This Day In Pop: The Backstreet Boys Release 'Millennium' (May 18, 1999)

• Leader

Today's installment of This Day In Pop: The Backstreet Boys drop their record breaking pop opus exactly 20 years ago.

Exhalers, please feel free to add more special dates to Exhale's Pop Anniversaries Calendar!

Millennium debuts May 18, 1999.

Over two decades since their debut, the Backstreet Boys are thriving. They might not have hits ruling the Billboard Hot 100, but the business behind the pop collective still works just fine. Courtesy of a successful Las Vegas residency, which has raked in nearly $1 million per night, their catchy hits of yesteryears are the ultimate essence of nostalgia. For our latest installment of This Day In Pop, BreatheHeavy took a look at the band’s 1999 blockbuster release, Millennium, the 12-song set that scored five Grammy Award nominations, becoming one of the biggest selling albums of all-time and cemented their legacy in the boy band hall of fame.

Read the full article by @JamesExhale below!

Exhale, what's your favorite song off this legendary album?!

bsb.jpg.e3a77e74740c5ca72d148c6b240bdfdf.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Also Jordan their last album was Nr. 1 in the US and their latest Tour has already grossed 100 million USD despite the Australian, second European and second North American legs being corona cancelled.

So its not just the Vegas show they have going for them + it ended already.

tenor.gif?itemid=15271005

And all that with one member with ****ed up knees that made them alter their choreography and their best singer having a Vocal condition thats so bad he cant even talk properly. I love it when my 90ies faves do well. :pumped: Britney + Christina please come back.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

^ i totally forgot you stan BSB too @The Greatest Show. I'll make sure to take note of that. :barbie:

I actually dont really. My best friend is a rabid BSB fan so I made most of my YT videos for her and then I started getting requests and since those are the videos that are getting the most views I will keep making them. :lollipop: I like them tho. I will always have a soft spot for the bands/singers of my childhood and teen years. Thats why no matter how much I hate on Christina and Britney I will always check on them and see what they are up to.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

I will always have a soft spot for the bands/singers of my childhood and teen years. Thats why no matter how much I hate on Christina and Britney I will always check on them and see what they are up to.

Same omg. I will never turn my backs on them. Ever. :sobbing:

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Jayjukebox said:

So many bops on this! Please bring back 1999! *NSYNC over BSB though, Always!

NSYNC were better dancers but BSBs discography is waay better and doesnt sound as dated. But maybe thats just my opinion because NSYNC was never really as big where I lived. Or because bsb have a lot of ballads and mid tempos that generally age better imo.

• Like 1

this album holds a special place in my heart....my family went on a huge road trip the year this came out - and me and my 2 sisters fought to get this album played while my dad insisted on 'all Beatles all the time' 

I have a strong knowledge and appreciation of the Beatles...and in turn, my dad could easily quote this album after that trip :queenflopga:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block