This Day In Pop: Lady Gaga Unleashes ‘Born This Way’ (May 23, 2011)

• Leader

Mother Monster changes the face of pop music with her sophomore album.

Lady Gaga released Born This Way on May 23, 2011.

Back in late 2010, Lady Gaga told a crowd of screaming fans in Gdsank, Poland that her second studio album, Born This Way, would be “the greatest album of this decade.” Almost 10 years later, the declaration still rings true. The blockbuster LP changed up the game for Mother Monster, elevating her off kilter pop contributions to new degrees of weird cool. In the process, it turned off a few folks, but regardless of whether you championed her creativity or turned your nose at the spectacle, it was certainly an era worth watching. For BreatheHeavy’s latest installment of This Day In Pop, we’re revisiting Gaga’s mega-release as she works steadily on her sixth studio album.

Check out the full story on Exhale's Pop Anniversaries Calendar! 

Exhale, what's your favorite song off Born This Way?

gaga.jpg

• Love 1

Incredible album. It's hard to pick one favorite, as it changes quite often, but, IMO, this is the holy trinity: "Hair", "Bloody Mary" and "Heavy Metal Lover":whiteladydance: "Marry the Night" is amazing for blowing your brains out at max volume. :lizzie: And it's worth getting the deluxe just for "The Queen" alone. :typing: I even have the CD, which says a lot, because I usually don't buy CDs. :martini:

• Love 1
  • Leader
19 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Incredible album. It's hard to pick one favorite, as it changes quite often, but, IMO, this is the holy trinity: "Hair", "Bloody Mary" and "Heavy Metal Lover":whiteladydance: "Marry the Night" is amazing for blowing your brains out at max volume. :lizzie: And it's worth getting the deluxe just for "The Queen" alone. :typing: I even have the CD, which says a lot, because I usually don't buy CDs. :martini:

Sooo hard to pick.

Mine is

This album marks the beginning of when I started to unstan GaGa. I didn’t like any of the songs, the videos were atrocious in my opinion (aside from marry the night), and don’t get me started on her selling the album for 99 cents (which was a clear attempt to break Britney’s oops opening week record). She was trying too hard with this album, then everything went downhill. In my opinion.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Back in late 2010, Lady Gaga told a crowd of screaming fans in Gdsank, Poland  
gaga.jpg

My country has been blessed :crying1: btw, its Gdańsk :angietea:

I love Born This Way, it's an iconic sophomore album a legand like Gaga deserves :firega: Bloody Mary, Judas, Electric chapel and Heavy Metal Lover are life 

• Love 2

(ddd I consider it to be her third album and I think Gaga does too, but that's up for debate)

Anyway, I can't believe how old this album is now! I've been relistening to it a lot lately. The title track, The Edge of Glory, Government Hooker, Bloody Mary, Scheisse, Heavy Metal Lover.... BAWPS

• Love 1
  • Leader
3 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

This album marks the beginning of when I started to unstan GaGa. I didn’t like any of the songs, the videos were atrocious in my opinion (aside from marry the night), and don’t get me started on her selling the album for 99 cents (which was a clear attempt to break Britney’s oops opening week record). She was trying too hard with this album, then everything went downhill. In my opinion.

:rupaulslap:
:rupaulslap::rupaulslap::rupaulslap:

• Haha 1
  • Leader
3 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

SCHEIBE!!! Such a banger, should have been a single! I don’t think I’d call it the best album of the decade, but it’s a great album. But can we get rid of Government Hooker, I hate that song lol. Americano is underrated. Heavy Metal Lover is amazing. 

Suchhhhhh a banger. Taste :mimiclap:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block