Do you guys think Britney can increase her chart performance with next album and how?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think it’s really easy in this day and age to get a number one but you have to be smart about it.

First: get a good first single with immediate music video drop and radio payola and streaming playlists.

on that day, put out merch with free digital albums and announce a tour/dates in Vegas with free CDs for every ticket.

then, performances and interviews on talk shows, award shows, and anything else she can get on. At this time she should be releasing another single with radio support and announce/release collabs with big artists and not people like Tinasha and Sabi

Also pick a release date for the album that isn’t busy and filled with other releases like they did for glory

then finally, sell autographed CDs online for fans, which should also be done for any of the singles

Getting a number one album or single is easier than ever today, 

If her team just sold digital bundles on her website she would easily debut in the top 10 on the hot 100. Maybe if number 1, but I think that would also take a really good music video, concept, radio support and overall a good song.

look at Doja Cat and Nicki, that remix sold over 60k pure in bundles.

The fact that they are selling all this merch for Oops makes me think they are gonna do merch bundles, assuming her conditions stay the same by the time of her next era. 

I think for a single to have good longevity on the charts it needs good radio support. Period. Look at Don’t Start Now by Dua, it would’ve never climbed to number 2 on the hot 100 if it wasn’t for radio. So Britney definitely needs that , on top of actual promo.

Glory and Britney Jean could’ve debuted at number one with over 200k each if they had did a bundle with her residency. 

personally I don’t care about chart performance, I just want the music to be good, but those are my tips:riri:

im also going to take this time to say what I want b10’s concept to be even though that’s not what this thread is about :riri:

I would love for B10 to be a STATEMENT. Something personal would be nice,. I would love for Britney to make an album like Melodrama or do something experimental, even if the sacrifice is commercial success. I would love her to do something like SAWAYAMA like Rina Sawayama where the lyrics are personal and address her struggles and insecurities, but they are also danceable bops:ramona:

Honestly, I would not want Britney to put out any album of new material while she's still under c-ship. If I were her, I would not. Once out of c-ship, things will be different, the GP will be able to see she truly can handle herself, the album will be even more genuine, interesting, and there'll be even more passion in promo, etc. All of that will only help chart performance and sales.

If they do the same type of promo as the Femme Fatale era. She will definitely get a top 10 debut. They did a lot of promo for Britney Jean but the music video came too late and there were no performances to help it on the first week. But it came close by peaking at #12 on the Hot 100 on it's first week. :imacat:

1 hour ago, Arckangel said:

Honestly, I would not want Britney to put out any album of new material while she's still under c-ship. If I were her, I would not. Once out of c-ship, things will be different, the GP will be able to see she truly can handle herself, the album will be even more genuine, interesting, and there'll be even more passion in promo, etc. All of that will only help chart performance and sales.

This tbh 

She needs to bring a good uptempo first single to get some momentum, then a great sightly controversial music video, and possibly a second strong single before releasing the album.

And of course, promotion, with a few radio and TV interviews, AMAs and a few performances, which should include some live lyrics.

Which is... Impossible for Team Britney. :gelis:

Well, first choose a proper lead single. Based on her strenghts, not those slow tempo tracks. Maybe the most radio friendly track of the album. :duh:

Then, promote it at BIG events, not those random radio festivals. I mean, VMAs, Grammys, Billboard, American Music Awards, if possible, release it on those shows. :pumped:

Give that extra mile (for you lol), yes, promo and planning can give britney to the top of the charts, but this is not the 00's anymore and she needs to connect with the GP and this generation won't buy that mimic she does, she needs bring her LIVE vocals and artistry. The artists who get #1's today are mainly due to the GP support which is way bigger than their fanbase. Britney already has a solid fanbase but we cant take the whole packet. :schoolingtime:

2 hours ago, ItsBritneyB*tch said:

Getting a number one album or single is easier than ever today, 

If her team just sold digital bundles on her website she would easily debut in the top 10 on the hot 100. Maybe if number 1, but I think that would also take a really good music video, concept, radio support and overall a good song.

look at Doja Cat and Nicki, that remix sold over 60k pure in bundles.

