Nicki Minaj getting a #1: As a fellow Barb this is truly tragic that it has to be this late in the career (discussion)

I wouldn’t say it’s tragic because of how late it happened, the later in your career the harder it is I think, if anything epic that went 10 years without a #1 and finally got one, becoming ine of her biggest achievements. If anything it would be tragic for being because of a subpar remix of a song that would possibly go #1 with or without the remix.

I’m honestly surprised it’s taken THIS long to get a number one!  Say what you want to but she’s had some good songs. However, as much as I like some of her stuff, her attitude and arrogance has changed that.  She comes off so cocky and has talked so much 💩 about people.  Congrats to her though.  Not everyone can be humble as Brit.  :goat:

Spoiler

i do think she's coattail riding but are we really sure Say So wouldve gone number one without her? 

after thinking about it, the barbz have been working their ***** off doing streaming and VPN manipulation, I think if this remix hadn't come out the Savage Remix would have gone number one, and now this week it's either going to be 6ix9ine or Justin and Ariana :eheeek:

there's a ton of newer music coming out right now I can't really see the solo Say So song going number one by itself

9 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

i do think she's coattail riding but are we really sure Say So wouldve gone number one without her? 

after thinking about it, the barbz have been working their ***** off doing streaming and VPN manipulation, I think if this remix hadn't come out the Savage Remix would have gone number one, and now this week it's either going to be 6ix9ine or Justin and Ariana :eheeek:

there's a ton of newer music coming out right now I can't really see the solo Say So song going number one by itself

Hun everyone and their Mom is about that song right now (it's good, but I personally don't think it's THAT good).

All the gays are about it.

All the straighties I know are about it.

It was doing crazy well before Nicki.

• Like 1
Just now, Britney'sBish said:

Hun everyone and their Mom is about that song right now (it's good, but I personally don't think it's THAT good).

All the gays are about it.

All the straighties I know are about it.

It was doing crazy well before Nicki.

yeah i know its super hyped up  and popular but it seemed like the hype peaked about a month ago and was slowly dying down before the remix came out. 

i just can't see the solo song jumping 6 positions to number one and beating the massively popular Beyonce Savage remix without the crazy support of the barbz 

12 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

yeah i know its super hyped up  and popular but it seemed like the hype peaked about a month ago and was slowly dying down before the remix came out. 

i just can't see the solo song jumping 6 positions to number one and beating the massively popular Beyonce Savage remix without the crazy support of the barbz 

I dunno, it's not like they helped get her #1's before?

Either way I'm happy with the outcome.

I think it’s amazing that Nicki is still so big in the music industry enough to where after ten years she lands at number one... I think it makes perfect sense, because she is Doja’s biggest inspiration. Nicki was pretty controversial throughout her career and has made being a female rapper the new norm. So I’m extremely proud of her. I’ll be even more excited if she lands a number one on her own track. Yeah I think Say So was doing well on its own, but I love the remix as well, and I think Nicki just helped it climb its way to the top.. was definitely expecting Savage to be number one, but this was a pleasant surprise. Though I do hope Savage still get its spot at number one being that I’m from Houston, and we LOVE us some Megan and Beyonce... I stan them all.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block