OIDIA (song) originally had a different name... Confirmed Early OIDIA Tracklist & Info!

After doing some research from my previous post, I’ve came across some very rare info which I think you guys would love as we’re approaching the Oops!... I Did It Again album 20th Anniversary!

The first information comes from late 1999 with the then rumoured new Britney album (currently called ‘Sunflower’) and this is the tracklist that was leaked.

1. Asking For Trouble 

2. Walk On By

3. Cell Phone (Interlude)

4. What U See Is What U Get

5. Shock Your Mind

6. Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know

7. Do You Want It?

8. The End Of Us (Ft. J.C Chasez)

9. Under This Spell

10. I’ll Never Fall In Love Again

11. Mirror, Mirror (Most likely GITM)

12. A Long Time Past

13. You Don’t Own Me 

14. How can this be

^https://www.angelfire.com/ca3/allen316/sunflowerlist.html

Now jumping forward to January 29, 2000. This info comes from someone who was in the same studios and the Oops sessions and had lots of (proved) information.

https://victoriavm.tripod.com/britney/layout3/index2_jan.htm

Hey, I received an e-mail from Aurora Lindell (probably you don't know her) who is signed on to Jive Records. He is in process of recording an album in Sweden (in the same exact studio as Britney) and she works with Max Martin and Mutt Lange, too. She told me that Britney's new album is called "Britney..." not "Sunflower" like the rumours say and actually none of the songs that she has seen posted on the internet are what is on the album. She has heard some of the final mixes and she was shock about how GREAT they were. "They are TONS different from her first album. It is more grown upand soulful. Really shows her singing ability. The first single off her CD is called "Me..." it is awesome and has this really cool beat. I am not sure if that is the final name but it is cool. I also know that Diane Warren, who writes tons of amazing songs, will contibute to the album and so will Babyface. William Orbit, who worked with Madonna on "Ray of Light" also contributes some amazing tunes. All in all I think there is like 15 songs so far, but I am sure some of those will not make the final cut."

As we know, some of the rumoured songs way rumoured way back from 1999 did in fact make the album. This information though is true as the album went on to being named Britney, then Platinum 2000. The producers also are credited on the Oops Album, and this is way before any mention of the lead single was around!

Now jumping forward to 27th February 2000. This is what I found the most interesting.

+ It is official Britney's new single is called "Opps! I Did it again..." it will hit radio airwaves March27th. The song was originally titled "Me..."! She is also doing a cover of an old Rolling Stones songcalled "(I Don't Need No) Satisfaction". She has notrecorded "Satisfaction" yet. I know she is going in after the Grammy's and recording and mixing it withRodney Jerkins. She also wrote a song herself entitled "Dear Diary". It is about a girl who is inlove with this guy and then comes in and writes about it in her diary. It is pretty amazing. I have listened to the entire finished album with the exception of a few that will be added, and it is GREAT! I swear. Even though Britney did not win any Grammy's this year I know she will next year! I am telling you this is awesome! But I would not consider it pop. More like R&B meets pop meets Hip-Hop. 
   I heard this information when I was in Sweden working on my album, but you can also hear about some of the same stuff at Mtv.com and Brittney's official website Britney.com.
   I also heard that Britney is in talks to star in a movie called "The President's Daughter". All I know about this one is that it is about a naughty firstkid. She talks some about that in the issue of People magazine with her on the cover. She is also set tostar along side Ben Afleck if she gets the part.

Now we learn that Oops! Was originally titled ‘Me...’ which sounds really odd as I couldn’t imagine oops as anything else lol, but also the information of Dear Diary, Satsifaction is really interesting. 

Idk what you will all think of this but me personally it’s so interesting how different Oops could’ve been. The name change from Me to Oops could be the reason the album had three previous names (Sunflower, Britney, Platinum 2000) and I wonder if the song was much different to the one released! Obviously Me... and Oops are the same song as confirmed by this source who had heard both songs but I just can’t imagine OIDIA being called Me that just makes no sense? :umomg:

Anyways thanks for reading all this if you stayed to the end lol, just some facts with details I doubt everyone knows!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

It’s true because of dates!! Everything was Post-March 2000 and so much info was accurate!!

Where did you find the info? It could have been backdated if you found it after the fact. I just doubt a song called Oops I Did It Again was ever called Me lol. It doesn't make any sense.

2 minutes ago, BritneySpurs said:

Where did you find the info? It could have been backdated if you found it after the fact. I just doubt a song called Oops I Did It Again was ever called Me lol. It doesn't make any sense.

Link in the top post, and you’ll see how old the website is, it’s clearly a genuine Britney Fansite from 1999

https://victoriavm.tripod.com/britney/layout3/index2_jan.htm

@JackSProductions Thank you so much for finding this and posting it here! I read it till the end and it’s so nice seeing what rumors the Britney Army had back in 1999/2000. I love reading this kind of stuff, in fact I’ve tried time and time again to find old Britney forums just to see what her fans were saying back in 1999/early 2000s but I fail miserably every time as I can never find anything so thank you again!

It’s clear these were legit rumors too! Ahhh I can’t imagine what it must have been like being a fan in 1999, any of you remember what people on forums were saying or what was being rumored?

