Demi Lovato's 'Tell Me You Love Me' is a masterpiece

• Leader

71I5DH8UC7L._SL1200_.jpg

Demi Lovato's 2017 album Tell Me You Love Me is pop perfection.

I was listening to it last night, and I forgot how precious it is.

The sound suits her so well. The songs don't feel forced or overly dramatic like some of her other works. 

"Sorry Not Sorry" is her best lead single to-date and still sounds fresh in 2020. Fight me :demi:

"Daddy Issues" is such a wild song. The topic is legit pretty dark, but it's disguised behind a bright chorus and slick production. 

Then, the Holy Trinity on TMYLM: "Games," "Hitchhiker" and "Concentrate," all appearing in succession. I love when an album has three flawless songs in a row. :yesplease: Interestingly, the latter two sound very similar production-wise, but they take off in different directions when the vocals hit. 

She also had a freaking song with Lil Wayne which, at first glance, seems kinda out of place, but it's just not. The icy beat, the hollow clap-beats, Wayne's auto-tune-tastic verse... it's a smooth listen. 

Demi is kind of having trouble finding her sound lately. I know TMYLM can't be duplicated, but if she went for this sound again I bet she'd have a lot of success. 

Do we have any TMYLM stans here? What's your favorite song (mine is "Games")? Or if you don't like the album, I'm curious to hear why.

demi.jpg.d0eb12d1877851d3d78bd043a109bf30.jpg

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Or if you don't like the album, I'm curious to hear why.

Can't stand listening to her. She's not a vocalist - (in my head I hear New York saying "she's not a SONGSTRESS" about Krazy :yesokay:) she shouts and screams through her nose. Her songs have become progressively more formulaic and boring IMO. Never really could be bothered to listen to much more than a few tracks, and I remain unimpressed. Sorry, not sorry. :chrissy:

• Leader
4 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

Can't stand listening to her. She's not a vocalist - (in my head I hear New York saying "she's not a SONGSTRESS" about Krazy :yesokay:) she shouts and screams through her nose. Her songs have become progressively more formulaic and boring IMO. Never really could be bothered to listen to much more than a few tracks, and I remain unimpressed. Sorry, not sorry. :chrissy:

:fran: imagine not loving this flawless album. :chrissy:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block