Britney Spears Choreographer Brian Friedman's Exhale AMA

Hi Brian! :cuteidk:
Enough about work, time for some fun! My question is... What is your favorite behind the scenes memory with Britney? This could either be from a video, touring, or just hanging out. Just something fun that you’ll always remember about your time together. 

Thank you for your amazing talent! You have created some of the most amazing visuals and choreography this generation has ever witnessed! This fan base is forever grateful:yay:

• Love 5
  • Like 2

Wow! Didn't know he had a profile here but it must be just because of this but anyways, since many of the things Im curious about have already been asked, in order to not sound repetitive, my questions are...... 

1. When you worked with Britney, in 2000, 2001, 2003 & 2011, who reached out to you? Was it Britney's assistant, Larry, someone else from her team or britney herself, who established the contact before gettin to work? 

2. After 2011, have you intend to work with her again? 

3. If you get to work with her again, what would like the final result to look like? 

4. Is there a britney song you wish you would could have choreographied? Im sure there is one, or some, or a bunch of them..... :uknowit:

Thank you for those iconic choreos, hope my questions get to be answered, I wish you and Wade workes with her again so ****** bad!! :wontcry:

this fanbase loves you sweetie :hugs:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

:OMGney:

:umwtf: what?

I'm from India and snakes mean completely different.

We say that every person has feminine and masculine energy and every person has a snake coiled up in them which represents the feminine energy and once it rises it goes through the whole spine and then neck and then becomes a flower on the head.:shocked:

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, generation glory said:

Questions for Brian Friedman.

1. Is it true that Britney’s dance double filled in to dance for her in some scenes in the HIAM mv or is it truly 100% Britney dancing throughout the entire mv? (No, I’m not talking about the paint scenes or the Britney vs. Britney fight scene. I’m talking about the dance scenes toward the end/last chorus of the song).

https://www.tmz.com/2011/02/02/britney-spears-dance-body-double-choreography-new-music-video-hold-it-against-me/

2. Is it true that dance double used to do the back bend in TTWE mv? Is it because of Britney’s knee injury or something else?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/bizarre/476997/is-it-brit-he-or-britney-spears/

3. I’m sure you’ve noticed the change in Britney’s dancing since 2008. Why do you think she dances the way she does now compared to 2008 and compared that to when you worked with her earlier in her career? 

4. Did you suspect Britney’s team of handlers were pushing her to “comeback” too soon in 2008 and then continue having her go out to tour in 2011, mainly for their own motives that weren’t benefiting Britney the woman or her long term recovery? Or did she want to tour in 2009 & 2011 AND do you feel she was ready to be back in the spotlight (Circus era) so soon after such a traumatic and highly publicized breakdown?

5. Did Britney ever personally tell you, on the down low, how she feels about the conservatorship & those apart of her tightly controlled circle now?

6. Were you bothered by Britney’s “I’m a mother now” statement?

7. Would you work with Britney in the future & if so, under what conditions?

8. What’s your favorite or funniest memory of Britney onstage and off stage?

9. Was there a Britney video you wish you would’ve choreographed or danced in?

10. What are your thoughts on the #FreeBritney movement?

* I added story source links for reference.

I’m just gonna re ask all these questions cause they covered all the bases :demi:

• Haha 1

Watch all of the conservatorship questions being avoided :gagasmile:

My question is when are you going to post the Hold It Against Me breakdown rehearsal :liar: and what happened that it was replaced for that chair during the Femme Fatale Tour.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, generation glory said:

Questions for Brian Friedman.

1. Is it true that Britney’s dance double filled in to dance for her in some scenes in the HIAM mv or is it truly 100% Britney dancing throughout the entire mv? (No, I’m not talking about the paint scenes or the Britney vs. Britney fight scene. I’m talking about the dance scenes toward the end/last chorus of the song).

https://www.tmz.com/2011/02/02/britney-spears-dance-body-double-choreography-new-music-video-hold-it-against-me/

2. Is it true that dance double used to do the back bend in TTWE mv? Is it because of Britney’s knee injury or something else?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/bizarre/476997/is-it-brit-he-or-britney-spears/

3. I’m sure you’ve noticed the change in Britney’s dancing since 2008. Why do you think she dances the way she does now compared to 2008 and compared that to when you worked with her earlier in her career? 

4. Did you suspect Britney’s team of handlers were pushing her to “comeback” too soon in 2008 and then continue having her go out to tour in 2011, mainly for their own motives that weren’t benefiting Britney the woman or her long term recovery? Or did she want to tour in 2009 & 2011 AND do you feel she was ready to be back in the spotlight (Circus era) so soon after such a traumatic and highly publicized breakdown?

5. Did Britney ever personally tell you, on the down low, how she feels about the conservatorship & those apart of her tightly controlled circle now?

6. Were you bothered by Britney’s “I’m a mother now” statement?

7. Would you work with Britney in the future & if so, under what conditions?

8. What’s your favorite or funniest memory of Britney onstage and off stage?

9. Was there a Britney video you wish you would’ve choreographed or danced in?

10. What are your thoughts on the #FreeBritney movement?

* I added story source links for reference.

You are :praisega:

4 minutes ago, ILuvMe said:

Watch all of the conservatorship questions being avoided :gagasmile:

My question is when are you going to post the Hold It Against Me breakdown rehearsal :liar: and what happened that it was replaced for that chair during the Femme Fatale Tour.