The website looks so cute too. And this was extra cute lol

Do you think that the year 2000 will be as successful for Britney as 1999? If, so will you buy her new album called "Sunflower"? And why? Put your vote here! Check out the "fun stuff" section for the archive of last polls.

6 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

@JackSProductions Thank you so much for finding this and posting it here! I read it till the end and it’s so nice seeing what rumors the Britney Army had back in 1999/2000. I love reading this kind of stuff, in fact I’ve tried time and time again to find old Britney forums just to see what her fans were saying back in 1999/early 2000s but I fail miserably every time as I can never find anything so thank you again!

It’s clear these were legit rumors too! Ahhh I can’t imagine what it must have been like being a fan in 1999, any of you remember what people on forums were saying or what was being rumored?

The website looks so cute too. And this was extra cute lol

Do you think that the year 2000 will be as successful for Britney as 1999? If, so will you buy her new album called "Sunflower"? And why? Put your vote here! Check out the "fun stuff" section for the archive of last polls.

No worries I love the history of early Britney! I’m not even sure how I managed to find them tbh I was just trying to find the original Sunflower rumoured tracklist and then found it, clicked off and accidentally clicked onto something else and stumbled across the old Britney fan site which normally don’t work anymore (unless you try with the Wayback machine!) I’m gonna try and find more rumours/Info from before the album was released :yeahhh:

22 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

No worries I love the history of early Britney! I’m not even sure how I managed to find them tbh I was just trying to find the original Sunflower rumoured tracklist and then found it, clicked off and accidentally clicked onto something else and stumbled across the old Britney fan site which normally don’t work anymore (unless you try with the Wayback machine!) I’m gonna try and find more rumours/Info from before the album was released :yeahhh:

Haha sometimes we find precious things without even trying, but yeah if you find any more stuff or websites please post. Meanwhile, I just used the wayback machine for the first time and this was the first thing I found from 2005

For me, nude celebrities are all the rage. I just love see the nude body of a famous celebrity like Britney Spears. Her **** *** and ample breasts throw me into a dreamlike fantasy. To see her naked for the first time sent me back 20 years to my first peek at beautiful ****. My blood pressure went up seeing a woman as beautiful as Britney Spears and the hair on my neck stood tall. If I could ever travel back in time, that warm and fuzzy feeling would definately be one reason why. I hope you enjoy seeing Britney Spears nude as much as I do. Maybe one day we will see her in a ****!

Somebody was a little too excited:haha:

7 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

Haha sometimes we find precious things without even trying, but yeah if you find any more stuff or websites please post. Meanwhile, I just used the wayback machine for the first time and this was the first thing I found from 2005

For me, nude celebrities are all the rage. I just love see the nude body of a famous celebrity like Britney Spears. Her **** *** and ample breasts throw me into a dreamlike fantasy. To see her naked for the first time sent me back 20 years to my first peek at beautiful ****. My blood pressure went up seeing a woman as beautiful as Britney Spears and the hair on my neck stood tall. If I could ever travel back in time, that warm and fuzzy feeling would definately be one reason why. I hope you enjoy seeing Britney Spears nude as much as I do. Maybe one day we will see her in a ****!

I just tried the Wayback machine and the first thing that came up was BRITNEY SPEARS NUDE BRITNEY SPEARS NAKED BRITNEY SPEARS ****:ehidk: right lol 

7 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

Yuck :ugh: This was probably written by some 50 year old perv from his mother’s basement. I could have gone my entire life with out reading that :eheeek: There’s gotta be a ton of crazy $h!t said on old websites that we don’t even know about :shocked:

I believe the information:
-For the direction of the album that she has always wanted to be R&B.
-Britney wrote Dear Diary for Justin.
-I also remember the rumor of the movie "The president's daughter" and then became " A different daughter" and her role was given to Katie Holmes.
-The rumor about Ben Affleck.
-"Shock Your Mind", this is from Wade, I remember that he wanted the album( they gave him complete freedom as the creative director) to be called "Shock Your Mind" instead of "Britney".

Imagine Britney singing "I promise that you'll never find another like me-e-eee~ oh-oh-oooh~ I'm the only one of me. Baby, that's the fun of me." :bop:

On topic. Yeah, no. The website looks... uhmm... sketchy. And Britney fans are some of the best detectives in the world. How did no one find this website when it's been up for apparently, "2 decades" :imacat:

And omg the Xtina shade. :deadbanana:

4 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Imagine Britney singing "I promise that you'll never find another like me-e-eee~ oh-oh-oooh~ I'm the only one of me. Baby, that's the fun of me." :bop:

On topic. Yeah, no. The website looks... uhmm... sketchy. And Britney fans are some of the best detectives in the world. How did no one find this website when it's been up for apparently, "2 decades" :imacat:

And omg the Xtina shade. :deadbanana:

I was curious at first, but you can check the history of domains and that specific one like of that page of the news bit can be traced back all the way to the correct dates (Nov1999, Jan&Feb2000)

Also if you have a look through the whole website you’ll tell it’s a genuine Britney fan site and to me it looks/feels very early 2000 as that what websites were like then. Remember they were primarily built through HTML with notepad, so that’s why they looked so ‘sketchy’ 

Archived