Lana Del Rey just unfollowed Ariana Grande on Instagram

From the very start, I knew that collab with Ariana was a bad idea. I know she's everywhere these days, but I thought the song was awful, and the only part I liked was Lana's. After everything that happened yesterday, it seems like Ariana was angry at Lana. In a recent post, Lana said Ariana and Doja Cat gave her a feedback and she kind of said they did not want to be associated with her. Now we can see Lana just unfollowed Ariana, and that's the end of that friendship. 

Not surprised that Ariana didn't get it. Her ego is huge.

Related:

lana-ariana.jpg.4f101dae793b2312f2649c18b8773893.jpg

Lana is obnoxious, what was the point of her calling out these women for? If she wants to sing about her submissive portrayal of herself in her music then just do it. Stop announcing what you want to do or compare yourself to others. Those that find her subject manner wrong will not care about what Ariana or Beyonce are singing about, its irrelevant. This is about Lana, not anyone else. Her calling all these ladies out is problematic and childish af

I also can’t stand a woman who states shes not a “feminist” to be different. Its so “fake woke” to me, almost as if going the opposite direction of the women movement makes them more interesting. News flash to Lana and anyone else reading this, you can have a healthy, loving relationship with mutual respect for one another. Theres no reason for you to fully submit to anyone else, thats where problems arise.

She also states wanting to sing about feeling beautiful when being in love. Thats fine & dandy but when her entire  catalogue revolves around that it sets a really wrong message to her very young female audience. It has them think they are only desirable, beautiful if they have a mans approval, and that's not right. Theres many ways to sing about the beauty of love without comprising ones own dignity. This whole thing has put a bad taste in my mouth.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, MANDIXMX said:

Lana is obnoxious, what was the point of her calling out these women for? If she wants to sing about her submissive portrayal of herself in her music then just do it. Stop announcing what you want to do or compare yourself to others. Those that find her subject manner wrong will not care about what Ariana or Beyonce are singing about, its irrelevant. This is about Lana, not anyone else. Her calling all these ladies out is problematic and childish af

I also can’t stand a woman who states shes not a “feminist” to be different. Its so “fake woke” to me, almost as if going the opposite direction of the women movement makes them more interesting. News flash to Lana and anyone else reading this, you can have a healthy, loving relationship with mutual respect for one another. Theres no reason for you to fully submit to anyone else, thats where problems arise.

She also states wanting to sing about feeling beautiful when being in love. Thats fine & dandy but when her entire  catalogue revolves around that it sets a really wrong message to her very young female audience. It has them think they are only desirable, beautiful if they have a mans approval, and that's not right. Theres many ways to sing about the beauty of love without comprising ones own dignity. This whole thing has put a bad taste in my mouth.

she didn't say she wasn't a feminist. reread it...she used a double negative (its a running gag with her for some reason...she's weird idk). she was saying she IS a feminist.

honestly this whole thing is uncomfortable because i entirely see where she was coming from and i think her point just did not come across correct. however, someone needs to take her phone and swat her with a newspaper for giving more fuel to the fire today...and her allegedly being unwarrantedly rude to a fan would be one thing that actually pisses me off, but i need to see if it was warranted. i actually see and agree with her point; the women pointing out that black women have been singing about those topics long before lana was even born are correct, but again, from lana's personal view, she's gonna feel like she was all on her own etc because that's kind of how humans typically feel...prone to isolation and such, and she was derided so heavily at the start of her career that i can understand why she feels that way. also she wasn't insulting those women at all and people need to get past that notion imo.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

She didn’t even mention success on charts tho

she just doesn’t want backlash like she used to get for her lyrics 

idk why everyone can’t read 

No one will take the time to read paragraphs and instead are relying on the opinions of others to make their own opinions :tiffeyeroll:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
15 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

She didn’t even mention success on charts tho

she just doesn’t want backlash like she used to get for her lyrics 

idk why everyone can’t read 

Your'e the one who can't read. She literally said 'now that they all had number one hits...'

The only thing I don't agree with people is that I don't believe she intentionally picked WOC. 

Whatever she explained afterwards was irrelevant. Those women she listed all experienced different sorts of backlash. I love her and believe she has her own place in the culture, but the only reason she mentioned the No.1 girls along with the words '*******, wearing no clothes...' was simply to throw them under the bus.

The audacity of sharing a different opinion = can't read LMAO

• Like 2
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, Invitation said:

Your'e the one who can't read. She literally said 'now that they all had number one hits...'

The only thing I don't agree with people is that I don't believe she intentionally picked WOC. 

Whatever she explained afterwards was irrelevant. Those women she listed all experienced different sorts of backlash. I love her and believe she has her own place in the culture, but the only reason she mentioned the No.1 girls along with the words '*******, wearing no clothes...' was simply to throw them under the bus.

The audacity of sharing a different opinion = can't read LMAO

I wasn’t specifically referring to u being the one who can’t read:jl: 

im talking about all the people on social

media and twitter thinking she’s jealous whereas she was just talking about how if these people can sing and make songs about all those things and clearly be accepted by the media (as they went #1). Why can’t she just openly make her music and talk about what she wants without getting SLANDER :jl:  I stg every time someone even mentions the name Beyoncé Where they aren’t kissing her *** 

everyone attacks them

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block