Billboard celebrates 20 years of Oops!... I Did It Again by updating Britney's career sales and streams

• Content Curators

oopsie.png.2a41b061006d88b363b0b786b975b11d.png

In honor of our iconic masterpiece Oops!... I Did It Again,  Billboard posted career sales and streams, check it out it's really interesting. 

U.S. sales of all 15 Spears albums that have hit the Billboard 200 chart, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data:

• 10.7 million, …Baby One More Time
  • 9.2 million, Oops…I Did It Again
  • 4.4 million, Britney
  • 3 million, In the Zone
  • 1.7 million, Circus
  • 1.6 million, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
  • 1 million, Blackout
  • 805,000, Femme Fatale
  • 280,000, Britney Jean
  • 268,000, The Singles Collection
  • 170,000, Playlist: The Very Best of Britney Spears
  • 157,000, Glory
  • 138,000, B in the Mix: The Remixes
  • 60,000, The Essential Britney Spears
  • 30,000, B in the Mix: The Remixes: Vol. 2

Spears has sold 33.8 million albums in the U.S. to date.

As for her most-streamed songs (on-demand audio and video combined) in the U.S.? Here are her top five:

• 448 million, "Toxic"
  • 285 million, "…Baby One More Time"
  • 240 million, "Oops! I Did It Again"
  • 212 million, "Circus"
  • 202 million, "Womanizer"

Spears' songs overall have drawn 3.7 billion on-demand U.S. streams. Plus, her radio reach stands at 25.9 billion in cumulative airplay audience.

Source

• Love 7
  • Like 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Oh my god I love the Survivor shoutout. Good times. :sobbing: I'm happy Rich won but I was sooo rooting for Colleen. She was my fave. Team Pagong! :kyliecry:

Ok back to Oops. I can't that we're still seeing the same f ing numbers for the albums. The same. :lessons: RCA should really do something and provide receipts to update her certifications. :imacat:

• Like 3
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

think another record it has or at least used to have, haven't checked, was that even though Adele's album beat the first week sales by a female artist (or overall), OIDIA still has the biggest first YEAR sales, at least by a female artist.

Even though I like Adele's album too that low key upsets me honestly :sipnstare:

• Love 1

• Content Curators
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

I still don't understand why it's more important what they sell on the first week instead of the overall count

Yes and lets be honest Oops is 20 years old and people still live for that album and honestly even though Adele is or was a big name I don't see her album being remembered the same way honestly.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ronron said:

Um in the zone 1.7 million? What? Last time i checked it was at 2.9 what are they talking about? And glory 138k? Did she really just manage to sell 48k after her first week?? Thats sad

You're reading it wrong. 1.7 is for Circus and so on and so forth. :imacat:

59 minutes ago, Midnight said:

In honor of our iconic masterpiece Oops!... I did it again  Billboard posted career sales and streams, check it out it's really interesting. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9378793/britney-spears-oops-i-did-it-again-ask-billboard-mailbag

Thanks for posting! I thought Oops had reached 10m copies in the US... oh well it’s still close!

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

Thanks for posting! I thought Oops had reached 10m copies in the US... oh well it’s still close!

It hasn't. But Nielsen Soundscan counted shipments as sales. At the time, Oops had already shipped 10 million copies in the US and that's what they based the Diamond certification on. Ccause at the time, their mindset was, the shipments are gonna be sold eventually anyway. :mhm:

It's the same with Femme Fatale getting platinum for shipping 1 million copies. Not sold copies. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

It hasn't. But Nielsen Soundscan counted shipments as sales. At the time, Oops had already shipped 10 million copies in the US and that's what they based the Diamond certification on. Ccause at the time, their mindset was, the shipments are gonna be sold eventually anyway. :mhm:

It's the same with Femme Fatale getting platinum for shipping 1 million copies. Not sold copies. 

This makes sense... Thanks for explaining!:bigkiss:

• Love 2