Foxes returns with new single!

Dylan255

Foxes has returned with her first new track in four years, Love Not Loving You, and coming off the highs of her previous work, such as Youth, Amazing, and White Coats, I am stoked to be getting something new from her. Glorious, Holding onto Heaven, and Youth were three of my favorite songs in 2014, with heartfelt lyrical content, great production, solid song- writing skills, and a real sense of yearning she learned how to manifest. The new track sounds similar to the lead single from her 2016 album, Body Talk (off All I Need), but with a more care-free, invigorated lyric, supported by a matching sound. Foxes is deserving of headlining success as much as most of the big pop acts, but it's a matter of connecting with people and good fortune. Her greatest asset, in my opinion, is the sense of yearning she inflects into her songs, like Youth. She writes her own lyrics, and while that isn't important for every artist, it shows in her delivery. On Youth every bit of the uncertainty of our life's path, and desire to make something of it, comes through with her inflection, which effectively imparts feeling, pauses in the lyric to allow the moment to breathe, and choices to drag out some of the words to emphasize meaning. Much of her music has some bit of sadness incorporated into it, but on tracks like Amazing she creates the most exuberant sound you can imagine, filled with all the adrenaline of falling in love. And on the new track she's giving us some of that energy, but off the adrenaline of leaving someone behind lolol. It doesn't sound like a breakup song, it's more of a ode to the freedom we feel when we get to the place in our minds where we are determined to leave the  sadness of a split behind and can move on without turning back. Give the new song a listen, and if it's not your cup and you're not familiar with her, go sample Youth, Cruel, or White Coats. Anyone else enjoying the new song? Video a la Picasso collage out now! And on another throwback to the earlier part of the decade we are getting new Disclosure with the guy that gets no credits from When a Fire Starts to Burn tomorrow, and it sounds like something off Settle, their house masterpiece, so check that out tomorrow too 🤗 And does anyone know who the WAFSTB guy is? I still don't.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived