Have an idea to improve Exhale?

• Leader

Hey team,

I want to start by saying thank you. Working on Exhale these last several months has been such exciting and fulfilling work. I am truly grateful for all your support.

If you are an Exhaler, I want you to know how appreciative I am. You guys left 30-THOUSAND comments in April alone :fakewow: and we're on track this month to surpass that. :wow:

If you're a guest lurking, I hope you take this opportunity to sign up and join our conversations. :)

I wanted to create a new public topic where you can leave your two cents on things you'd want to

• See
  • Be improved upon
  • Changed
  • Or stay as is 

It's important to me to hear from you so I can continue making this place (so much) better.

I'm not a regular community leader, I'm a cool community leader. ;) 

I also want to make Exhale more inviting for guests who like to browse every day, and inspire them to take the plunge and sign up and begin engaging (btw if that sounds like you, please feel free to register and leave your two cents - your voice is very valuable).

Alright team...

let-it-out.gif.6a360861c0f044ec71d4583ddd15b078.gif

• Love 1

I think it'd be a lot better if instead of defaulting to asterisks, all the restricted words (at least the love-making related ones) defaulted to more "family-friendly" terms.

Instead of ***, ***** would default to booty. ***** h O l E would default to bootyhole. S h I t and c R a P would default to poop. Etc.

If we're going to be censored no matter what, then it'd at least be nice to get a rough understanding of what someone else meant rather than trying to decipher asterisks like a codebreaker during WW2. :yaknow: 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4

It's not suuper important, but it'd be great if we could edit the calendar events, like changing the title, or the content, or the date if it's mistaken, or the cover picture.

Also something that really IS bothering me lately, is how I need to click so many times to get to the Britney forum.

I know there is that little nav bar over there

bbbb.png

but it just doesn't feel natural to click on it. I'm already too used to always clicking on the Exhale icon on top of the page to go back to Home, but once there, I can't no longer go to the Britney forum in one click. In the old Exhale we would have the different forums right there, or in this new Exhale we would have the latest/hottest topics with the forum they belonged to underneath the title (usually there would be at least one from Britney forum) so in just one click I was back in the Britney forum, but now I have to go to that side bar on the left, and I know it sounds silly but those little things really affect my experience, especially when I'm here almost every day and I'm already used to things working a certain way :blol:

• Love 1

I’m a mobile user 100% of the time so I’m not sure if it’s different on desktop but I actually miss seeing the “popular threads” section that used to be listed before you get to the threads of the section you’re in.

For me, once that disappeared I noticed I don’t frequent other sections of Exhale anymore. I think bringing that back would get more engagement in other sections besides just the Britney Spears one. :mhm:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It would be great to have the possibility to edit and/or delete our posts again, it's frustrating when you forgot to write something, or want to add a line or just want to delete it because you've changed your mind. It must be the last website on earth where we can't edit or delete our own post. :nervousney:

It's also very hard to navigate en mobile, mostly because of ads being too big. 

But other than those details I really loved what exhale has become as a website ! The reactions buttons are such a good idea sometimes when I'm on other forums I want to use it but it's not there. :tifftear:

• Like 2
  • Leader
11 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I think it'd be a lot better if instead of defaulting to asterisks, all the restricted words (at least the love-making related ones) defaulted to more "family-friendly" terms.

Instead of ***, ***** would default to booty. ***** h O l E would default to bootyhole. S h I t and c R a P would default to poop. Etc.

If we're going to be censored no matter what, then it'd at least be nice to get a rough understanding of what someone else meant rather than trying to decipher asterisks like a codebreaker during WW2. :yaknow: 

I ******* like this idea. 

I'll have to do some more investigating, because Google still tends to flag words if they recognize people are trying to get around their censors. For example, using a dollar sign and an exclamation point to write 💩 will get flagged still. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
11 hours ago, ol123 said:

The only thing i think needs working on is the restricted words. Britney's forum is a big part of Exhale and we can't even get away with saying It's Britney *****. :ehum:

Yea how ridiculous is it that we cant say ~the b word~

In case anyone is wondering why we are aggressive about censoring certain words, it's because Google will pull their ads from pages that have those words on it. If we were subscription only you guys could curse all you want. But since we rely on advertising still, it's the name of the game 😩 

• Leader
11 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

PUT A FREAKING DELETE POST AND DELETE THREAD:didilie:

You left your caps lock on by mistake. :imacat:

This will be tough to implement. 

I am considering adding a delete your comment option, however if members begin deleting their comments, it ruins the whole chain of replies. Plus there's this...

Say a member quotes a post that you want deleted. Are you going to request their comment gets deleted as well? That's where things begin to get dicey. Imagine your comments getting deleted per someone else's request. :teigen:

Having the power to delete your entire thread is not something I anticipate we'll implement. What if the OP of the BritneysGram topic went and deleted it with the 50,000 replies? That would be detrimental. 

I know this sounds lame but my best advice is use that Edit tool if there's something you want changed, or please message me or the moderators if you want your content removed and we'll address this on a case-by-case basis. And do a quick values check before hitting that Submit reply button!

• Like 3
  • Leader
8 hours ago, osherlovesbritney said:

in mobile; the site freezes every time I'm in so I need to close it and open again. :cigney:
u should make the ads more mobile friendly cuz they're a nightmare.:fran:
and putting images from google in mobile is really hard    :chrissy:

#giveexhaleaapp.:meltdown:

(Galaxy Note 9 user)

What pages specifically causes the site to freeze? Literally every page? Or just the homepage?

The ads are about as mobile friendly as we can get :/ I actually removed two ad partners last week that were creating these huge takeover ads and also took one of the ads you would normally see at the top completely off (so I'm surprised to hear that they're a nightmare haha). Not sure what else I can do in that regard :crying3:  

Any time I try to create a better user experience (UX), advertising revenue drops. Then when I increase the revenue with more ads, the UX takes a plunge. That's one reason why I am excited about Exhale+. I want to escape the advertising banner model since they slow the site down. 

Regarding the images... I think you may have to go to the actual site and copy + paste the .jpg / .gif link versus trying to get it straight from Google. Maybe try that and tell me if it's easier?

Exhale+ subs can upload images right into their posts :clown:

11 hours ago, ol123 said:

The only thing i think needs working on is the restricted words. Britney's forum is a big part of Exhale and we can't even get away with saying It's Britney *****. :ehum:

Well, it wasn't censored when I created my account, it clearly asked me to see if I have the level to be here to write the missing word on "It's Britney, _______!" so

:frenchy::haha:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block