OIDIA (song) originally had a different name... Confirmed Early OIDIA Tracklist & Info!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
On 5/11/2020 at 2:53 AM, JackSProductions said:

5. Shock Your Mind

Interesting. All this time I thought that the whole Shock Your Mind thing was a bunch of horse**** but I was going through Twitter earlier and I saw this tweet which includes excerpts of an interview she gave Tiger Beat in 2001 where she literally confirms that the album was originally titled Shock Your Mind

My best guess is that she may have recorded a song with that same title in late 1999 and the name stuck with her after that to the point that she decided to use it as the name of her next album, kinda like how Avril Lavigne's Let Go was named after one of the first songs she recorded when she got signed

3 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

Interesting. All this time I thought that the whole Shock Your Mind thing was a bunch of horse**** but I was going through Twitter earlier and I saw this tweet which includes excerpts of an interview she gave Tiger Beat in 2001 where she literally confirms that the album was originally titled Shock Your Mind

My best guess is that she may have recorded a song with that same title in late 1999 and the name stuck with her after that to the point that she decided to use it as the name of her next album, kinda like how Avril Lavigne's Let Go was named after one of the first songs she recorded when she got signed

Yep there’s definitely a song called Shock Your Mind, I presume it didn’t fit on the Oops album and was re-purposed for the new album. Then when the whole crossroads soundtrack album blend thing happened, it probably got scrapped.

6 hours ago, PlayboiMommy said:

WHATTTT this is such a good find! All this time I thought it was just a rumour. While a good album title I think just calling the third album ‘Britney’ made the most sense.

Hopefully “Shock Your Mind” surfaces. It probably won’t though, since it’s so old & recorded during the DAT days. My bet is it’s probably a Max track that’ll only escape the vault for a an unreleased compilation (that’s been long overdue for ages) or posthumous record (that THANKFULLY won’t be happening anytime soon).

omg I totally remember hearing or reading in those teen magazines back then that her next album after oops was gonna be Shock Your Mind and I remember being ready to have my wig snatched. I remember thinking "oooh sounds so edgyyy 🤘" I was SO excited for whatever it was I wrote it in my diary: "Britney's next album comes out on November 6!" :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

it is crazy to think (as Jen from WNTTAB podcast pointed out) that this album and Dream Within a Dream tour came out only months after 9/11. 

anyway love hearing about weird things that could have been. it's kind of hard to imagine Oops being anything else than it was :wow_surprised_shocked_omg: 

I wish I could remember some of the rumored things I read on those fansites when I was younger but my poor brain is fried :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

On 3/8/2021 at 10:30 PM, princessmimi said:

Wow this is so cool!

I cant believe she was gonna name the album Platinum 2000,

im glad she didnt cause that would've been dated af

Sunflower was cute but it didnt fit Britney

I recently discovered that Sunflower was a complete separate album from Oops, and the whole album pretty much got scrapped and they restarted, minus a few songs 

40 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

I recently discovered that Sunflower was a complete separate album from Oops, and the whole album pretty much got scrapped and they restarted, minus a few songs 

Wait what? Do you have any evidence/proof of this? Or tentative tracklistings? 

Archived