Have an idea to improve Exhale?

• Leader
2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

A low data mode/toggle/theme that turned off or reduced images or something would be nice 

This is a great suggestion. I saw a developer recently released a theme for IPB that was light and dark mode. Super light-weight. I'm not sure how I could disable images for that theme though. GIFs and ads are what slow the site down considerably. But I do love this idea. I'll look into this. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's not suuper important, but it'd be great if we could edit the calendar events, like changing the title, or the content, or the date if it's mistaken, or the cover picture.

First off, everything you guys write to me is important. :)

Are you talking about editing someone else's event that they added? Or your own? 

Also something that really IS bothering me lately, is how I need to click so many times to get to the Britney forum.

You mean if you're on the homepage, clicking the Navigation >> Forums >> Britney Spears?

Yea, that kind of is a lot of steps. I just assumed people would bookmark the forums they want to visit :cuteidk:

Speaking of... I could implement a Bookmark feature. It wouldn't bookmark the BS Forum, but you could bookmark member's posts you want to revisit later. Then you would have a tab in your profile that says "Bookmarks" and you go there and see a list of posts you saved. 

but it just doesn't feel natural to click on it. I'm already too used to always clicking on the Exhale icon on top of the page to go back to Home, but once there, I can't no longer go to the Britney forum in one click. In the old Exhale we would have the different forums right there, or in this new Exhale we would have the latest/hottest topics with the forum they belonged to underneath the title (usually there would be at least one from Britney forum) so in just one click I was back in the Britney forum, but now I have to go to that side bar on the left, and I know it sounds silly but those little things really affect my experience, especially when I'm here almost every day and I'm already used to things working a certain way

I could actually put the forums back on the homepage underneath all of the topics, but I figured it would look messy. I am trying to simplify simplify simplify. If we had the Britney forum on the homepage, it would include ALL the forums which there's like 15 now. It's definitely food for thought though on how I can make navigation easier. 

• Leader
1 hour ago, Marlean said:

Make it easier to enter your favourite forum. The forum you mostly visits should get a link up on the page. 

This is an interesting concept. If there's a way to track what forums members are visiting most, when they visit the homepage they see that forum specifically for them at the top. 

What if I added an icon to the main navigation that linked y'all to the Forums page? 

Something like this?

forum.jpg.ccbebe49c8fdd9321a34e6022123f6e8.jpg

• Leader
4 minutes ago, fays1 said:

I used to know what thread I already viewed and clicked on because it changes color, it helped alot with finding new threads. Why is that recently gone?

I took it out because I thought it looked kinda messy, but tbh I did like seeing immediately what links I had or hadn't clicked on. 

I put it back in. Only now all links are pink, and if you clicked on one it'll turn to white for you. Let me know what you guys think. :)

• Leader
22 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Well, it wasn't censored when I created my account, it clearly asked me to see if I have the level to be here to write the missing word on "It's Britney, _______!" so

:frenchy::haha:

Lmao yea that was the old Question + Answer challenge. It's since changed though. I have to change them once a week or so so Bots don't infiltrate. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

This is an interesting concept. If there's a way to track what forums members are visiting most, when they visit the homepage they see that forum specifically for them at the top. 

What if I added an icon to the main navigation that linked y'all to the Forums page? 

Something like this?

forum.jpg.ccbebe49c8fdd9321a34e6022123f6e8.jpg

Omg I dream to have the same number of notifications... :OMGney:

If I have a little feedback, it's just that I find the forum a little too pinky/violet. I like that color-gradient UI design style, but links, usernames and many UI elements are too pinky. That's all for me for now. :comingthru:

• Leader
8 hours ago, Cheshire-B said:

It must be the last website on earth where we can't edit or delete our own post.

It's actually really common for forums or sites that feature user-generated content to disable the delete feature. It's a bit of a different animal than social media where you can delete your content. When discussions are the primary feature, it's not the best idea to be able to allow members to delete at will. But I hear you though. I am weighing the options. 

It's also very hard to navigate en mobile, mostly because of ads being too big. 

Can you PM me a screen shot? Tbh I feel like the ads are pretty run of the mill in terms of size and placement. 

But other than those details I really loved what exhale has become as a website ! The reactions buttons are such a good idea sometimes when I'm on other forums I want to use it but it's not there. :tifftear:

Interesting! I was actually considering removing all of them except either a thumbs up or a thumbs down. I'm not sure how I feel about having so many options. Either you like the post or you don't :tiffcackle: I have held off though because of a potential revolt :kidcries:

• Like 1
  • Leader
1 minute ago, MSTAR said:

Omg I dream to have the same number of notifications... :OMGney:

If I have a little feedback, it's just that I find the forum a little too pinky/violet. I like that color-gradient UI design style, but links, usernames and many UI elements are too pinky. That's all for me for now. :comingthru:

Bahaha.

In terms of colors, what would you rather see? Less pink in what spots? 

16 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Bahaha.

In terms of colors, what would you rather see? Less pink in what spots? 

The pink color is everywhere lol: quote/spoil UI elements, Submit Reply button, the "Go directly up" button, the HOT! Replies, Quote/Options/Edit/Give buttons, link etc. Why not colors like Blue gradient, Green gradients, White gradients etc. Or maybe let the user choosing the accent color for the UI, just like on Windows for example (I know it's a feature that needs time and a lot of work is needed).

1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Are you talking about editing someone else's event that they added? Or your own? 

yeah I was talking about editing my own events, like how you can edit your threads

even comments on the events can't be edited right now

1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Only now all links are pink,

you keep seeing it pink :orangu:

• Haha 1
  • Leader
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Plus, can you also remove “featured topics”

This is the meat and potatoes of the homepage. These are the topics we want guests to view. :teigen:

As for the Popular Now. I decided to remove that from the homepage because it was very confusing for guests who aren't familiar with the site or members. Imagine going to a site and the first thing you see are three threads about people and topics you have no idea about. 

However I do agree with you that it's awesome to include what's trending on Exhale. I need to think of a way to seamlessly include that again bc I do find that important. It's also empowering to members to choose what shows up on the homepage. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block