Jamie Lynn says Britney is NOT retiring, no new plans for music (new interview)

jamie-lynn.jpg.ba1ee81e277caab4ef70e750bbddf550.jpg

Jamie Lynn is promoting her role as Noreen in Netflix's new series 'Sweet Magnolias' 

She gave an interview to The Hollywood Reporter. They couldn't resist asking her a bunch of questions about Britney. One of them was about whether Britney is retiring or not, a rumor that's gained traction in the last year or so. According to Jamie Lynn, she's NOT. 

Here's the full interview excerpt about Britney (which one of you was asking these questions. Only a real fan would ask these :tiffcackle:)

Speaking of music, Saturday marked the 20th anniversary of Britney's second studio album, Oops!...I Did It Again. It was such a monumental album that, for 15 years, it held the record for highest first-week sales for a female artist. To date, it's sold more than 20 million copies worldwide. How would you describe that era in Britney's career and the mark it left on pop music?  

I look back at that time as the best time of my life. All of the highlights run through my head like a movie montage. Before Oops! came out, I was like, "My sister sings, that's so cool." But after that album was released, that's when it really clicked for me that she was on her way to becoming an icon. With Oops!, Britney really came into her own, who she was as a young woman, and she was getting to share that with the world. At that time, it's funny thinking about the things people would push back on: certain outfits she would wear or the way she would dance. Now, those things would be completely G-rated. I remember thinking to myself that not only is my sister a superstar, but she's changing things. She's really the best of the best. She made me believe that anything was possible. At the same time, though, I can't believe it took nearly 18 years for the rest of the world to figure it out that my sister was this huge talent. Oops! is when Britney's fame went from household name to absolute superstardom, in my opinion as a young girl observing it all. That's when things around me started to change. She had to have security everywhere, hotels were a little nicer, and we got to fly in the nice part of the plane. I remember thinking, even at 9 years old, "This can't be our reality."

Do you have a favorite song from Oops!...I Did It Again?

Every single song is so good, but I love "Lucky." That's one of my favorite songs of Britney's ever, and I love the video for it. And I'll never forget when Britney performed it on her Dream Within a Dream Tour, when she came out of this music box and then sang "Lucky" in a little sailor's outfit. It was my favorite part of the show, and that song is still so special to me all these years later.

What do you make of your sister's enduring legacy?

I tell her all the time, "You are a living legend. You are such a badass!"

And does she get that? Does she see herself as a living legend?

No, not at all. She just doesn’t. She waves me off and is just like, "Whatever, whatever, whatever." But I still try to explain that to her. People always ask me, "Is there a lot of pressure being related to Britney, someone who is an icon?" And the answer is no, not really. If anything, it's an honor to be the sibling of someone who worked very hard and created a dream and a legacy that will last forever. I'm so proud of Britney for everything that she's been able to accomplish and the impact she's had, not just on pop music but the industry as a whole. And the best part about being a living legend is that it's not finished. There's always more to come.

Glory, Britney's last studio album, came out in 2016. Her fans recently launched a #JusticeForGlory campaign on social media and, through sales and streams, got it to No. 1 on iTunes' Pop Albums chart. Does she have plans for more music in the near future?

I don't really think so. I mean, right now, she's quarantining in L.A. But, in general, she's kind of just relaxing. And I think that's good. Britney deserves that. She's worked her *** off. So if she wants to make another album, great. But if she doesn't feel like it, she doesn't have to. She's given the world a lot. I don't think there are plans for anything — at the moment.

So, she's not retiring?

No, no, no. Obviously, right now, she's just trying to quarantine. She's taking it day by day. And when she wants to make music, she'll make it. I don’t' think you can ever retire someone from their passion.

In 2013, you released "Chillin' With You" with Britney, a duet from her eighth studio album, Britney Jean. Would you ever consider another musical collaboration with your sister?

That was such a fun time, being able to record that together as sisters. But I don't know. It looks like we're going to be in quarantine forever. (Laughs) So I don't know how or when we'd do a follow-up. But, in the future, I'm down for anything with Britney. In the meantime, though, I'm really focused on acting.

Related:

• Love 7
  • Like 1

:fran:

"Does she have plans for more music in the near future?

I don't really think so. I mean, right now, she's quarantining in L.A. But, in general, she's kind of just relaxing. And I think that's good. Britney deserves that. She's worked her *** off. So if she wants to make another album, great. But if she doesn't feel like it, she doesn't have to. She's given the world a lot. I don't think there are plans for anything — at the moment."

• Leader
25 minutes ago, MakeMeFweaky said:

And does she get that? Does she see herself as a living legend?

No, not at all. She just doesn’t. She waves me off and is just like, "Whatever, whatever, whatever." But I still try to explain that to her. People always ask me, "Is there a lot of pressure being related to Britney, someone who is an icon?" And the answer is no, not really. If anything, it's an honor to be the sibling of someone who worked very hard and created a dream and a legacy that will last forever. I'm so proud of Britney for everything that she's been able to accomplish and the impact she's had, not just on pop music but the industry as a whole. And the best part about being a living legend is that it's not finished. There's always more to come.

This is super cute :katycry:

• Love 7

The fact that she says she has still no plans means an album isn't even anytime near. An album planning takes quite some time so it's gonna be at least another year of drought. All those songs she has done so far are legit being thrown away and that's sad...she was confirmed to be working with Tranter again. RIP Glory 2.0

• Like 1

first time I heard her talk about her sister like that.

the interview is good , I feel that all the time ignore  that she is a survivor of the abuse of the paparazzi, the harassment is a crime that she was the only one who paid the consequences, they cannot ignore it, far from feeling sorry, their family would feel proud of it. 

About Britney , I Think she got a lot of potential , a lot of songs, she could be an alanis morissette, or u2, cher or celine, touring during years with the same music but always makes a change into the mixing and dancing, brit is a legend. doesn't make sense to bring new music out if she don't have energy to perform it on promo shows, make interviews, new music videos, i prefer she touring with the more than 200 songs that britney have because in a show she can perform about 20, an ten of them always is like obligatory, so the other ten she can play with that for years. 

• Love 3