Watch + Listen to Marina's "Purge The Poison" Music Video + Britney Reference

20 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

the album is going to be very political and anthemic, which is a shame because I like her more personal songs. Lately, she's had this tendency of stringing together very general, surface level one-liners when it comes to social commentary in her lyrics. I feel like she used to be a lot more witty and go more in-depth. I'm still mega excited nevertheless

Yeah I completely agree. She had politcial lines since the beginning of her career and I have some serious favourites that opened my eyes as a teen like "TV told me how to feel/ Now real life has no appeal". But this song - especially after Man's World which speaks about the same thing also - is just too straightforward and boring in my humble opinion (like the lines "All my friends are witches" and etc, it even comes off as too try-hard to me). I love her and really look forward to her new album and I hope I can still change my mind about PTP somehow:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

OMG, this is incredible!!! :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: I'm getting The Family Jewels meets FROOT. As I've said before, I really do like LOVE + FEAR, but it was weird seeing Marina that bland and dull (compared to her previous eras), so seeing Marina back in her signature camp-filled element is making me so freakin' happy. This is everything I could ever ask for and more. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: The vocals, the melodies, the music video... It's all so campy and signature Marina. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 2

I wish this song was more about human nature and the corrupt system we live in, instead of the unrealistic shallow way of thinking that female power will heal the world.

Women are humans too, which means they are capable of being corrupted and evil as man and can destroy planet eath.

Aslong as the system allows humans to abuse power, this will continue weather its men or women..

But its still an amazing song ive listened to it 20 times already!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

OMG, this is incredible!!! :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: I'm getting The Family Jewels meets FROOT. As I've said before, I really do like LOVE + FEAR, but it was weird seeing Marina that bland and dull (compared to her previous eras), so seeing Marina back in her signature camp-filled element is making me so freakin' happy. This is everything I could ever ask for and more. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: The vocals, the melodies, the music video... It's all so campy and signature Marina. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I caved and ordered all three cassettes :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: she shook me with this song :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1

It's not a bad song, but she has so many amazing tracks that this one does not shine in comparison. And the lyrics are not subtle, nor very clever.

I am a big Marina fan, so I am hyped nonetheless. The title of the album is great!

• Love 1
  • 1 month later...