Britney Jean EP

Blackout2006

album_britney_jean_britney_spears_by_bastianminaj_d6vn6ge-pre.jpgAs much as I don’t like Britney Jean, I would have to admit that the album had ALOT of potential that was ruined by auto-tune, WILL.I.AM, and Myah Marie:yaknow:it could have been a fantastic body of work that would be one of Britney’s best albums:barbie: because let’s be honest, the reason Britney Jean ever existed was because for the promotion of Piece of me residency:gagasmile:So instead of changing its tracklist, instead of it being an official studio effort, I have decided to make Britney Jean an E.P and only choose the songs that were more sonically amazing, beautiful and cohesive and which were actually personal. So here’s my tracklist:

Britney Jean E.P:

1.) Alien

2.) Work Work

3.) Perfume

4.) Till it’s gone 

5.) Passenger

6.) Brightest Morning Star

7.) Don’t cry

8.) Plastic

9.) Hold on tight

Bonus Tracks:

10.) Body Ache

11.) Now that I found you

Annnddddd....this is my tracklist! So here are my choices for singles:lollipop:

Singles:

1st Single: Hold On Tight

2nd Single: Passenger

3rd single: Work work (should be released when the album comes out)

4th single: Plastic/ any other song of the tracklist (Except perfume)

So what do you guys think? Let me know below? How would you arrange the tracklist for Britney Jean E.P? Bye

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Peter Pan said:

You chose hold on tight as a single but it’s not even in your tracklist lol.

the only acceptable EP would’ve been

1 Work ***** (POM Britney vocal version)

2 Alien (Demo version Britney vocals)

3 Perfume

4 Don’t Cry

God nvm me I am such a freaking mess :wontcry: but thx for pointing it out I can now edit it :sendinglove: (I suck with numbers lol:sendinglove:)

It's not Britney's voice on the Plastic demo so how do we know it was a demo for BJ?

And you listed 10 of the 13 songs lol that's basically the whole album.

Having Hold On Tight as the first single and Passenger as the second single would have flopped so hard.

Am I the only one that likes ISBE? Sure her voice is super auto-tuned but that's the sound of the song.

They clearly rushed the album to get it out before POM. If they had taken more time, it probably would have been a good album. They only recorded the 13 tracks I believe so they could have chosen the best songs and finished them a little more. My choices for singles:

1) Work ***** - Great choice for the first single. It's a killer club song and controversial enough to be interesting. Became iconic. Hot video.

2) Perfume - Just with the original video bc the edited video was boring.

3) Alien - One of the best tracks on the album and Britney wanted it as a single. Deserved a video.

4) It Should Be Easy - I don't care who doesn't like it on here, it would have been a radio hit.

5) Tik Tik Boom - Would have been cool to see her release something urban.

Ive actually made my own EP using famade remasters of songs void of Myah. 

THE TRACKLIST

Alien

Brightest Morning Star (interlude) 

Now that Ive Found You

Ooh La La (theme from Smurfs2) 

Passenger feat Sia 

Perfume feat Sia

Brightest Morning Star

Don't Cry

BONUS TRACKS

Perfume (acoustic version) 

Toms Diner 

Does anyone know how much of Chllin Wit You is Myah and how Much is Britney? 

I like this idea, and honestly, they only completed enough content for an EP. The rest may as well be demos/unfinished (like Telephone). My track list would go as follows, with most songs being reworked/remixed.

01. Work *****

02. Passenger

03. Hold On Tight

04. It Should Be Easy

05. Alien

06. Til It’s Gone

07. Don’t Cry 

Singles (in order of release): Til It’s Gone, Hold On Tight, Passenger, Work *****

Til It’s Gone could have been played up due to her split from Trawick (especially if the rollout started earlier). I would make the first half of the year focus on the EP, second half hyping the Vegas residency. Give HOT and Passenger standard single treatment (cool visuals and either live or recorded performances with acoustic mixes) - and announce ‘Britney: Piece of Me’ at the end of the Work ***** video (or following a live performance on “live” television). Oh, and 86 the “most personal album” ****. Just make the work speak for itself. 

On 5/18/2020 at 12:00 AM, BritneySpurs said:

It's not Britney's voice on the Plastic demo so how do we know it was a demo for BJ?

And you listed 10 of the 13 songs lol that's basically the whole album.