Omg! Good question, I didn't remember that :clap1:

Thank you so much for doing this!! @BrianFriedman

And thank you @JordanMiller for making this happen.

First off, I hope you know that you are responsible for many gay boys coming of age with the "Slave 4 U" routine. My 2001 self was in awe of every shimmy, bend and snap, hip writhing body sashay Britney performed on that MTV stage many moons ago. My question is: Did you realize that it was going to be iconic when in rehearsals for it? Or were you surprised by the impact the whole belly dancing aspect of it had on the entire industry and a generation?

And another a quick question, growing up who did you stan (pop star or otherwise)?

Thank you!!

Much love from Exhale and the Internet

:makeitrain:

• Love 1

1. What valuable career / life lessons have you learned from working with Britney? 

2. What is a memory of Britney or of being on tour with her that is special to you? 

3. Where did you draw inspiration from when you created the video treatment for Toxic? You have said in interviews that most of this choreography was created the day of the shoot. Do you always procrastinate with your choreography, and do you find that you put out a better result when working under pressure? 

4. What choreography / video in pop music do you wish you had created but didn’t, and why?

5. Any chance you’ll ever work with Britney again? Why was the Femme Fatale era your last time working with her? What future projects do you have lined up that you can talk about?

6. What is your husband Daniel’s favorite choreography or video of yours, and his favorite Britney song? 

7. If you could go back and correct a mistake or improve on something in your career, what would it be and why? 

8. What has been the most rewarding and challenging parts of working in the music industry? 

Thank you so much for your time Brian. You are truly an icon and have been such an inspiration to me as a choreographer and a dancer. Keep on dancing! ❤️🎶 

music video im a slave 4 u GIF

• Like 1

Why did you stop working with Britney on her Femme Fetal Tour and never worked since then?

Do you have anything Britney related thats unreleased?

Do you have the studio version of her Oops remix at the VMAs?

Did Britney ever shot a video thats never been released?

• Love 1

Hi Brian! Thanks for doing this

My question is: are you allowed to release the full Hold It Against Me rehearsal or even other songs' rehearsals from that era? If so, could you do it?

And one last question, could you tell us the reason why the breakdown on Hold It Against Me was replaced with the electric chair hairflip moment?

• Love 1
  • Like 4

-Is there an artist you’d like to see Britney collaborate with, if you got the chance to choreograph their video?

-Do you have a favorite pop song that you think could’ve totally been Britney’s?

-Is there a music video you think Britney would’ve just killed the choreography to?

-Do you prefer choreographing for videos or dancing on tour?

-Do you have a favorite music video that you’d watch as a kid, and feel that it helped inspire you to where you are today?  (I’m not a dancer but Janet Jackson’s ‘If’ music video would always give me the feels as a kid)

janet jackson GIF
Thanks for doing this!!  :whiteladydance:

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Hi Brian!

Is it safe to say that Slave is your favorite Britney choreography / the one you're most proud of?

So my question is, what is your #2 fave? Is it Overprotected?

As an Overprotected stan for almost 19 years now, I have to thank you for your work in that song/music video. I've performed it on top of my bed, in the shower, on top of a table, in the garden, in the kitchen, basically everywhere except in front of a large crowd. :blol:

You're part of the biggest and most iconic Britney era - the Britney album.

So in behalf of the self titled 2001 stans, and all the Overprotected stans on Exhale - THANK YOU, BRIAN! 💜🧡💛

CC: @CrazyButItFeelsAllright @DignifiedLove @blackoutbixxh @Mattyj7883 @PokemonSpears @Dark.Knight @AmorProhibido @ShatteredBoy @OopsOverprotected @Alex_1991 @HauntedCircus @Peter Pan @ChrisJeanSpears

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Hi Brian!

Is it safe to say that Slave is your favorite Britney choreography / the one you're most proud of?

As an Overprotected stan for almost 19 years now, I have to thank you for your work in that song/music video. I've performed it on top of my bed, in the shower, on top of a table, in the garden, in the kitchen, basically everywhere except in front of a large crowd. :blol:

So in behalf of the self titled 2001 stans, and all the Overprotected stans on Exhale - THANK YOU, BRIAN! 💜🧡💛

CC: @CrazyButItFeelsAllright @DignifiedLove @blackoutbixxh @Mattyj7883 @PokemonSpears @Dark.Knight @AmorProhibido @ShatteredBoy @OopsOverprotected @Alex_1991 @HauntedCircus @Peter Pan @ChrisJeanSpears

Mr D Yes GIF by CBC
anigif_enhanced-24432-1450734898-2.gif?d

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Hi Brian!

Did he also choreograph the Darkchild Remix?

• Brian, did you also choreograph the Darkchild Remix? :gagasmile:

• Would you mind choreographing Bombastic Love? :yesplease:
  • Love 3
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Hi Brian!

ba8182c983d23f9ead968429d1e9aa80.gifA LITERAL MASTERPIECE! 
We’d love to have you as a member of our exclusive group! :duadance:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Did he also choreograph the Darkchild Remix?

UGHHH THANK YOUUU. :yesplease: I wanted to ask that too :yasqueen: but i'm not sure cause I have like a vague memory about Britney choreographing that one but I can't remember where or how did I know that. :deadbanana: I just have it in my brain and I'm too lazy to search the internet for receipts. :imacat:

• Love 1
  • Like 1