This Day In Pop: Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea perform "Pretty Girls" at the 2015 BBMA (May 17)

086.jpg

On May 17, 2015, Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea performed live Pretty Girls for the first time, at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards, from the Axis Theater at Planet Hollywood resort, where Britney used to headline her Piece of Me residency.

The performance was inspired by an 80's theme mixed with space sci-fi outfits and effects, with an entrance that made they look as if they were descending from a spaceship, thus serving as a continuation to the music video of the song, where at the end they're abducted by one.

The performance received mostly positive reviews from viewers and critics. People Magazine said that Spears and Azalea proved they are more than just "pretty girls". Stating "From the moment they touched down on stage, the duo kept the crowd cheering with a fun, colorful performance." Entertainment Weekly also said that "Spears gave one of her most energetic televised performances in years."

Watch below:

088.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

091.jpg

092.jpg

b76628e58b422888f89048cd6ce4d278.jpg

pg.png.c42c8e28c4f58074553011043cdd0f23.png

• Love 6
  • Like 1

in that moment was just iconic, but right now is the type of song that i just skip, i also think that giorgio moroders tom dinners is way better to this one. 

the intention of this performance and the 2016's performances was just to increase the piece of me ticket sales, i went to piece of me show in 2015 the day she breaks her  anker, and the show that day was not sold out, and the days she cancelled also were not sold out. was maybe one of best days of my life, i was in front row!!!

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, vzlafan said:

in that moment was just iconic, but right now is the type of song that i just skip, i also think that giorgio moroders tom dinners is way better to this one. 

the intention of this performance and the 2016's performances was just to increase the piece of me ticket sales, i went to piece of me show in 2015 the day she breaks her  anker, and the show that day was not sold out, and the days she cancelled also were not sold out. was maybe one of best days of my life, i was in front row!!!

omg can i ask,  what was ur reaction when u saw britney fall? :awks:

38 minutes ago, BritneySpurs said:

Weird that was pre-recorded though.

Well, besides that they might've been scared because it was her first performance at an awards show in years, I think it was mostly because a) it was shot at a different venue than the main stage the awards were happening (her Slave performance at the BBMA 2001 was also pre-recorded) and b) because of that silly "never done before" entrance that required the special effects. :yaknow:

Just now, PokemonSpears said:

Well, besides that they might've been scared because it was her first performance at an awards show in years, I think it was mostly because a) it was shot a different venue than the main stage the awards were happening (her Slave performance at the BBMA 2001 was also pre-recorded) and b) because of that silly "never done before" entrance that required the special effects. :yaknow:

It looked like they pre-recorded for two reasons: 1) to showcase & promote POM, and 2) so she wouldn't have the stress of performing live. The entrance thing was an excuse lol. She was prob very nervous but she did perform Womanizer at the Bambi Awards in 2008 and S&M/TTWE at BB Awards in 2011. Not far from 2015.