The fact that they are selling all this merch for Oops makes me think they are gonna do merch bundles, assuming her conditions stay the same by the time of her next era. 

I think for a single to have good longevity on the charts it needs good radio support. Period. Look at Don’t Start Now by Dua, it would’ve never climbed to number 2 on the hot 100 if it wasn’t for radio. So Britney definitely needs that , on top of actual promo.

Glory and Britney Jean could’ve debuted at number one with over 200k each if they had did a bundle with her residency. 

personally I don’t care about chart performance, I just want the music to be good, but those are my tips:riri:

im also going to take this time to say what I want b10’s concept to be even though that’s not what this thread is about :riri:

I would love for B10 to be a STATEMENT. Something personal would be nice,. I would love for Britney to make an album like Melodrama or do something experimental, even if the sacrifice is commercial success. I would love her to do something like SAWAYAMA like Rina Sawayama where the lyrics are personal and address her struggles and insecurities, but they are also danceable bops:ramona:

how to get radio support?

The day when she start to respect herself, make justice thats the way she can balance the energy, and back to believe herself and doing different now, like beyonce.

Beyonce is the perfect calculator, she make amazing shows, being really **** without been too exposed, she makes you respect her.  without a new record, just making a tour, or concerts , or whatever she could be a hit.

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

Well, first choose a proper lead single. Based on her strenghts, not those slow tempo tracks. Maybe the most radio friendly track of the album. :duh:

Then, promote it at BIG events, not those random radio festivals. I mean, VMAs, Grammys, Billboard, American Music Awards, if possible, release it on those shows. :pumped:

Give that extra mile (for you lol), yes, promo and planning can give britney to the top of the charts, but this is not the 00's anymore and she needs to connect with the GP and this generation won't buy that mimic she does, she needs bring her LIVE vocals and artistry. The artists who get #1's today are mainly due to the GP support which is way bigger than their fanbase. Britney already has a solid fanbase but we cant take the whole packet. :schoolingtime:

If it’s an uptempo song and she’s dancing she won’t be able to give 100% live vocals.

she needs to pull a Beyoncé and have a pre recorded live track for when she’s doing the dance heavy songs. :liberatedaf:.

1 hour ago, KingAnt said:

If it’s an uptempo song and she’s dancing she won’t be able to give 100% live vocals.

she needs to pull a Beyoncé and have a pre recorded live track for when she’s doing the dance heavy songs. :liberatedaf:.

At least Beyonce still takes the work to record the song with current vocals, so if she does playback and sing some parts over it, almost no one will notice. Britney doesn’t even do this job, she puts the record at the respective time playing and you have vocals for 20 years ago coming out of her mouth with almost 40 :beyfedup:

I would love a focused 10th album with bops and visuals. At least 4 music videos. With single performances. More focus on the music/ visuals/ performance. Less focus on a Vegas residency and tour. 
Edit: I don’t want another album under the c-ship. I hope her record label realises they need Britney to be a driving force to have another successful album. Britney does well

streaming. Even the c-ship milks all the albums pre c-ship. They need her energy to be successful. 

47 minutes ago, e-mailmyheart said:

At least Beyonce still takes the work to record the song with current vocals, so if she does playback and sing some parts over it, almost no one will notice. Britney doesn’t even do this job, she puts the record at the respective time playing and you have vocals for 20 years ago coming out of her mouth with almost 40 :beyfedup:

I hope me saying Beyoncé uses pre recorded live vocals as shady and I didn’t intend for it to come off that way. 
I meant it as in britney should take notes from Beyoncé as that way the GP would stop giving her so much **** for lip syncing. Most artists nowadays use pre recorded tracks at award shows (cardi b uses them at award shows all the time). 

I agree that she needs to update the vocals for live performances. We got a taste of that during the 2016 bbma’s for a few of the songs (slave, I love rock’n’roll and toxic). 

Archived