This Day In Pop: Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea perform "Pretty Girls" at the 2015 BBMA (May 17)

1 minute ago, BritneySpurs said:

It looked like they pre-recorded for two reasons: 1) to showcase & promote POM, and 2) so she wouldn't have the stress of performing live. The entrance thing was an excuse lol. She was prob very nervous but she did perform Womanizer at the Bambi Awards in 2008 and S&M/TTWE at BB Awards in 2011. Not far from 2015.

and yet she performed the following year live, even though that was a POM mini-promo too, and was also nervous as hell.

I think they always do this when they have to perform at a different venue. Well, I'd imagine that the producers of the show wouldn't want to risk a mess during the live transmission by broadcasting a performance from a different place. As I said, the BBMA performance of Slave from back in the day, when she had no problems performing whatsoever, was also pre-recorded, and it was done outside of the theater.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

and yet she performed the following year live, even though that was a POM mini-promo too, and was also nervous as hell.

I think they always do this when they have to perform at a different venue. Well, I'd imagine that the producers of the show wouldn't want to risk a mess during the live transmission by broadcasting a performance from a different place. As I said, the BBMA performance of Slave from back in the day, when she had no problems performing whatsoever, was also pre-recorded, and it was done outside of the theater.

Right but she didn't HAVE to perform in a different venue. They could have easily done the same routine and gotten a little set for the award show. They pre-taped it for the two reasons I listed.

• Love 2

I was obsessed with this song and performance! Britney looked so good and moved so well! It was a obvious promotion for the residency and not the actual single. I think its strange because Iggy recently said that Britney's team wouldn't allow her to promote Pretty Girls further than the video and this performance. I believe she scrapped a lot of material after the single didn't perform as well as the team hoped and i wish i could have heard that because i love the song. Britney shines on stage but i highly doubt the single, the looks, the performance...etc. were any of her idea. She seems like the doesn't even wanna be there like shes just putting in hours at her 9 to 5.

• Love 1

I loved 2015ney the most, she started to feel more comfortable in her own skin again. :yesplease:

I honestly think this was one of the most comfortable and present performances we had from her since like 2008, she looked like she was in her element and that final chorus was ace.

In my opinion, this was better than the 2016 VMAs.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BritneySpurs said:

Right but she didn't HAVE to perform in a different venue. They could have easily done the same routine and gotten a little set for the award show. They pre-taped it for the two reasons I listed.

I actually think they did have to perform at that venue. If I'm correct, I believe she was still under her original 2 years contract, and there were loads of terms that meant she was unable to perform outside the venue etc. Hence why Britney Jean (amongst other reasons I imagine) was so lightly promoted.

I remember a fair few fans dragging this performance at the time. No surprises there. 
I like this performance a lot. Britney seemed really into it and happy to perform it, she looked great, the dancing was decent. 
The fact that it is prerecorded is kind of a bummer, but Team Spears didn’t miss a single opportunity to promote POM so not unexpected.  

• Like 1

This performance is honestly so fun and pretty when u take it for what it is! I think it’s a highlight tbh 

and yeh there’s probs more reasons I could literally FEEL britneys nerves during WB in 2016 so I’m sure her being too anxious to perform it live was a factor in 2015 but in 2016 I can sense they were making her get used to award show performances again. 

15 minutes ago, BabyBabyBay said:

I actually think they did have to perform at that venue. If I'm correct, I believe she was still under her original 2 years contract, and there were loads of terms that meant she was unable to perform outside the venue etc. Hence why Britney Jean (amongst other reasons I imagine) was so lightly promoted.

I think that was just a rumor. Larry made it very clear later that she was able to tour and perform all along, so it was more of a decision not to do so (the "I don't have anything to prove" argument comes to mind).

If any, the exclusivity might've been that she couldn't have another residency or paid concert at Vegas, but awards shows aren't paid.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, BabyBabyBay said:

Hmm that actually make sense... But wasn't that reason so that people would pay to see her at POM? In this case she was performing for the entire country lol. I dunno. Stupid.

I loved the song upon a leak I heard I thought Britney sounded bad *** and Iggy was meh... well anyway the song was exciting for m because I had just joined the fandom in 2014 and that was her most recent release... but h actual realeased song after multiple listen it sounds terrible it’s good one dance club banger but the over production of both Britney and Iggy’s vocals... but the performance was everything and she looked in her element 

• Love 2