Legal Information Regarding a 'Britney Jean' Lawsuit Against RCA

4 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I didn’t want to be too harsh but AGREED. Nominating this thread for dumbest thread (non Rik category).

Like I’ve seen a few posts here that I disagree with and just move on to the next post, but this is literally anti-Britney. I would not do this to my least favorite artist let alone to my favorite artist. These ‘fans’ will not rest until this **** goes viral just like it did with JLo and now everytime I see her name come up there’s someone mentioning it (even tho what she did was worse).

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

Like I’ve seen a few posts here that I disagree with and just move on to the next post, but this is literally anti-Britney. I would not do this to my least favorite artist let alone to my favorite artist. These ‘fans’ will not rest until this **** goes viral just like it did with JLo and now everytime I see her name come up there’s someone mentioning it (even tho what she did was worse).

You’re so right. What kind of fan would sue their fav? :madonna:

• Like 3

If Team B ever releases a posthumous album with non-Britney lead vocals, I can get behind this.

I believe one of the big reasons the Cascio case was dismissed was because they were able to prove there were SOME vocals from Michael Jackson in them. Every song on Britney Jean has some vocals from Britney (though Body Ache is a tad suspect). I think a case suing Britney or her label would be a waste of money and non-productive.

• Love 1

That’s ridiculous. I don’t understand why anyone would want to do this, now of all times. Britney is trying to get her freedom, and you want to bring this up? This would make her look horrible and take away an shred of respect for the gp has for her as an artist. Also, I’m pretty sure most songs out there by major artists have vocals by back up singers or other artists that are not credited. It’s a pretty flimsy case I think. If you’re that upset about it, throw away the cd or stop streaming. They learned there lesson with Glory. 

• Love 2

Why do you care so much? The majority of the fanbase doesn’t like the album as it is anyways. Even if Britney did sing the entirety of these songs, I seriously wouldn’t care. They’re just not good songs.

and honestly even if we did win, why would we have more luck than the Michael fan? I don’t know why fans pretend Britney hasn’t always been heavily supported by background singers prior to Britney Jean. Ffs, Gimme More and Break the Ice are carried by Keri Hilson (or are they Kerried teehee). Toxic is carried by Cathy Dennis. Yes Britney is present but ever since the beginning she’s always been drowned out by background singers. I hear Britney on Britney Jean. I hear Myah on Britney Jean. Sometimes I hear Myah more than I hear Britney. But I personally also don’t hear Britney’s low vocals in He About to Lose Me’s chorus. It’s drowned out by backing vocalists. Britney Jean is *kinda* the same case, except this time the background singer is doing their Britney impression.

I really don’t give a ****. Britney didn’t have much heart in the project and has hardly performed anything from the album. Let it go lol

7 hours ago, Fenixxx123 said:

If this happens it'll affect Britney and her team we like or not. I don't think it is a good idea specially for Britney's health

While she’s under the CONservatorship she won’t be able to testify or be involved in the legal proceedings anyway. They’ll take statements from Felicia, Robyn, Larry, Adam, Will.I.Am, Myah, RCA reps, etc. 

Britney’s reputation would definitely be tarnished though... tbh I would be happy with Britney removing it off streaming services and adding Work ***** to Glory 

Also I don’t believe Britney did anything wrong with Britney Jean. 

Lets be real, we know Britney isn’t involved in the mixing and mastering of the music, so for all we know Britney believes all the vocals she laid down for the album were used? It’s such a confusing story. Let’s just leave this alone 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ShatteredBoy said:

Plus the Michael Jackson thing is completely different, his fan sued his label, I’m sure his fan would never sue him. These ‘fans’ don’t realize they’re actually suing Britney too and tarnishing her brand, while complaining that the GP just sees her as a marketed puppet.

Exactly! It was never about suing Britney herself but RCA! I made it very clear in the title and body of my post! The lawyer explained if there was fraud, Britney was involved, but Britney herself would not be sued. That said, I'll let it go since not enough fans would want to pursue it.

1 hour ago, Pinky98 said:

Also I don’t believe Britney did anything wrong with Britney Jean. 

Lets be real, we know Britney isn’t involved in the mixing and mastering of the music, so for all we know Britney believes all the vocals she laid down for the album were used? It’s such a confusing story. Let’s just leave this alone 

Yeah, but if full songs and half of songs were dubbed as alleged, she must have noticed something. I'm all for leaving it alone! It's just that every few months, a new Britney Jean thread pops up, and new allegations are made (it was alleged just a few weeks ago If You Seek Amy, Lace and Leather (from Circus) and the chorus of Inside Out (Femme Fatale) were also dubbed. See:

10 hours ago, C0CKy said:

I don’t know why you’re catching resistance on this. I’ve been saying we should start a class action for years.

They broke the law when they sold us an album under Britney’s name with a different person’s voice taking the lead and they should pay. Aren’t you guys tired of the lies and frauding?  They bit the hand that feeds them (in more ways than one,) and it’s what they deserve! :deserves:

True! As I've explained in my previous post, those allegations are still brought up! Just a few weeks ago, it was alleged If You Seek Amy and Lace and Leather (from Circus) and Inside Out (from Femme Fatale) were also dubbed. I'm not the one that keeps making the allegations!

Britney actually sounded the good in the hook of Alien. This remake below, as its creator explained to me, has, in its hook, Britney on lead, Myah on the harmony, Ana Díaz on the high pitched overtones, and also, in the final chorus, Anthony Preston in the background. Why was Britney completely removed from the hook of the album version?

Anyway, I got the message... I'll let it go, but I hope other fans will too and stop bringing it up every now and then. The only way to get to the bottom of this is for there to be a trial where will.i.am, Anthony Preston, William Orbit, Julian Prindle, David Guetta and so on would explain the situation under oath (esp. about the songs alleged to have been fully or almost fully dubbed). Since it's not going to happen, let's let it go, and the allegations will always officially remain speculation.