Lambs call out Rolling Stone for once again ignoring Mariah Carey and her legacy

mariah.jpg.04abc657f4b0481ab9fa8275fc6c4553.jpg

The Lambs are dragging Rolling Stone once again for not including Mariah Carey's "Vision of Love" on the 100 greatest debut singles of all time.

It's no secret... Rolling Stone never loved Mariah Carey at all. They only gave her two covers in the 90s cause that's how big she was. Kind of like how RS never had love for Janet Jackson in the way they did for Michael Jackson. Rolling Stone was team Whitney Houston through and through.

The Lambs knows that Mariah Carey was never a RS fav. 

1. Mariah Carey being a Christian and always preaching her faith is very un rock and roll to the ultimate rock and roll bible. 
  2. Her feminine girly girl image goes against the masculine/androgynous type females they prefer the likes of Madonna or Beyoncé. 

A lot of her personal beliefs is everything Rolling Stone is against.

Do you believe RS has it out for Mariah Carey and her legacy?

@JordanMiller

@Roxxy

unimpressed mariah carey GIF

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Uhmm. I don't know about "ignoring". I don't believe Rolling Stone is being shady. 

But it's very much what you said. :imacat:

5 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

is very un rock and roll to the ultimate rock and roll bible

Rolling Stone is and always has been about pop culture. And although Mariah is part of pop culture, she was never the one to actually make big plays like Madonna or Britney. Mariah is like a Vice President and Madonna and Britney were the presidents during their time. The President is always front and center and the one that makes big plays. The Vice President is a very high, respected, and esteemed position, but do they make the moves? Do they call the shots and do they impact our culture? :nonono:

Mariah makes amazing music, but a "pop culture force" she is not. She is a "music force" at best. And Rolling Stone is not just a music publication. Rolling Stone is pop culture. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

• Like 3

I’m shocked they didn’t include Vision Of Love honestly! Of course I love that Britney claimed the top spot! 

I think like someone else mentioned, Mariah while extremely successful/talented never impacted pop culture the way Madonna, Britney, Whitney did. I love her to death, but when you think about it she has kinda of a boring persona compared to other pop stars and for being such a huge star she has some of the worst/most boring music videos. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I’m shocked they didn’t include Vision Of Love honestly! Of course I love that Britney claimed the top spot! 

I think like someone else mentioned, Mariah while extremely successful/talented never impacted pop culture the way Madonna, Britney, Whitney did. I love her to death, but when you think about it she has kinda of a boring persona compared to other pop stars and for being such a huge star she has some of the worst/most boring music videos. 

I can’t lie, she really is a musician through and through, her videos are boring and sometimes just seem random.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I can’t lie, she really is a musician through and through, her videos are boring and sometimes just seem random.

She’s my 2nd favorite artist so if I think the majority of her videos are boring , imagine what the average person must think lol! She really is an incredible artist though like you mentioned! She writes, produces, and of course that voice!

• Love 1
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Uhmm. I don't know about "ignoring". I don't believe Rolling Stone is being shady. 

But it's very much what you said. :imacat:

Rolling Stone is and always has been about pop culture. And although Mariah is part of pop culture, she was never the one to actually make big plays like Madonna or Britney. Mariah is like a Vice President and Madonna and Britney were the presidents during their time. The President is always front and center and the one that makes big plays. The Vice President is a very high, respected, and esteemed position, but do they make the moves? Do they call the shots and do they impact our culture? :nonono:

Mariah makes amazing music, but a "pop culture force" she is not. She is a "music force" at best. And Rolling Stone is not just a music publication. Rolling Stone is pop culture. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

You MUST be young saying this. Rappers in pop songs? Mid drifts before Britney? Waistless jeans? The template for every pop hook written thereafter? Rolling Stone is shady. Period. Girl you tried it though 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, sparrowhawk said:

You MUST be young saying this. Rappers in pop songs? Mid drifts before Britney? Waistless jeans? The template for every pop hook written thereafter? Rolling Stone is shady. Period. Girl you tried it though 

I'm 31, and maybe you're the young one since you can't spell midriff. You tried it though. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I already shared my opinion on my first post. I don't need to discuss it again to an illiterate. :imacat:

I’m an English teacher. The word has a standard and a non-standard spelling. Are we still on about this because your “opinion” was ill-received and inaccurate? Don’t come for Mariah’s impact. Have several seats. 😘

• Like 2
Just now, sparrowhawk said:

I’m an English teacher. The word has a standard and a non-standard spelling. Are we still on about this because your “opinion” was ill-received and inaccurate? Don’t come for Mariah’s impact. Have several seats. 😘

I have a degree in English Lit and Art History. I like teachers. But you came off rude, so don't be surprised if you get the same reaction. :imacat:

I did not come for Mariah's impact. Read my post again. I called you an illiterate not just for the spelling but cause clearly you did not understand my post. I am not the only one in this thread who had that opinion but you only came for me. You seem pressed, teach. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

I have a degree in English Lit and Art History. I like teachers. But you came off rude, so don't be surprised if you get the same reaction. :imacat:

I did not come for Mariah's impact. Read my post again. I called you an illiterate not just for the spelling but cause clearly you did not understand my post. I am not the only one in this thread who had that opinion but you only came for me. You seem pressed, teach. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

English lit and art history 😂 congrats boo! Doesn’t give you taste, clearly; also didn’t teach you to spell 🤣😜 oops! And you lack knowledge of pop culture history. But I realize the time I’m wasting here. Best to you and yours! 😘 love and light 

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

She’s my 2nd favorite artist so if I think the majority of her videos are boring , imagine what the average person must think lol! She really is an incredible artist though like you mentioned! She writes, produces, and of course that voice!

Yeah there’s nothing wrong with that, I actually think it’s impressive she doesn’t rely on her image to make it in the industry and just like Britney, they try to tear her down but she’s still here. 

Despite that My all is one of my favorite videos and an utter masterpiece. The visuals really help sell the longing the song portrays. I really feel immersed in the whole experience but that’s only if she’s lucky enough to work with strong visual directors but I get that she’s more of a music person and wants her music highlighted above all else.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah there’s nothing wrong with that, I actually think it’s impressive she doesn’t rely on her image to make it in the industry and just like Britney, they try to tear her down but she’s still here. 

Despite that My all is one of my favorite videos and an utter masterpiece. The visuals really help sell the longing the song portrays. I really feel immersed in the whole experience but that’s only if she’s lucky enough to work with strong visual directors but I get that she’s more of a music person and wants her music highlighted above all else.

Omg, My All is one of my favorite songs and videos from her! Everything about the song and it’s video is flawless! 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I'm 31, and maybe you're the young one since you can't spell midriff. You tried it though. ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

Points for grammar but your original point falls flat on its face. Mariah has been a force in pop culture since her debut....:surejan:

Make me alone tells you that. but go awf :fruit:

• Love 1
13 hours ago, sparrowhawk said:

The thing is that the article was based on influence. On terms of that, BOMT is no.1. It changed and made its own pathway for debut songs and reinvented bubblegum pop.

14 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Spoiler

ezgif-2-b9502a805e77.jpg

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block