Watch + Listen to Marina's "Purge The Poison" Music Video + Britney Reference

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Funny how that was one of the last songs I warmed up to, but I always loved Oh No!, Are You Satisfied?, Hollywood, Obsessions, Mowgli’s Road and Hermit the Frog from the beginning. Can’t say I hate anything she puts out though. I’m super excited for M5 if this is the sound she’s returning to :yesplease:

omg you LOVE TFJ :hugs:

I love hermit the frog 'did you find your ***** in me' :urite: and Shampain too, ugh queen mixing shame and pain to spell champagne :urite:

Obsessions probably got to be my favourite track on the album 'you never told me what it was that made you strong, or what it was that made you weak' 

Her other albums are amazing, Electra Heart and Froot but TFJ remains the OG for me. Love+Fear is a great album but it just doesn't feel like Marina :(

I'm here for the Britney reference. Britney's addressed something similar about how the media tares her down, and now she's on top of the world. 

• Love 1

She's Welsh?? I always thought she was English :idkney:

1 hour ago, Slave_4_u said:

I just hate that her head shaving incident is now immortalized forever in a song....that really sucks like I’m sure she would love for everyone to forget about it and stop talking about it, this doesn’t help. 

It sucks, however it is hard to make a 2007 themed pop song without acknowledging that event. The fact that she didn't care about explaining the reasons to anyone ("it wasn't anyone's bussiness") only makes it/her more iconic :cigney:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I like Marina, Primadonna is my favorite album of hers and I like a handful of songs from her last two projects.....not super thrilled she’s talking about the head shaving incident! I feel like talking about it is slightly disrespectful. From the title of this thread I was thinking her new song sampled a Britney song, not that she talks about her.  

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Welsh singer-songwriter and producer Marina Diamandis known mononymously  as Marina teased lyrics to a possible new song which name dropped Britney. A self-proclaimed Britney fan, Marina has dropped Britney tributes at her concerts and even met her at Piece of Me in Vegas. She even cancelled a show of her own to attend and meet Britney. A queen supporting a queen :mimiclap: anyways here are the quarantine inspired lyrics to possible title off M5 “ Purge the Poison.” 

“2007 when size zero was the rage

Britney shaved her head and all we did was call her crazed

Harvey Weinsten’s gone to jail 

‘Me Too’ went on to unveil

Truth in all it’s glory

The ending of a story 

It’s a new world order

Everything just falls away

Our life as we knew it

Now belongs to yesterday” 

It gives me The Family Jewels (her underrated debut album) vibes and I’m here for it. Not too thrilled we are still discussing that incident, but I do appreciate she mentions people just worrying about calling her crazy and not actually seeing the person suffering underneath. 

Anyways, what do we think? Any other Marina stans on here? Let’s talk :yesplease:

image.jpeg.6bdb188c6b6eef7bd3f48d17dfe6cad7.jpeg

rsz_20200515_151310.jpg.39d262670cbbc0748f840ea156b986d9.jpg

She is a huge fan of Britney herself:yaknow: she even said “Electra heart” was inspired mainly from blackout

5 hours ago, reecejwilson said:

omg you LOVE TFJ :hugs:

I love hermit the frog 'did you find your ***** in me' :urite: and Shampain too, ugh queen mixing shame and pain to spell champagne :urite:

Obsessions probably got to be my favourite track on the album 'you never told me what it was that made you strong, or what it was that made you weak' 

Her other albums are amazing, Electra Heart and Froot but TFJ remains the OG for me. Love+Fear is a great album but it just doesn't feel like Marina :(

I'm here for the Britney reference. Britney's addressed something similar about how the media tares her down, and now she's on top of the world. 

And yes! I love, Love, love her. I have all her albums on vinyl and I’ve seen her live and I know you have too cause that’s where we both found out who Allie X is :urite: but yeah I had tickets to see her twice more last month but we all know what happened :kidcries:

• Love 2
3 hours ago, pieceofbritUK said:

She's Welsh?? I always thought she was English :idkney:

It sucks, however it is hard to make a 2007 themed pop song without acknowledging that event. The fact that she didn't care about explaining the reasons to anyone ("it wasn't anyone's bussiness") only makes it/her more iconic :cigney:

Yup she was born in Brynmawr, Wales and her mom is Welsh too :urite: but yeah unfortunately that was a big event in 2007 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I like Marina, Primadonna is my favorite album of hers and I like a handful of songs from her last two projects.....not super thrilled she’s talking about the head shaving incident! I feel like talking about it is slightly disrespectful. From the title of this thread I was thinking her new song sampled a Britney song, not that she talks about her.  

Omg I just reread my title and it does sound like that. I’m sorry I was tired and couldn’t put into words what I wanted to say “Marina Mentions Britney In New Song Lyrics” but too late now. I’m not too thrilled about it either but that was the biggest event whether we like it or not that year for us anyways. I don’t think it was done in a negative way but unfortunately it fits the theme of the song 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Love Marina, me and my sister met her before going to see her show in my city and she was so kind and sweet

She's always been a huge fan of Britney too so i doubt there was any bad intentions behind those lyrics.

She obviously just wanted to cover some of the most controversial subjects given those other things mentioned

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Megan Fox. said:

Love Marina, me and my sister met her before going to see her show in my city and she was so kind and sweet

She's always been a huge fan of Britney too so i doubt there was any bad intentions behind those lyrics.

She obviously just wanted to cover some of the most controversial subjects given those other things mentioned

Totally agree on that and you’re so lucky you met her. I’ve seen her twice and had tickets to two of her shows last month, but stupid Corona. Yeah I know given the topic and being a Britney fan herself I know there was no Ill will towards picking those lyrics. Would die for a collab but that’s a delusion only for my wildest dreams :tifftear:

• Love 1
  • Like 1