Dr. Fauci says there's "virtually no chance [COVID-19] will be eradicated"

• Leader

So many of us want to go back to the life we knew before, but it doesn't appear that'll be happening any time soon. 

Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the lead members of the Trump Administration's White House Coronavirus Task Force addressing the COVID-19 pandemic, says there's "virtually no chance" the Coronavirus will be eradicated. 

"So, unlike the virus SARS, back in 2002, when we had an outbreak of about 8,000 people and close to 800 deaths, and then the virus just essentially petered out by good public health measures by the simple reason that it wasn't efficiently or effectively transmitted from one person to another," Fauci said.

He added: "It is so transmissible, and it is so widespread throughout the world, that even if our infections get well-controlled and go down dramatically during the summer, there is virtually no chance it will be eradicated," Fauci said of the novel coronavirus. 

People traveling is one of the biggest hurdles to stopping the virus from spreading.

"There will be infections in the Southern Hemisphere, in South Africa, in Argentina, places like that," Fauci said. "And with the travel, the global travel, every single day, of literally hundreds of thousands of people coming into the United States every day from all over, there's no chance we're going to be virus-free."

It's not all bad news, though. 

Scientists are developing vaccines at a record pace, but they won't be able for another 12 to 18 months by the most optimistic estimates.

"Now, even if the virus goes down dramatically in June and July and August, as the virus starts returning in the fall, it would be in my mind, shame on us if we don't have in place all of the mechanisms to prevent it from blowing up again," Fauci added. "In other words, enough testing to test everybody that needs to be tested. Enough testing so that when someone gets infected, you could immediately do contact tracing and isolation to prevent the infection from going to a couple of infections to hundreds of infections. That's how you control an outbreak."

It's been a minute since we've all checked in about how we feel about this pandemic. What's going through your mind, Exhale?

coronavirus.jpg

This has been known all along though. SARS was a very special case; most viruses are never eradicated. Hence why the flu returns every single year.

The implication of the headline though is that life will never be the same; but it will be! There are countless viruses in existense. Most of them are hardly noticed bc of vaccines and herd immunity. 

The same will be the case with corona. It may never disappear, but it will stop affecting us God willing as soon as people are vaccinated/immunized.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Leader
50 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

Do not trust this man! This documentary is being removed from all social media platforms including YouTube! He's the reason! This rachet world star website is the only website where it hasn't been removed. #Plandemic 

https://m.worldstarhiphop.com/android/video.php?v=wshhzwYa4049JCE0NiUM

That documentary presented a lot of misinformation though :well: 

• Like 1

Yes it is going to stick around. We been knew. But the vaccine probably won’t take care of every strain, just like the flu vaccine. I’m no vaccine expert but I’ve never gotten the flu shot. It doesn’t take care of the latest strains. Hopefully the vaccine for covid will at least protect us from the most harmful strains

On 5/11/2020 at 11:25 PM, DonoDotto said:

This has been known all along though. SARS was a very special case; most viruses are never eradicated. Hence why the flu returns every single year.

The implication of the headline though is that life will never be the same; but it will be! There are countless viruses in existense. Most of them are hardly noticed bc of vaccines and herd immunity. 

The same will be the case with corona. It may never disappear, but it will stop affecting us God willing as soon as people are vaccinated/immunized.

Several medical experts described vaccines against coronaviruses as unnecessary or even dangerous. Indeed, the vaccine against the so-called swine flu of 2009, for example, led to sometimes severe neurological damage and lawsuits in the millions.

20 minutes ago, whoisit said:

Several medical experts described vaccines against coronaviruses as unnecessary or even dangerous. Indeed, the vaccine against the so-called swine flu of 2009, for example, led to sometimes severe neurological damage and lawsuits in the millions.

30 minutes ago, whoisit said:

This doctor keeps fear mongering, the reasons so many Americans die is due too poor diets, vitamin shortages and being overweight. Also the healthcare system isn’t a system it’s an second economy in the states so that doesn’t help either. 

https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/

Omg stop! I sincerely hope you don't represent most of the #freebritney movement because otherwise girl will never be free.

:tired:

It is fine to be skeptical of health professionals but please don't spout out info that is mostly hypothetical and/pr that has yet to be proven as fact. There are many immunocompromised people, the elderly and frontline health care workers who are dying and/or having to watch people die from this disease daily.

Regardless of what you think please do not spread misinformation that could lead to the unnecessary death of people who want to live. If you don't believe it exists please feel free to volunteer on the frontlines and sign a waiver form that relieves doctors and nurses from having to help you should you get ill.

:sneer:

47 minutes ago, glorytotheworld said:

Omg stop! I sincerely hope you don't represent most of the #freebritney movement because otherwise girl will never be free.

:tired:

It is fine to be skeptical of health professionals but please don't spout out info that is mostly hypothetical and/pr that has yet to be proven as fact. There are many immunocompromised people, the elderly and frontline health care workers who are dying and/or having to watch people die from this disease daily.

Regardless of what you think please do not spread misinformation that could lead to the unnecessary death of people who want to live. If you don't believe it exists please feel free to volunteer on the frontlines and sign a waiver form that relieves doctors and nurses from having to help you should you get ill.

:sneer:

Did you even read the link? Clearly you didn’t because the page is full of references to valid doctors and documents. Also i do a form of frontline work so don’t come at me.

1 hour ago, whoisit said:

Did you even read the link? Clearly you didn’t because the page is full of references to valid doctors and documents. Also i do a form of frontline work so don’t come at me.

Oh really? a form of frontline work, hmm? like what?

If its something to do with anyone vulnerable then you are potentially dangerous.

Who cares what some doctor's say, you're going to ignore the WHO and the majority of health professionals working in the frontlines fighting this thing? Unless you are a doctor please sit down and if you are a RN I pray for your patients.

I don't know what state or country you are from but I guarantee you in a post covid world new laws are going to be drawn up to charge people working in essential services with negligence and other forms of f*ckery for ignoring the law because as of these past few days many  doctors are still learning about this thing and there could be multiple strains this disease has not been contained or figured out.

:holduplisten:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block