Shania :barbie:

• Love 2
1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

Ariana grande?! Oh my gosh! I loved you on Nickelodeon back in the day! What happened to you?!  

Disclaimer: I love Ari...this is fun shade FYI before someone tries to drag me 

Just now, Roxxy said:

Whatchumean. :imacat:

She got a glow up. Have you seen her Radio Disney first single music video? :haha:

• Haha 3
  • Content Curators
54 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Britney Spears - Overprotected

Peak: #86 on the Billboard Hot 100 (in Darkchild Remix form)

Highest Peak: #1 in Poland

Fun Fact: Grammy Nominated for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance

Reveal hidden contents

:barbie:

There’s something about this song UGH 

deserves to be one of her best hits and in my opinion better than toxic 

it is one of my favorites dare I say most favorite? This song deserves more and she better perform it in her next tour

and not with some s hitty remix 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators

Shakiras earlier Spanish rock songs

ofc globally they were hits esp in Latin America and they technically aren’t “underrated” but they are not very much known in the U.S, Canada etc 

my favorite song from hers is ojos asi

and this performance made me a stan 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Shakiras earlier Spanish rock songs

ofc globally they were hits esp in Latin America and they technically aren’t “underrated” but they are not very much known in the U.S, Canada etc 

my favorite song from hers is ojos asi

and this performance made me a stan 

This is in my Shakira trinity and was one of the first songs that instantly drew me to her as a kid along with Ciega, Sordomuda and Si Te Vas :clicktina:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
8 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

This is in my Shakira trinity and was one of the first songs that instantly drew me to her as a kid along with Ciega, Sordomuda and Si Te Vas :clicktina:

Wait REALLY WHAT THE HELL ARE WE THE SAME PERSON 

I was also gonna mention CIEGA SORDOMUDA AND SI TE VAS OMGGG 

• Haha 2

Not a song per say but rather a whole album... Blackout deserved so much more. It was nothing like what we knew pop music as. It was something that other artists would try to mimic for years to come. Unfortunately the struggles of her personal life overshadowed the greatness of this album. None of the singles released hit number one... Gimme More was her highest charting single, peaking at #3. Blackout was her first album that didn’t reach number one. People were too busy labeling her as “crazy” to listen to and appreciate her music. It wasn’t until years later that the album was finally realized as an important moment in music history, when it was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It’s truly a shame.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, blackoutbixxh said:

Not a song per say but rather a whole album... Blackout deserved so much more. It was nothing like what we knew pop music as. It was something that other artists would try to mimic for years to come. Unfortunately the struggles of her personal life overshadowed the greatness of this album. None of the singles released hit number one... Gimme More was her highest charting single, peaking at #3. Blackout was her first album that didn’t reach number one. People were too busy labeling her as “crazy” to listen to and appreciate her music. It wasn’t until years later that the album was finally realized as an important moment in music history, when it was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It’s truly a shame.

I hate that Radar is under appreciated because it was included in Circus and because of the music video, but that song deserved so much more and you're right about the album. She would've had seven consecutive #1's and 7 overall number one's :kidcries: Looking back though it was a blessing that she still gave us that album and more after what she went through. I honestly didn't see any new music in her future at the time no matter how much I wanted it. I remember how angry I would get when everyone at school would make fun of her and even films and the media were constantly making their jokes as well. If she decides not to make music anymore then although it would suck and be unfortunate, she's in a much better place right now sans conservatorship that I would feel more at peace then I did back early 2007 :kidcries:

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block