Jump to content

Where would Britney’s career be without “Toxic” ?


Recommended Posts

this is unrelated but can we talk about how ppl say that melanie martinez's cover is better

like it hurts me cuz they say that and i'm like why?

and they're like oh yeah britney's version is too poppy and they go and listen to ariana grande

like b itch make sense

anyways that was my rant but britney still had baby and oops but yes the gp would think different of her 

imma dare to say that toxic is even bigger than baby

Link to comment
1 hour ago, BritneyMinaj said:

this is unrelated but can we talk about how ppl say that melanie martinez's cover is better

like it hurts me cuz they say that and i'm like why?

and they're like oh yeah britney's version is too poppy and they go and listen to ariana grande

like b itch make sense

anyways that was my rant but britney still had baby and oops but yes the gp would think different of her 

imma dare to say that toxic is even bigger than baby

Oh yuck... I like Melanie but her cover is not that great ...

  • Love 1
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

It would be a big loss for her legacy. She obviously has other classics but Toxic has become huge over the years, it’s hard to imagine her career without it tbh 

Toxic is going to go down as her Vogue tbh. If not more iconic. Toxic is a brilliant pop song (and stated before ) but sometimes I wish the GP would you know give her newer classics (Gimme More, TTWE, etc ) the same love. That’s what I worry about her coming back because people just seem to be fine with having only Toxic from Britney. Like I feel like they are completely fine with that being the only Britney song they listen to (not us thirsty stans though )

Link to comment

in 2004 I don't know... if they released Boom boom like planned maybe the album would still work very well because if I'm not mistaking Ying Yang Twins were popular at that time.

But in the long run I think the whole album wouldn't have been so well known in the GP eye and I don't think she would have been that iconic today. Toxic kinda confirmed her ability to be successfull each time she released an album. And it's such a well known song. It feels like everybody know this song even if they have no clue who Britney is. 

Not having Toxic would have made her less popular over the years I think. 

About the Melanie Martinez cover I would just say that: some people think that acoustic versions of a song make it deeper and more artistic which is not true.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Cheshire-B said:

in 2004 I don't know... if they released Boom boom like planned maybe the album would still work very well because if I'm not mistaking Ying Yang Twins were popular at that time.

But in the long run I think the whole album wouldn't have been so well known in the GP eye and I don't think she would have been that iconic today. Toxic kinda confirmed her ability to be successfull each time she released an album. And it's such a well known song. It feels like everybody know this song even if they have no clue who Britney is. 

Not having Toxic would have made her less popular over the years I think. 

About the Melanie Martinez cover I would just say that: some people think that acoustic versions of a song make it deeper and more artistic which is not true.

I agree. The “trendy” and “artisty fartsy” people like the stripped down versions better. And I HATE when people say , “oh my god this is so much better than Britney’s” ...

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 5/24/2020 at 5:12 AM, vivianspears said:

It would be a huge loss for Britney without it. Because of the alleged radio ban in 2001-2002 that caused Britney album's singles to flop in the Billboard Hot 100, without Toxic probably In the Zone album and its other singles would have performed poorer. Post-2007, i think the GP would say to her that "she has not accomplished so much before". So yeah, I'm glad that Toxic happened. It would have been a LOT better if it's the lead single instead of MATM. 

Right? How could anyone listen to the finished album and not think Toxic is the obvious lead single :squint:

MATM coming out after Toxic would have broke the crappy internet back then. Toxic and then a Madonna x Britney collab? 

Breathe on Me and Outrageous as singles would have cemented In The Zone as her most successful album easily 

Link to comment
On 5/24/2020 at 5:12 AM, vivianspears said:

It would be a huge loss for Britney without it. Because of the alleged radio ban in 2001-2002 that caused Britney album's singles to flop in the Billboard Hot 100, without Toxic probably In the Zone album and its other singles would have performed poorer. Post-2007, i think the GP would say to her that "she has not accomplished so much before". So yeah, I'm glad that Toxic happened. It would have been a LOT better if it's the lead single instead of MATM. 

Right? How could anyone listen to the finished album and not think Toxic is the obvious lead single :squint:

MATM coming out after Toxic would have broke the crappy internet back then. Toxic and then a Madonna x Britney collab? 

Breathe on Me and Outrageous as singles would have cemented In The Zone as her most successful album easily 

Link to comment
On 5/24/2020 at 5:12 AM, vivianspears said:

It would be a huge loss for Britney without it. Because of the alleged radio ban in 2001-2002 that caused Britney album's singles to flop in the Billboard Hot 100, without Toxic probably In the Zone album and its other singles would have performed poorer. Post-2007, i think the GP would say to her that "she has not accomplished so much before". So yeah, I'm glad that Toxic happened. It would have been a LOT better if it's the lead single instead of MATM. 

Right? How could anyone listen to the finished album and not think Toxic is the obvious lead single :squint:

MATM coming out after Toxic would have broke the crappy internet back then. Toxic and then a Madonna x Britney collab? 

Breathe on Me and Outrageous as singles would have cemented In The Zone as her most successful album easily 

Link to comment

How could anyone listen to the finished album and not think Toxic is the obvious lead single :squint:

MATM coming out after Toxic would have broke the crappy internet back then. Toxic and then a Madonna x Britney collab? Legendary 

Breathe on Me and Outrageous as singles would have cemented In The Zone as her most successful album easily 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Right? How could anyone listen to the finished album and not think Toxic is the obvious lead single :squint:

MATM coming out after Toxic would have broke the crappy internet back then. Toxic and then a Madonna x Britney collab? 

Breathe on Me and Outrageous as singles would have cemented In The Zone as her most successful album easily 

The only reason MATM was the lead single was because it came off the heels the 2003 VMA kiss with Madonna, which thrust her back in the spotlight.

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block