Having Hold On Tight as the first single and Passenger as the second single would have flopped so hard.

Am I the only one that likes ISBE? Sure her voice is super auto-tuned but that's the sound of the song.

They clearly rushed the album to get it out before POM. If they had taken more time, it probably would have been a good album. They only recorded the 13 tracks I believe so they could have chosen the best songs and finished them a little more. My choices for singles:

1) Work ***** - Great choice for the first single. It's a killer club song and controversial enough to be interesting. Became iconic. Hot video.

2) Perfume - Just with the original video bc the edited video was boring.

3) Alien - One of the best tracks on the album and Britney wanted it as a single. Deserved a video.

4) It Should Be Easy - I don't care who doesn't like it on here, it would have been a radio hit.

5) Tik Tik Boom - Would have been cool to see her release something urban.

I agree with you. However since the album is personal. I wanted a personal ballad as the lead of the EP to make people understand the direction but maybe yr right and I should switch the positions of hold on tight and passenger. It should have never been record should have never been recorded:mhm: it better suited femme fatale.

On 5/17/2020 at 10:34 AM, Peter Pan said:

You chose hold on tight as a single but it’s not even in your tracklist lol.

the only acceptable EP would’ve been

1 Work ***** (POM Britney vocal version)

2 Alien (Demo version Britney vocals)

3 Perfume

4 Don’t Cry

I absolutely agree with this 100%

however in a complete dream world I would have scrapped all that and had made a L.A.M.B/ Gwen-esque album that was based on brilliant ageless pop nothing edm at all .... Britney and Pharrell = the dream team Justin T stole from us 😂.... with a bang of an album like that she coulda stayed out of the music scene and ran Vegas off that steam until now (2013-2020) as POP is making a comeback with heavy 90’s/00’s vibes which obv creates a perfect storm for Britney brand. And why not? Why contribute to the mass amount of forgetful music we’ve endured over these last years...

This would also mean not having glory which my opinion is (going to get so much hate sorry) it’s forgettable anyway as the album is not necessary for an artist of her caliber and legacy. It’s like we’re all agreeing with Madonna that every other album she has put out since the 80’s has not been deemed necessary in the grand scheme of it all. I love glory and think she did a great job as a deep loyal fan, however I know this album as the best she could do in her circumstances. If she were not with basic songwriters and left over producers and in control of who she can personally hire (regardless of who they are signed with!) we would have been provided with the glory she intended to put out. Under her restrictions there is only so much of her intent that comes to fruition. Long rant ... oops!? :P

On 5/19/2020 at 3:33 PM, BlurredLover said:

I absolutely agree with this 100%

however in a complete dream world I would have scrapped all that and had made a L.A.M.B/ Gwen-esque album that was based on brilliant ageless pop nothing edm at all .... Britney and Pharrell = the dream team Justin T stole from us 😂.... with a bang of an album like that she coulda stayed out of the music scene and ran Vegas off that steam until now (2013-2020) as POP is making a comeback with heavy 90’s/00’s vibes which obv creates a perfect storm for Britney brand. And why not? Why contribute to the mass amount of forgetful music we’ve endured over these last years...

This would also mean not having glory which my opinion is (going to get so much hate sorry) it’s forgettable anyway as the album is not necessary for an artist of her caliber and legacy. It’s like we’re all agreeing with Madonna that every other album she has put out since the 80’s has not been deemed necessary in the grand scheme of it all. I love glory and think she did a great job as a deep loyal fan, however I know this album as the best she could do in her circumstances. If she were not with basic songwriters and left over producers and in control of who she can personally hire (regardless of who they are signed with!) we would have been provided with the glory she intended to put out. Under her restrictions there is only so much of her intent that comes to fruition. Long rant ... oops!? :P

I have a separate thread for that boo:sendinglove: give yr awesome idea over here: 

Now tell me what tracklist would u add to Broccoli Juice EP! :didilie:

First of all, Passenger as a single no way! It’s one of the worst songs she’s ever released! 

Also an EP has to be 6 or less tracks other wise it’s technically an LP! 

1. Work *****

2. Till It’s Gone 

3. Don’t Cry 

4. Perfume 

5. Hold On Tight 

6. Brightest Morning Star 

WB and Don’t Cry as the singles 

Archived