#DojaCatIsOverParty currently trending on Twitter, Update: Doja Cat responds

Update: Doja Cat has responded to the allegations.

“I want to address what’s been happening on Twitter,” she wrote in an Instagram post. “I’ve used public chat rooms to socialize since I was a child. I shouldn’t have been on some of those chat room sites, but I personally have never been involved in any racist conversations. I’m sorry to everyone I offended.”

She continued, “I’m a black woman. Half of my family is black from South Africa and I’m very proud of where I come from.” Her father is South African actor Dumisani Dlamini, best known to American audiences for his turn in 1992’s Sarafina! across from Whoopi Goldberg.

Doja Cat admits she did write and record “Dindu Nuffin,” but says it was a poor attempt to reclaim the term as a person of color. “As for the old song that’s resurfaced, it was in no way tied to anything outside of my own personal experience. It was written in response to people who often used that term to hurt me. I made an attempt to flip its meaning, but recognize that it was a bad decision to use the term in my music.”

Read her statement below:

Update: #WeAreSorryDoja begins to trend after her fans start using it to claim that she was "proven innocent" with no evidence. 

The controversy: 

#DojaCatIsOverParty is currently trending on Twitter after she was exposed for participating in alledgedly alt-right / incel groups online.

it seems like there's a lot more going on and more is being revealed by the second

people are also bringing up her 2018 homophobic tweets that everyone seems to have forgotten about

2013433144_images-2020-05-23T080756_005.jpeg.ed68cf727998e99d73f093b0b7734296.jpeg

• Love 1
1 minute ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

tinychat is just a video chat site

Incel stands for involuntary celibate, it's basically a misogynistic group of men who can't get laid and for that reason hate women.

Oh, and oh. I thought Incel is like Zoom. :deadbanana: cause of the picture in the Tweet. :idkney:

• Haha 5
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Oh, and oh. I thought Incel is like Zoom. :deadbanana: cause of the picture in the Tweet. :idkney:

hahahaha

here's the Urban Dictionary definition

TOP DEFINITION

aka "involuntarily celibate", a person (usually male) who has a horrible personality and treats women like ****** objects and thinks his lack of a *** life comes from being "ugly" when its really just his blatant sexism and terrible attitude. incels have little to no self awareness; even when they see other "ugly" men with girlfriends, they consider these men to be tricksters who have somehow beat the system and can get women despite being cursed with unattractiveness (in other words, theyre respectful to women and women are attracted to their personalities, but incels cant comprehend such a phenomenon). they believe that women owe them ***, and many of the more extreme incels like to spend time in incel communities on the internet coming up with ways to make women have *** with them (often involving genocide of people of color, genocide of "Chads" (men who have ***), taking rights away from women, raping them, having *** with women's dead bodies, and other horrid, disgusting things. they cant understand that that is PRECISELY why women want nothing to do with them).
I'm pretty sure Ryan is an incel. Yesterday he made a facebook post about how all women are shallow and exist to torture men by "denying" them ***, as if *** is something people "deserve", and not a privilege given by potential ****** partners that should be respected.
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

hahahaha

here's the Urban Dictionary definition

TOP DEFINITION

aka "involuntarily celibate", a person (usually male) who has a horrible personality and treats women like ****** objects and thinks his lack of a *** life comes from being "ugly" when its really just his blatant sexism and terrible attitude. incels have little to no self awareness; even when they see other "ugly" men with girlfriends, they consider these men to be tricksters who have somehow beat the system and can get women despite being cursed with unattractiveness (in other words, theyre respectful to women and women are attracted to their personalities, but incels cant comprehend such a phenomenon). they believe that women owe them ***, and many of the more extreme incels like to spend time in incel communities on the internet coming up with ways to make women have *** with them (often involving genocide of people of color, genocide of "Chads" (men who have ***), taking rights away from women, raping them, having *** with women's dead bodies, and other horrid, disgusting things. they cant understand that that is PRECISELY why women want nothing to do with them).
I'm pretty sure Ryan is an incel. Yesterday he made a facebook post about how all women are shallow and exist to torture men by "denying" them ***, as if *** is something people "deserve", and not a privilege given by potential ****** partners that should be respected.

So Doja Cat being part of this group means, like, she's a prostitute? :idkney:

• Haha 4
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Is this for real? :ohwut:

My god, does no one have a PR team anymore? You’re meant to get rid of this stuff before you make it big. This keeps happening and these new flops learn nothing :clownery:

I would say it just helps not to post stupid s.hit like that at all but I guess that's impossible for some. :jl: I'm really over stanning or attempting to stan these new pop girls, only to discover how much they flop. :tiffeyeroll:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
Just now, AmorProhibido said:

I would say it just helps not to post stupid s.hit like that at all but I guess that's impossible for some. :jl: I'm really over stanning or attempting to stan these new pop girls, only to discover how much they flop. :tiffeyeroll:

I’d agree but the stupid outweigh the smart and we keep making dumb people famous. You’d think their teams would know to clean up after them. Otherwise, the internet is forever :setfire:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Nothing will happen. Trump made everything that should cancel someone, acceptable. It's a shame but reality.

i think you have a point, but someone who I think has been successfully cancelled in the Trump era is Camila Cabello, I really feel like no one checks for her anymore and her brand has been permanently tainted, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with Doja

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block