Make Me (OG Vid) Story Concept Theory

So I recently watched the original Make Me video again to witness the absolute serve that it is:praisega: . The first time I watched it back in April last year when it leaked I, like many others were very confused by the story. :ponderney:

however I was watching it today and the story CLICKED FOR ME:ohwut:

it will WOW you so prepare your wigs and ya souls cuz they r about to be SNATCHED.

ok so let’s begin 

so I believe the story starts when Britney and her Boyfriend arrive to their house and see the eviction note. You will see that Britney is wearing a jean jacket (this is important for later.)  Now you’ll also notice they look at the note in disbelief and shock. Next the scene cuts to them entering their house, only this time Britney suddenly is wearing a different outfit that is gold and expensive looking. 

THIS IS BECAUSE IT IS A DAYDREAM. Yes , Britney sees the eviction note and then goes into a daydream about what it would be like if she was rich and famous. 

ok so now let’s get into the house scenes, you’ll notice Britney slowly becomes more and more consumed by the riches and fame and eventually became a prisoner of it (the red boy paint in the cage). She becomes so consumed by it she even plots and attempts to kill her boyfriend to hook up with g eazy. Eventually in her dream she comes to her senses and she saves her boyfriend.

THEN, Britney snaps out of her dream and realizes she does not want the riches and fame and would rather be her authentic self, and instead of being evicted, her boyfriend and her decide to take control of their own destinies and destroy the house ( you will notice she is wearing the jean jacket that she wore in the eviction scene earlier.)

thats it’s ladies and gents I figured it out, there are still some holes in it like why she was at a music video set in the beginning and the fact the song is about ***, and the video is about fame and stuff. 

but then again it’s just my little theory:fu:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. That's why I imagined it to be actually, love it! We still have footage missing tho, hope someday we can see the finished version and not a rough draft :wontcry: Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't LaChapelle say that the leaked version wasn't edited by him?

Her team said there was no real storyline but it's fun to speculate. I think Britney just didn't want something so **** being released. She wore really skimpy outfits and she was topless in the cage minus the paint. I liked the original video a lot - I don't think it even needed a storyline. It was more like art.

3 hours ago, Britney97 said:

The eviction note reads “The tenants Adam and Eve have been found in violation of Eden Resident Conduct Statute 1:16” etc. So Britney was playing Eve? The note also has bible verses Genesis 3:23-24 listed

Fücking lou is everywhere. urgh.

Could make sense! Maybe there are more scenes to fill the plot holes.

We already know there's at least one different scene with the bulldozer, when she's surrounded by her dancers. 

And maybe, just maybe, it was  decided to discard the video NOT because it was too ****, but because Britney / her team didn't want to go with the usual "popstar harmed by fame" concept. Everything makes sense now! 

The concept doesn't completely match the song, but remember the first line "dreaming a mile a minute..." so there's a nod! 

So maybe... 

- She's a popstar, shooting a really **** video

- She goes back to her big house with her boyfriend, falling asleep

- She dreams about being evicted from her house, which represents "Eden" (heaven). 

-All the fancy scenes in her house are obviously a dream, in which she's so rich to have a tiger pet, falls for G-Eazy, kill her boyfriend and then revives him when she understands what she's done. Then she dedices to destroy the house with her dancers and wake up. The cage scene represents her being caged by money and fame. G-Eazy the temptation. 

-When she wakes up, she decides to destroy the house because she understands how easy it is to fall because of fame and money. She choose happiness with her boyfriend, like she doesn't need all that material stuff. 

I know that could be a stretch, but this is the only meaning I could give to the video. 

I wanna know what @Roxxy has to say about it

Ok wow. That was actually a good concept. I had to play the video and read through the main post twice. It actually makes sense. The fame thing. :imacat:

Plus, the additional notes from @Alex_1991 makes it more sensible. :bigkiss: I like that G-Eazy represents Temptation because ngl, but he can get it:mattafact:

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Ok wow. That was actually a good concept. I had to play the video and read through the main post twice. It actually makes sense. The fame thing. :imacat:

Plus, the additional notes from @Alex_1991 makes it more sensible. :bigkiss: I like that G-Eazy represents Temptation because ngl, but he can get it:mattafact:

If I were britney I would have probably thrown my puszy in his face :jj:

Archived