Watch + Listen to Marina's "Purge The Poison" Music Video + Britney Reference

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Totally agree on that and you’re so lucky you met her. I’ve seen her twice and had tickets to two of her shows last month, but stupid Corona. Yeah I know given the topic and being a Britney fan herself I know there was no Ill will towards picking those lyrics. Would die for a collab but that’s a delusion only for my wildest dreams :tifftear:

We got to the venue super early, it was only a small capacity venue. But i preferred that because i love intimate performances

She came out before the show and was chatting with fans. We didn't have to pay for any kind of M&G.

This is going way back, it was during her Primadonna era. I did have videos on my YouTube but i removed them a year or two ago

• Love 2

I hope we're getting the second coming of The Family Jewels. I stan that album along with Electra Heart, and while Froot is just okay, I can't stand Love + Fear. :hideous: All of the cleverness her lyrics contained, notably from TFJ, was just absolutely nonexistent and it was almost as if she was simply riding trends. Her accent isn't as strong on L+F, and every song sounds like something another artist would have. Also, while I do find the Britney line to be a little cringy, :gagasmile: if it means her going back to her signature sound, I'm here for it. I listened to Oh No! and Numb during my most depressed/ambition crazed days, as well as all of Electra Heart and the unreleased songs like Miss Y and Sinful. I love Hollywood, Oh No!, Power & Control, and S.ex Yeah especially. :barbie: Wasn't Bubblegum ***** basically about Britney though? It contains references to Soda Pop and Dear Diary, at least I think. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Megan Fox. said:

We got to the venue super early, it was only a small capacity venue. But i preferred that because i love intimate performances

She came out before the show and was chatting with fans. We didn't have to pay for any kind of M&G.

This is going way back, it was during her Primadonna era. I did have videos on my YouTube but i removed them a year or two ago

Those are the best venues and best experiences! It was definitely a different experience last two times I saw her because first was at a venue with 1700 capacity and last was 5900 so not as intimate. Even the 1700 was not as intimate but I was towards the front so it felt like it 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, AmorProhibido said:

I hope we're getting the second coming of The Family Jewels. I stan that album along with Electra Heart, and while Froot is just okay, I can't stand Love + Fear. :hideous: All of the cleverness her lyrics contained, notably from TFJ, was just absolutely nonexistent and it was almost as if she was simply riding trends. Her accent isn't as strong on L+F, and every song sounds like something another artist would have. Also, while I do find the Britney line to be a little cringy, :gagasmile: if it means her going back to her signature sound, I'm here for it. I listened to Oh No! and Numb during my post depressed/ambition crazed days, as well as all of Electra Heart and the unreleased songs like Miss Y and Sinful. I love Hollywood, Oh No!, Power & Control, and S.ex Yeah especially. :barbie: Wasn't Bubblegum ***** basically about Britney though? It contains references to Soda Pop and Dear Diary, at least I think. 

Yasssss! Taste! :yesplease: but I do love all of her albums. L+F has a soft spot in my heart even and seeing her perform that album live made me love it more. I do agree that her earlier work is more standout and I am dying for another TFJ. Froot is actually my favorite song of hers and because of that I also really love that album, but recently I’ve been listening to TFJ more and more and have a great appreciation for it. Electra Heart was my favorite in college, but honestly her discography is impeccable in my opinion. And Oh No! Is definitely one of my all time faves. I was shookkkk when she surprise performed it at her concert last year since she didn’t perform it abroad :yesplease:

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Those are the best venues and best experiences! It was definitely a different experience last two times I saw her because first was at a venue with 1700 capacity and last was 5900 so not as intimate. Even the 1700 was not as intimate but I was towards the front so it felt like it 

I'm happy that you got to see her live, she's one of the best live performers I've seen

I haven't really listened to recent stuff but i would definitely go see her again if she came back to the same venue

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Megan Fox. said:

Uh oh, i still have 1

Omg you were so close!! :yesplease: I will have to watch later today cause imma start getting ready for work but omg I would die to see the whole setlist :tifftear: I didn’t see her this era as my first time was during Froot but I wish she had toured the US more 

• Love 2
Just now, Megan Fox. said:

I'm happy that you got to see her live, she's one of the best live performers I've seen

I haven't really listened to recent stuff but i would definitely go see her again if she came back to the same venue

Her last album is not a lot of people’s favorites but the more I listen to it the more I come to love it. I have such an appreciation for all her albums and there’s definitely a mood for each one I always tend to listen to during certain moments

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

And yes! I love, Love, love her. I have all her albums on vinyl and I’ve seen her live and I know you have too cause that’s where we both found out who Allie X is :urite: but yeah I had tickets to see her twice more last month but we all know what happened :kidcries:

Yes that's how I found out about Allie X :urite:(stream ColXtion II :ohwut:) and omg. I've seen the Love+Fear tour twice!

Every single album is so different in its own way and is absolutely amazing. I keep forgetting how amazing Electra Heart is! Power and Control, Lies, Homewrecker :barbie: I UGH her mind 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Omg you were so close!! :yesplease: I will have to watch later today cause imma start getting ready for work but omg I would die to see the whole setlist :tifftear: I didn’t see her this era as my first time was during Froot but I wish she had toured the US more 

Haha okay no worries. My favorite performance was Shampain, i remember hoping that she'd do the acoustic version but she didn't and it was still awesome.

this was the setlist:

Homewrecker
Oh No!
Mowgli's Road
Lies
I Am Not a Robot
Starring Role
The State of Dreaming
Power & Control
Bubblegum *****
Obsessions
Hypocrates
Primadonna
Shampain
Radioactive

Encore:
Teen Idle
Fear and Loathing
Hollywood

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, reecejwilson said:

Yes that's how I found out about Allie X :urite:(stream ColXtion II :ohwut:) and omg. I've seen the Love+Fear tour twice!

Every single album is so different in its own way and is absolutely amazing. I keep forgetting how amazing Electra Heart is! Power and Control, Lies, Homewrecker :barbie: I UGH her mind 

Yassss! I can’t wait for her to get back on the road but just thinking about what happened this year :tifftear: I’ve been listening to Hermit the Frog on loop :lizzie: but yes I need to stream Allie X in full. I’ve only listened to a few songs I added to a Marina L+F playlist I made last year before I knew she was not joining her North American tour 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Megan Fox. said:

Haha okay no worries. My favorite performance was Shampain, i remember hoping that she'd do the acoustic version but she didn't and it was still awesome.

this was the setlist:

Oh I meant from your view cause that is prime real estate :haha: but yeah I would’ve killed to have seen it live :kidcries: I love that album so much. I don’t think I’ve enjoyed someone’s discography that much since BrItney 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, nwonder said:

Yes, I remember you too! you're iconic.

How've you been?

I've been good, so much has changed since i used to be active on here so i wouldn't know where to start lol.

I'm really enjoying this lockdown too, it's given me the chance to catch up on everything i was pushing back

How've you been? you look super cute in your prof pic