Ariana The New Queen of Butterflies

mariah carey praises ariana grande – Soundpasta

Just after Mariah and Ariana were on good terms with each other, it seems Ari might be rocking the boat. As we know Mariah has used butterflies in her artwork, music videos, stage shows and jewelry. She even has an album named "Butterfly". Every lover of female-pop should know when you see a butterfly- you think MiMi. When you see a ponytail- you think Ari. With that said, those are two images are not exclusive to one person, but in pop culture it's hard to deny.

Well as of late, Ariana seems to have a fascination with butterflies and the Lambs have taken notice. She's been using the butterfly filter a lot. She recently got two large butterfly tattoos on her arm. Now she wears large butterfly wings in her new music video "Rain on Me". Ariana from the start has been dragged by the Lambs for copying Mariah. Do you think she is as calculated to the degree to try to make butterflies her "thing"? Or will this just be a reach and the Lambs need to calm down?

ariana grande gifs | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

IGS-02-15-2020-3 GIF by 😍 Ariana Grande Devotee 😍 | Gfycat

A complete guide to Ariana Grande's 51 known tattoos - Insider

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande share music video for Rain On Me ...

Stream  Ariana Grande - "Rain On Me" today 

Mariah Carey Christmas Sticker by LOCAMENTE for iOS & Android | GIPHY

mariah-carey-complements-ariana-grande-after-her-all-i-want-for-christmas-tribute-video.thumb.jpg.f32d220bf299874dbbf84e995ba2e1d7.jpg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE 💛🧡💜
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

Well written @Born2Die 💛🧡💜

Featured! :barbie:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLGfaLTiZVxzw4WcK2rqE

Also, I've been thinking about this too. When she got the butterfly tattoos and then the wings on the Rain On Me music video. However, I don't think she would "purposely" try to make it her thing. She's smart enough to know that Butterflies are Mariah's thing. :imacat:

lOlMyn.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I don't care and I don't know why anyone else would. :clicktina:

I really like both singers but I did ask a Lamb why it's a big deal to them, artists borrow from each other all the time. And he said it's as if Taylor Swift came out using around her neck, or did a nude jewel/ stewardess dress like Britney. Its something that your fave made iconic and this basic version is trying to pawn it off as their own and their fans will eat it up. 

I mean I get that at the end of the day it doesn't matter, none of this pop world. But it did make me think about my love of Brit and how I would feel if a younger person tried taking all her vibe and make a career off it. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

This is super unrelated, but I found this the other day and I don't know where else to post it:

The fact that someone took the time to make this and the fact that this makes me laugh so freakin' much. I hate myself. :clownery:

Same Brit, same.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Born2Die said:

I really like both singers but I did ask a Lamb why it's a big deal to them, artists borrow from each other all the time. And he said it's as if Taylor Swift came out using around her neck, or did a nude jewel/ stewardess dress like Britney. Its something that your fave made iconic and this basic version is trying to pawn it off as their own and their fans will eat it up. 

I mean I get that at the end of the day it doesn't matter, none of this pop world. But it did make me think about my love of Brit and how I would feel if a younger person tried taking all her vibe and make a career off it. 

I guess, but even then I don't think I'd really care that much if I were a lamb. If anything, I'd be happy that her legacy continues to live on. :typing: Also, I don't really think one can trademark butterflies. I don't think a butterfly aesthetic and performing with a snake is a valid comparison. Such a generic aesthetic, and Mariah definitely isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think of butterflies. Obviously, I wasn't around during her prime, but even then... I feel like most people outside her fanbase would feel that way. :)

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Slave_4_u said:

Don’t butterflies belong to the 90s I mean they were a 90s symbol, butterfly tattoos and merch everywhere...I get Mariah has a thing for them but when I think the butterfly as a symbol I think of the 90s decade as a whole.

I still have my butterfly hair clips 

52ab79efa87e831362c497f04e5aac08.jpg

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Gaga did the naked/bedazzled look in her LoveGame music video.  Did people go crazy saying she copied Britney?

Its not as iconic cause its already been done but  art is art and people copy or take parts of it all the time.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block