Ariana The New Queen of Butterflies

I don't think artists are copying mariah when they use the butterfly but..

considering ariana's history of copying mariah's vocal technique (i don't think she does it any more tho) and the fact that she's been a huge mariah stan and has been heavily inspired by mariah it does come off as a bit sus, but i don't think its anything to complain about

Mariah started the butterfly trend and she'll always be the queen of butterflies

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

This is super unrelated, but I found this the other day and I don't know where else to post it:

The fact that someone took the time to make this and the fact that this makes me laugh so freakin' much. I hate myself.Β :clownery:

That's my eternal mood for the past few years tho ughΒ :katycry:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, allthat88 said:

Β 

Gaga did the naked/bedazzled look in her LoveGame music video.Β  Did people go crazy saying she copied Britney?

Β 

Its not as iconic cause its already been done butΒ  art is art and people copy or take parts of it all the time.

Yeah on exhale they did. There was awhile that B fans were making threads about Gaga copying B.

I love Ari, but she’s VERY INSPIRED by Mimi. Let’s not forget Ari also had a song named β€œbe my baby”. She’s to Mariah what nicki is to lil Kim...very INSPIRED lol. But I love Ari. I do think she’s overexposing herself which isn’t good thoughΒ 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

I love Ari, but she’s VERY INSPIRED by Mimi. Let’s not forget Ari also had a song named β€œbe my baby”. She’s to Mariah what nicki is to lil Kim...very INSPIRED lol. But I love Ari. I do think she’s overexposing herself which isn’t good thoughΒ 

It's natural that people compare the young with the experienced. I agree about the over exposure and the comparisons. Β  Britney was very much over exposed in her prime but it didn't really hurt her brand because Pop music was so "in" and there were many other Pop acts out. Pop is not really in right now. You have some pop girls on the radio, but it's mainly r&B and Hip Hop. So the world only hasΒ Ariana, Gaga (even though Stupid Love didn't get much GP love), Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish.

I almost feel like Ari is pulling a Rihanna, where she released music so often to keep her spot for years and when she felt she had her legacy sealed, she took time off. Now we've been waiting years for the new RiRi album. But I think that works for Rihanna because she can dive into pop, rock, r&b and hip hop. Ariana hasn't really transcended into other genres successfully. She tried in hip hop with 2 Chainz and the song didn't do well. R&B with Stevie Wonder and nothing. If she isn't careful she will not only burn herself out, but the public's interest in her.Β :bedtime:

• Like 1

I'll never understoodΒ whyΒ Ariana's universe still has to be so childish. Butterflies, unicorns, rainbows, bunny masks and cats headbands...:barbie:
What is she, a Disney PrincesseΒ ? lol She wants to play theΒ "Dangerous Woman" but I only see a little girl actingΒ  and simpering.
Yes she looks sweet and cute, butΒ this is too cheesy to me...
gross vomit GIF
Mariah, even with her butterflies and lambs doesn't inspire me the same thing.Β :idkha:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block